Stream Obfuscation

D

Deleted member 44

The game needs to add some location and data obfuscation to support those that want to stream.

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
It won't help. A seasoned player can easily recognise where you are simply by looking at the terrain. After playing for a few months, and traveling the world, you learn the entire continent.

I suggest you work on your diplomacy and get some bodyguards instead. It makes for a better stream too.

In worst case you can obfuscate your screen by cluttering it with graphics, but that kind of turns it into a radio show.

D

Deleted member 44

Uhhh, I'm not the one with the issue. I'm asking them to improve the method in which people steam so that it will draw more people in to play.

Reactions: Draug

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
maybe i dont really watch enough streams but i dont understand whats being asked for here.
as mentioned, if you show any of the landscape then certainly vets will have a very good idea of your general location if not your exact location. i dont know what kind of change you would expect to hide that.
as for data obfuscation you mean like hiding your toon name so you can have a streamer alter-ego? pretty sure henrik wanted everyone's actions to reflect on their toons and for reputation to mean 'more' than it ever did in mo1 where you could just hop on another f2p and be back at in no time.

could be i'm completely misunderstanding the ask

-barcode

D

Deleted member 44

Here are some examples.

Randomizer for compass.

Block out heath, stamina, mana to stream.

Maybe add some type of optional fog to distant objects to minimize easy landscape mapping.

Obviously open to suggestions.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Here are some examples.

Randomizer for compass.

Block out heath, stamina, mana to stream.

Maybe add some type of optional fog to distant objects to minimize easy landscape mapping.

Obviously open to suggestions.
compass can be toggled off, or you can block it out in your streaming so it cant be seen
same goes for player UI for health/stam/mana

i wouldnt mind some kind of depth of field effect for distant objects like exists in valheim. i dont know if that would realistically hide your location from much of anyone but it might be visually appealing. If you go to anything interesting like a dungeon or active farming location, certainly that will be a dead giveaway and everyone will know where you're at no matter how hard you try and mask it.

likely the initial suggestion is best, work on your diplomacy and bring some fanboys for bodyguards

-barcode

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I remember watching a few pvp vets livestream on MO1 in the past when the population was still decent, they would stream for long periods of time in the wilderness without anyone coming to fight them.

They would even do yells and aggressively goad anyone watching to come and take them on. Some people would show up but kept their distance, not daring to make the first move.

I think how you project yourself has an effect on whether or not other players attacked you on sight. Mind you though, these pvp vet livestreamers were as tough as nails and probably some of the best pvpers in the community.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicorps

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Streamers only hurt the game every time I watch a stream I see horrible game breaking bugs and have no interest to play. Streamers should be killed as quickly as possible for the good of this game.

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why dont you put a overlay over it? Every other streamer uses overlays? Stream labs has them, obs has them, Im sure AMD does as well.

Everything even turning down render range exist.