Suicide exploit

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
Players are using the suicide function to increase the murder count on a player who kills their pet. We need to get a message with a players name when they use the murder count system. This way we can report these players exploiting the system for something that was never intended.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
You're assuming it's not intended and you just want to grief pets in town without any consequences.

Well, it isn't only for people who kill a pet. Anyone who flagged on the player can receive a murder count, despite not having murdered the player. So this can be used by griefing blue blockers who run into someone's weapon, causing them to flag criminal, and then suiciding themselves to cause that player rep loss and murder count. I could care less if people who attack pets have consequences or not, but people who don't murder someone should not then get the penalty for murdering someone.

Reactions: Anoah

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Well, it isn't only for people who kill a pet. Anyone who flagged on the player can receive a murder count, despite not having murdered the player. So this can be used by griefing blue blockers who run into someone's weapon, causing them to flag criminal, and then suiciding themselves to cause that player rep loss and murder count. I could care less if people who attack pets have consequences or not, but people who don't murder someone should not then get the penalty for murdering someone.
You can also turn off criminal actions so you can't hit a blue for that exact reason

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can also turn off criminal actions so you can't hit a blue for that exact reason
Well plenty of reasons the defender needs to turn off their crim actions to win a fight.

You now get two MCs for defending yourself against a pet user or mounted.

also its weird that in how now suiciding gives MCs but in the past the button did not give MCs.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Well plenty of reasons the defender needs to turn off their crim actions to win a fight.

You now get two MCs for defending yourself against a pet user or mounted.

also its weird that in how now suiciding gives MCs but in the past the button did not give MCs.
They can't mc for themselves and their pet just hitting their pet counts as you hit them so they can't just kill your horse and run.

D

Deleted member 44

You're assuming it's not intended and you just want to grief pets in town without any consequences.
Given that they removed the ability to give a murdercount upon hitting the suicide button I doubt it's intented. Quit trying to white knight this as it's clearly an exploit.

Reactions: Anoah

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Players are using the suicide function to increase the murder count on a player who kills their pet. We need to get a message with a players name when they use the murder count system. This way we can report these players exploiting the system for something that was never intended.
TBH i would also consider killing pets without murder count or penalty an exploit.
Shooting people pets and mounts in town without risking anything (Well maybe a cheap bow and a handful of arrows) from a house or cliff to kill pets i think thats an exploit :p

If your killing pets then idealy ur aim is to kill the player so you would take a murder count anyway there now if urjust sniping pets from hills and running away to troll somone then its only fair they troll youback by suiciding for a murder count

Piet

May 28, 2020
Given that they removed the ability to give a murdercount upon hitting the suicide button I doubt it's intented. Quit trying to white knight this as it's clearly an exploit.
Disagreeing with a statement is white knighting? You're a strange one. That's not what that means. I believe it is intended otherwise why even add that in? If you have to die to mc and then can't mc because you only mc for you or your pet not both what is the possible use of the change? The literal only use is if someone kills your pet and runs you can MC them to encourage actual fights instead of killin the pet and running.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Let them do that, what's the problem? If you are scared about murder counts you should't go around attacking players or their pets/mounts.
Just do a long breath and start collecting murder counts like a real man.
Embrace the redness.
See you in GK <3

Reactions: Piet
D

Deleted member 44

Disagreeing with a statement is white knighting? You're a strange one. That's not what that means. I believe it is intended otherwise why even add that in? If you have to die to mc and then can't mc because you only mc for you or your pet not both what is the possible use of the change? The literal only use is if someone kills your pet and runs you can MC them to encourage actual fights instead of killin the pet and running.
Nothing to disagree with, you're just wrong.

Here you go. It's you're entire personality.

I typically find that those that play the rightous in video games are often the most evil in real life.

• Haha
Reactions: Piet

Piet

May 28, 2020
Nothing to disagree with, you're just wrong.

Here you go. It's you're entire personality.

I typically find that those that play the rightous in video games are often the most evil in real life.

ya even in that link, that's not how you use that terminology. XD There is def stuff to disagree with and I am not defending anyone I am disagreeing with you. You on the other hand didn't even try to actually debate the point I made because you know you're wrong. gg.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just like to point this out for next time someone cries about another person using a "exploit"

Like you are not supposed to beable to give MCs by suiciding. But you are able to MC if they kill your pet and you suicide. Normally people who kill a grey player would proceed to bank their gear and then jump off a cliff untill they died to murder count and rep loss the grey player that they fought.

Logically you cant say its intended to allow players to suicide to give MCs for pets when you cant do the same for your own death. So that is deffinition exploitation of a unintended system.

Now what new player would know that you are not supposed to not be able to give MCs for pet deaths after you suicides? Looking at this threat lots of people havent even came to the conclusion of it being a exploit even thought it fits the bill perfectly.

Seen lots of names going around calling this and that, and who a exploit/er and how they should be banned or should magically know the meta behind the unwritten intended features of the game.