So, a mining metal question?

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
So, why was/is MO/MO2 you don't just mine iron/gold/coper/silver ore & make ingots, why is it complicate? It is odd when we can kill a pig, get the skin & go make armor right away & gather water getting full bottles?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I believe part of SV's vision was for metallurgy to be a multi-step process that emulated to some degree real-life chemical reactions involved in smelting and refining ores into metals.

There is always flakestone if you don't want the hassle of smelting and refining. Just bring the rock piles to the crusher and voila, you have some flakestone.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Definitely am open for a more complicated extraction process from pickables, too. I like to get some corn oil.

Butchery is dumbed down, but I wish they could make it so that you could butcher both as 'autodrop' certain things as well as 'focus' certain mats. Again, more of a chance for depth. Even like choosing how to butcher something (various diff ways,) and giving different results.

Butchery is one of the main money gens in this game. Money from NPCs, a lot of the time, at the very base. Where as metal and other things are another sort of value as they do not generate vendor money, but are player materials. So, in a lot of ways butchery is just whee but we need to simulate it with stacks so you need to cart it back.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
A neat idea would be a empty world of civilization & the players built everything. I know how that can get abused though.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
So, why was/is MO/MO2 you don't just mine iron/gold/coper/silver ore & make ingots, why is it complicate? It is odd when we can kill a pig, get the skin & go make armor right away & gather water getting full bottles?

Because metal armour/weapons are much better than ones made from animal materials . Better material require more work.

Low grade materials=small effort required.
High grade materials=big effort required.