Small Change that Helps Balance Dex Builds

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The general build I'd say 90% of the playerbase are on is general high str, high con, heavy armor melee build. This build can be any clade but Alvarin (Alvarin damage bonus is too weak to be lumped in with other foot fighters even if you fully max size and str) but the shining example of it's current meta manifestation is the Ohgmir Crackpipe Tank. Nerfing Ohgs won't solve the problem. It will just shift the same general OP build to Thursars or Kallards or whatever comes next. Especially since more melee speed buffs are supposed to be on the way. Nerfing Ohg won't kill the FF meta.

I will grant, I'm not really lumping experimental builds and meganewbs into the playerbase. I'm talking people who understand the game well enough to make decent choices and are playing a build for it's strength in PvP. Of those, I think it's safe to say about 90% of people are some form of foot fighter, and that's after removing Veela skirmishers from the general foot fighter category.

My issue here is is the reason this build is OP is that we keep seeing melee buffs when it's already the strongest build, and nerfs to other roles. I'm in favor of buffing basically everything because basically everything but melee is weak and I think they will play better if they are brought up to the level of melee rather than melee brought down to theirs. But if they AREN'T buffed, I think foot fighters should get nerfed into the friggin ground.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
The general build I'd say 90% of the playerbase are on is general high str, high con, heavy armor melee build. This build can be any clade but Alvarin (Alvarin damage bonus is too weak to be lumped in with other foot fighters even if you fully max size and str) but the shining example of it's current meta manifestation is the Ohgmir Crackpipe Tank. Nerfing Ohgs won't solve the problem. It will just shift the same general OP build to Thursars or Kallards or whatever comes next. Especially since more melee speed buffs are supposed to be on the way. Nerfing Ohg won't kill the FF meta.

I will grant, I'm not really lumping experimental builds and meganewbs into the playerbase. I'm talking people who understand the game well enough to make decent choices and are playing a build for it's strength in PvP. Of those, I think it's safe to say about 90% of people are some form of foot fighter, and that's after removing Veela skirmishers from the general foot fighter category.

My issue here is is the reason this build is OP is that we keep seeing melee buffs when it's already the strongest build, and nerfs to other roles. I'm in favor of buffing basically everything because basically everything but melee is weak and I think they will play better if they are brought up to the level of melee rather than melee brought down to theirs. But if they AREN'T buffed, I think foot fighters should get nerfed into the friggin ground.
The reason that foot fighters are so strong right now is that SV messed it up so badly in the old game, by having mounted types, and magic pets be so strong that it virtually killed any fighting on the ground that wasn't within steps of a gate or guard zone. Now they are hesitant.
I expect we have many, many buffs incoming to mounteds and mages. Which is good if they get it right.
As for foot fighter balance, they have this mantra based on a mistaken idea, that speed is king. So they took away the roll that veelas played even though they were not op or the meta. For some reason they also short them on attributes so they can't even be good hybrids. These would be easy fixes if they wanted to.
Also , they took away the double tap jump and that changed everything for mages and hybrids. Which used to mostly be veelas. I doubt SV even knows how much of a difference that made in dumbing down combat. The way they implemented bandaging is another huge hit to playing a hybrid. I swear they just looked around at other games and said, that looks cool let's add that in without even thinking how it would affect and change their system.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Very fast stam regain by standing still.
But dont forget that the veela regains his stamina nearly in half the time of all other classes.
The "Stam regain while standing still" Alvarin clade gift gives a 10% bonus as far as I have tested. Which combined with the small stamina pool is not impressive at all.

Skinning gives all materials and 5%more. also 5% while butchery table.
I'ts 10%

Animals run away in a 20-30meter radius instead of 30-50.
I thought animals let Alvarin get closer before they start running away...

Reactions: Speznat