Sword charging speed revamp

Splitter

May 28, 2020
It seems natural for me that in MO2, two handed-swords should be slightly faster than one-handed weapons, however, still faster than a two-handed steel axe or maul.

A two-handed longsword should give you an advantage in MO2 as a self-defence weapon rather than as a weapon of war. Good speed, decent reach, and mediocre damage.

On the topic of war swords (Zweihander, Claymore, Montante Spadone), they are too slow in the Alpha, which on a game balancing view I can understand, and they are perfectly fine against other two-handed weapons. It’s when against one-handed weapons that a two-handed weapon user will struggle. A two-handed weapon does as much damage (slightly more/on par) but the speed is clearly on another level (one-second full charge for a light one-handed weapon compared to the near two seconds for a two-handed sword).

To keep it concise. Make two-handed swords and other two-handed weapons slightly faster on the charging to be as able as a one-hander without utterly destroying the appeal of a one-handed sword axe or mace as an offensive beating stick.

I believe it would make fights between a duo fighting with two-handed weapons more nervous and fast-paced, and overall- more balanced.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I would argue the opposite.

I think one handed weapons should be slowed down a touch, as they are currently far too fast.

Regarding specific balance of different weapons, that discussion can't be had productively until the crafting system is in place with all the different weapon head, handle and material combinations available.

Different weapons will be made of different materials for different purposes.

You also have to take into account that the current two handed sword blades and the current one handed sword blades are not the same. Just as in Mortal 1, when the crafting system is implemented you will be able to craft a particular blade with either a two or one handed hilt.

In that scenario the two handed version of that blade would indeed be faster than the one handed version.

Splitter

May 28, 2020
You are making a verry good Point Valoran.

Most of the experience have from MO comes from the combat Alpha of MO2 Wich of course mean that I'm not well versed in the mechanic of Mortal online.
I still would love to see base weapons/ weapons you obtain in the tutoriel area to be either slightly faster, or like you said the one hander get a nerf in speed maybe from 1 sec for full charge to a 1sec and 30 mil sec.

Reactions: Chalice

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It seems natural for me that in MO2, two handed-swords should be slightly faster than one-handed weapons, however, still faster than a two-handed steel axe or maul.

A two-handed longsword should give you an advantage in MO2 as a self-defence weapon rather than as a weapon of war. Good speed, decent reach, and mediocre damage.

On the topic of war swords (Zweihander, Claymore, Montante Spadone), they are too slow in the Alpha, which on a game balancing view I can understand, and they are perfectly fine against other two-handed weapons. It’s when against one-handed weapons that a two-handed weapon user will struggle. A two-handed weapon does as much damage (slightly more/on par) but the speed is clearly on another level (one-second full charge for a light one-handed weapon compared to the near two seconds for a two-handed sword).

To keep it concise. Make two-handed swords and other two-handed weapons slightly faster on the charging to be as able as a one-hander without utterly destroying the appeal of a one-handed sword axe or mace as an offensive beating stick.

I believe it would make fights between a duo fighting with two-handed weapons more nervous and fast-paced, and overall- more balanced.
/agree.

We need weapons that can get around parries or else the whole game become a parry whore turtle combat situation.
I do hope that 1 handed weapons gets slightly slower when coupled with a shield to negate being too offensive when using a defensive boon like a shield, a shield should imo have bigger block radius on the side its held directionally when we finally get rid of the current 360 degree blocking radius.

Reactions: JudgeDrev
May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
it feels more natural for one handed weapons to swing/charge faster cuz they are light in nature. opposed to greatswords. (the only 2 handed swords are zweihanders and flamberge, grossmesser and claymore, typically GREATswords)

maybe if they had longer lighter blades like mo1 conqueror blade, we can have lighter 2 handeds??