Skillcapped F2P

mschiffer

Mar 29, 2021
A suggestion I'd like to give comes from ideas taken from the "Plex" currency on EVE online for the concept of trade of subscriptions, but approaching within this medieval/rpg/sandbox genre as Wurm Online did, where you could get in and play until 20 skills max. This way you'd be able to get into the game and farm. Make some money with resources and buy the subscription from other players. For SV it wouldn't change much as they'd be paid the same way, but by a third person..

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
This is sort of what Mo1 did, it was a big mistake.

They should aim for the same way subbed games did it in the past. Have trial weekends etc, where people can play/test the game for free, have it limited to haven. If haven gets much more complete than now it'll for sure be enough to entice people into paying and playing the "full" experience.

Reactions: Rorry

mschiffer

Mar 29, 2021
Yea, I think it was F2P completelly once it went F2P. I didn't lasted long cuz I couldn't leave the city without being griefed lol

The suggestion I did aims more at people who would be willing to pay the subscription but cannot afford it. Dollar exchange is skyrocketing everywhere so countries that don't use dollar/euro/pounds is screwed..

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
That will bring a new problem to MO. Cheaters from third world countrys who can make more in mo than in their own country

Reactions: Avenoma

mschiffer

Mar 29, 2021
so Europeans doesn't cheat, they are all angels and golden babys brought by a rainbow?

Your prejudice doesn't make us cheaters.

mschiffer

Mar 29, 2021
it kind of is, as only the hardware and the internet connection to be able to connect and play properly in a game like this already filter off people as poor as he mentioned. Also consider that there are way 'safer' games to make money for this purpouse, as no one would bet their life-basics in a hardcore mmorpg full loot...