Trapped on Haven (An Excerpt)

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
F7356C5D-532B-4DFD-9CBA-93E05920ADFD.jpeg

A Kallardian ship crashed on the southern coast of an unknown island. They were hundreds of miles from the continent of Nordveld; which was a place of majestic mountains and freezing cold. Thus today, the sun burned on their pale flesh like coal to a refinery.

An autonomous klan led by Hövding ElderBlade; who ruled a part of the larger region of the north called läns stood before the coast to take in this new land. His sister, Katria stood beside him observing the long faces in their rear. The Warmongers had not eaten meat in a month. Their faces caved in from near starvation.

“Elder, fuck did you lead us?” Widsith growled.

“Look it’s a field of springbok!” another said in wonder.

“Those are actual pigs!” He shot an arrow into one to hear it squeal. “And they aren’t running!” he laughed.

“This must be Valhalla.” many said.

“I don’t remember dying,” Elder finally spoke to them. “The land is plentiful with game. We just need to find shelter. Then we can make repairs on the ship and be off this island in a fortnight.”

“Fuck that!” Widsith said.

ElderBlade’s wolf Elsa growled at the man fiercely for making his challenge. The Kallardian warmonger softened his tone after seeing the murderous eye of Elder’s wolf.

“We found paradise. Why do we need to leave?” the Warmonger challenged again. “Look there’s a keep to the west. We can take it. Might have loot and great treasure.”

“Or it could be death. But you are too stupid to see that. Perhaps you want to go to Valhalla after all,” Katria teased.

“Tell your bloody wolf to take her eyes off me or I’m going to skew it!” Widsith threatened.

“You can try,” Elder unsheathed his greatblade. Katria also pulled her sword in her brothers defense. “But I won’t show mercy on ye. Neither will Elsa.”

“For seventeen years I’ve been loyal. But I’m done taking orders from you. Done with this klan! You are not my Hövding! I’m going to take me family and take that fucking keep. And ye not gonna stop me. Who’s with me?!”

The entire group of Warmongers all followed Widsith in rally. Greed and opportunity now filled their eyes. Indeed they had lost their way. Betrayal had taken their hearts and their minds had already been decided to uphold this tragic mutiny.

All that remained was Katria. Forever loyal.

“What now brother? We have no men. No support. Are we going to die on this island?”

“First we are going to rest and eat. Then we’re going to fix the boat. Then if Widsith still lingers in that keep, we’re going to kill him and those traitors, and be off this godforsaken island.”

“May we go with Odin’s strength,” Katria finished.

TO BE CONTINUED….

Last edited: