StarVault really does listen to us. Suggestion make more threads of things to help them succeed. Report more bugs too!

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
1.) Guards finally got improved! Now they teleport to attack players!

2.) HORSE ARMOR At Long Last! Goes hand in hand with Number 1 above! :), I feel a little bit safer in a Bank now! My horse actually survived being attacked by a few players jumping me while i mined too!

3.) Saburra is now in Tindrem Pass! We need more resource nodes, the game was pretty bare of content, i love this change!

4.) Spiritism was released Mages now have more options! This is before release which is what the game needed!

5.) Bone tissue, Emalj, Ironbone all nerfed! This makes Metal Armors more competitive and makes farming them seem more worth it! Combined with more Nodes this is a VERY Good Change!

Starvault Fuck Yeah! Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Speznat

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
I like most of the changes but for some reason each patch leaves a bitter taste in my mouth . I feel SV wants a hard core game but makes the game less hardcore with each patch by listening to the people who cry the loudest. My impression.

Over powered city Guards are dumb imo if you really want guards 2 shotting people in steel with unblockable attacks why not just make towns a no pvp zone. This is teh illusion of freedom / sandbox meant to protect pver's. Also guards need a clear leash to not leave / attack once a player leaves teh compound of a city. City combat can be super fun and there will be more lawless towns in teh future so i will just hang there. No need to balance around me. Just my opinion on the matter. Off to the facts:

Bone tissue, Emalj, Ironbone all nerfed! This makes Metal Armors more competitive and makes farming them seem more worth it! Combined with more Nodes this is a VERY Good Change!

If you didn't farm steel because you thought bone tissue, emalj and ironbone were too good vs steel based on teh items statistics and now with the 2 defense point nerf it is "fine" or "competitive", you are delusional. There is still molarium basically same as Ironbone, incisium better than both and we will get high tier scales that going to be best in slot for weight so start writing your please nerf XYZ threads.

The problem of these bones is their availability not their stats. So few used emalj before you could get it from skinning. No one uses incisium because CBA to go to jgl.

The nerfs for these armors was pointless. Didn't change the core problem.

That being said. I like the sharpness and dura nerf on emalj. My preference. I feel a tooth should not be as good for sharpness or durability. On top of that it was just as good as other rarer bones/ teeth substances. Getting it in towns from pigs was teh problem though. Could have just made it less available. I guess SV wants players in towns to feel like they can progress a little before leaving town. Great now we have 2 useless materials for anyone playing the game more than a week instead of just 1.

I like the dura nerfs for armors, didnt think it was needed for weapons but it's whatever. Other materials will fit the same purpose that are just as easy to get or you manage with slightly less dura.

iron bone got nerfed cos it was better than molarium which is slightly rarer and "harder to get", almost no change still. Ironbone is still very good. With stamina changes - molarium is what iron bone was before. You might need 10 points more in heavy armor training. So you may now cry for molarium nerf. Nice.

The only remotely accurate reason why steel armors can be considered interesting is the stam changes. Not because ironbone lost 1-2.x defensive stats.

My prediction to this aspect is that it will make heavy armor better on clades and build that already used heavy armor and still unviable for builds that didn't use it anyway. So the change did nothing substantial. Maybe made Oghmirs even better. Buffed Cronite armor indirectly. I will still run around in ironbone / molarium with max a steel helmet and / or chest. NOTHING changed.

PS. Buff wood dura. Make it like what BT is to emalj. Each tier around 0.1 less weight and like 15 less dura. All woods tiers below BT asides from Ironwood. Make iron wood considerably better. It would be a best in slot material for most staves and spears. It requires 2 primaries that weapon crafters dont usually pick up and is hard to get compared to any other commonly used handle material. It should be rewarding to use this.

Please fix actual exploits that break PvP and PvE that we have reported 100 times directly to staff and on here over 4 months ago.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Over powered city Guards are dumb imo if you really want guards 2 shotting people in steel with unblockable attacks why not just make towns a no pvp zone. This is teh illusion of freedom / sandbox meant to protect pver's. Also guards need a clear leash to not leave / attack once a player leaves teh compound of a city. City combat can be super fun and there will be more lawless towns in teh future so i will just hang there. No need to balance around me. Just my opinion on the matter. Off to the facts:

There's no doubt that teleporting guards feels crap however, I've got a feeling this is a band aid fix ahead of the stresstest to resolve the AI/Pathfinding/Navmesh issues that they're still wrangling. Here's hoping they're able to resolve this sooner, rather than later.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I agree on this.
But they still have a lot of bugs to fix, and the weather system is still missing wich is actually in my opinion a core function because it adds immersion. xD
One bug they should fix is Horses running into invisible walls. Or getting trapped in the sky near the Crusher in Tindrem Lol xD

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
There's no doubt that teleporting guards feels crap however, I've got a feeling this is a band aid fix ahead of the stresstest to resolve the AI/Pathfinding/Navmesh issues that they're still wrangling. Here's hoping they're able to resolve this sooner, rather than later.
You guys probably never played Original Mo1 when the game first came out there was no guards but if you typed /guards they would teleport and attack a player. Everything guard related is a decade of trying to find the perfect fix. Guards were later introduced as we know them today to the game as roaming mobs with some stationary guards to try to keep players safe. It only takes 1 day to log into MO2 seeing help chat or seeing the forums and seeing how no one likes dying inside a bank or seeing a criminal hop on houses, where i the player has no recourse of action to defend or fight back, (Criminal Timer is 2 minutes when i die and spawn and get my items you are blue again.) as well as with the guards not fulfilling their primary function because said players are on houses or town snipping in areas where the guards aren't working. All of this info Should show you all that the majority of the player base doesn't support Town Sniping. Actually it's exploiting a weakness of game development and should be reportable or ban-able. In the final product of release none of you guys are going to be able to do this nonsense anyways because the development would have patched and fixed guard Ai. That is why guard teleporting is a great change, the game was never meant to be exploited, in a perfect Mortal Online2 the guards would have seen you attacking to begin with. Just like every other game. So in Hindsight what you guys are really arguing is that you want guards to remain broken rather then effective and that isn't good game development.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I like most of the changes but for some reason each patch leaves a bitter taste in my mouth . I feel SV wants a hard core game but makes the game less hardcore with each patch by listening to the people who cry the loudest. My impression.

If you didn't farm steel because you thought bone tissue, emalj and ironbone were too good vs steel based on teh items statistics and now with the 2 defense point nerf it is "fine" or "competitive", you are delusional. There is still molarium basically same as Ironbone, incisium better than both and we will get high tier scales that going to be best in slot for weight so start writing your please nerf XYZ threads.

The problem of these bones is their availability not their stats. So few used emalj before you could get it from skinning. No one uses incisium because CBA to go to jgl.

That being said. I like the sharpness and dura nerf on emalj. My preference. I feel a tooth should not be as good for sharpness or durability. On top of that it was just as good as other rarer bones/ teeth substances. Getting it in towns from pigs was teh problem though. Could have just made it less available. I guess SV wants players in towns to feel like they can progress a little before leaving town. Great now we have 2 useless materials for anyone playing the game more than a week instead of just 1.

I like the dura nerfs for armors, didnt think it was needed for weapons but it's whatever. Other materials will fit the same purpose that are just as easy to get or you manage with slightly less dura.

iron bone got nerfed cos it was better than molarium which is slightly rarer and "harder to get", almost no change still. Ironbone is still very good. With stamina changes - molarium is what iron bone was before. You might need 10 points more in heavy armor training. So you may now cry for molarium nerf. Nice.

The only remotely accurate reason why steel armors can be considered interesting is the stam changes. Not because ironbone lost 1-2.x defensive stats.

My prediction to this aspect is that it will make heavy armor better on clades and build that already used heavy armor and still unviable for builds that didn't use it anyway. So the change did nothing substantial. Maybe made Oghmirs even better. Buffed Cronite armor indirectly. I will still run around in ironbone / molarium with max a steel helmet and / or chest. NOTHING changed.

PS. Buff wood dura. Make it like what BT is to emalj. Each tier around 0.1 less weight and like 15 less dura. All woods tiers below BT asides from Ironwood. Make iron wood considerably better. It would be a best in slot material for most staves and spears. It requires 2 primaries that weapon crafters dont usually pick up and is hard to get compared to any other commonly used handle material. It should be rewarding to use this.

Please fix actual exploits that break PvP and PvE that we have reported 100 times directly to staff and on here over 4 months ago.
You guys probably never played Original Mo1 when the game first came out there was no guards but if you typed /guards they would teleport and attack a player. Everything guard related is a decade of trying to find the perfect fix. Guards were later introduced as we know them today to the game as roaming mobs with some stationary guards to try to keep players safe. It only takes 1 day to log into MO2 seeing help chat or seeing the forums and seeing how no one likes dying inside a bank or seeing a criminal hop on houses, where i the player has no recourse of action to defend or fight back, (Criminal Timer is 2 minutes when i die and spawn and get my items you are blue again.) as well as with the guards not fulfilling their primary function because said players are on houses or town snipping in areas where the guards aren't working. All of this info Should show you all that the majority of the player base doesn't support Town Sniping. Actually it's exploiting a weakness of game development and should be reportable or ban-able. In the final product of release none of you guys are going to be able to do this nonsense anyways because the development would have patched and fixed guard Ai. That is why guard teleporting is a great change, the game was never meant to be exploited, in a perfect Mortal Online2 the guards would have seen you attacking to begin with. Just like every other game. So in Hindsight what you guys are really arguing is that you want guards to remain broken rather then effective and that isn't good game development.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Well Rome wasn't built in a day either, nerfing bone related armors is 1 step in the right direction and will actually in-fact make more players farm more metal armors which is a core part of gameplay is their vast crafting system. As Far as Stamina goes, certain races are better in certain situations. Example Oghmirs can carry more armor, Alvarins can regen more Stamina and Thursars can ignore Stamina completely. So the game is attempting to balance around Clades and the Races in Mo2, without them we would just be Mo1 with Dex Alvarins and Khurite Dex Warriors Being the Meta.