Size is an underpowered, double edged sword stat, and needs big buffs.

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
On paper size gives you an okay amount of dmg bonus and a small amount of HP and its nice. For 23 points, you get around 6% more dmg bonus and around 7 more HP (depending on your build, but its -+1 at most) It makes it around 0.25 dmg bonus and 0.33 Hp per point. Which sounds okayish, as I said, until you realize how bad it is having a larger hitbox in this game.

Current meta, for every guild in zerg fights is to focus the biggest characters down first, not because they deal more damage, but because they are so easy to kill due to their big hitbox and no towershield.

Think of it like this, Campodon is size of a house, and is much weaker because of that, if he was same tankiness but size of a lynx, he would be a nightmare to deal with, because 20 people cannot hit him at the same time. Same goes for Thursars/Kallards that were JUST buffed, but the buff does not matter because both mages and meeles flop them as they are too easy of a target.

Meta human fatmage is min size, meta Oghmir is min size, meta human dk is tind min size, size gives more negatives than benefits AND costs points. 3 days ago I fought a meta red min size Oghmir in a 1v1, I needed to hit him twice as many times to kill him and missed a few times, because every single hit was equipmemnt hit. If this effect is this potent in 1v1s and I talk to many people who share the experience of missing Oghmirs, more so than tall people even in 1v1s, you just need to be consciouss of it, you can imagine how potent it is in bigger fights.
In bigger fights, people, including short people can literally hit a Thursar OVER an Oghmir, making Thursar basically 7+v1 able in an instant, while Oghmir can get 4v1ed at most, it may look like to you as an Oghmir, that more people are hitting you, but if you are circling around one person with a towerwhield or hiding behind your team and just hold up, lefts and rights dont even hit you, and the only way to hit you is up or spear, you block up and rarely anyonr uses spear. Lefts and rights aimed high still hit Thursars if he blocks up, spears go over other characters to hit a Thursar from range. And he can get magebanged from distance very easily by just aiming a bit up, you cant team hit if you focus a Thursar.

You get the idea. For this reason, size needs HP buff to make up for the fact more people can easily hit you at once and you need a bigger heavier towershield which is not possible on a non Oghmir anyways. 0.33 hp per size point buff to 0.66 hp per size point. This wouldnt make Thursars and Kallards 300 HP and OP. But would be a nicez healthy change that buffs the obviously weakest stat in the game.

Now I will adress one and only common argument I heard against this - Veelas go max height for dmg bonus - answer - it would buff Veelas a tad bit which they need in teamfights, anywyas, because Oghmirs are so busted, but would also buff characters bigger than Veelas EVEN more because more size=more HP and Veelas are in the middle/on the shorter end of max height 162--184-----225.
This nerf/buff would mostly impact bigger fights where you actually get focused by a lot of people and need that survival. It wouldnt change the meta, as that needs direct nerf to OP things, or massive powercreep of other things, but it would be nice healthy change even meta Thursar build is min size wannabe Oghmir lmao.

Other important balance changes I discussed - nerf pipes, towershields, beer belly and tactician (for magic dmg only).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Imo they should have never allowed for such drastic size difference between races. A little bit of a difference is fine, but nothing so extreme. I get it that it looks cool to have big guys and small guys, but the advantage of being small is always always a huge bonus. A smaller hitbox is always better in any game where you have to aim to hit your target. A miss is 100% of damage avoided. Its a no brainer.

More hp, while helping somewhat, wont really fix the issue that you stick out like a sore thumb and anyone with pulse, both close and far, can target you. Its just bad game design.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Havent played in a while, but Size only affects dmg bonus and HP? Easy and realistic buff would be to give it an actual strength bonus, right? So you can get more armor weight, a better dmg bonus, a few primary points and we just keep the HP-bonus or adjust it if needed. The other thing is that the whole size-thing doesnt seem to work right. A 225cm Thursar standing besides a 158cm sheevra does look like a 100cm size difference at least.(is it perspective or am i right?!) Also a two handed sword looks like a goddang toothpick in the hands of a tall Thursar. I can hardly look at heavy armored thursars holding 2h-swords without laughing at how stupid it looks.

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Havent played in a while, but Size only affects dmg bonus and HP? Easy and realistic buff would be to give it an actual strength bonus, right? So you can get more armor weight, a better dmg bonus, a few primary points and we just keep the HP-bonus or adjust it if needed. The other thing is that the whole size-thing doesnt seem to work right. A 225cm Thursar standing besides a 158cm sheevra does look like a 100cm size difference at least.(is it perspective or am i right?!) Also a two handed sword looks like a goddang toothpick in the hands of a tall Thursar. I can hardly look at heavy armored thursars holding 2h-swords without laughing at how stupid it looks.
I think HP is the most important change, then str. But sure id agree with your buff too, end of the day its just a bad stat and yes, I agree, Sheevra looks 10x smaller than a Thursar Kallard. Weight is funny af too. A stout Thursar is 150kg and looks like 300kg, and then you get obese min height mage that looks 120-130 kg at most and hes 190kg. But yeah, buff height. It sucks.

Reactions: Rahz

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Imo they should have never allowed for such drastic size difference between races. A little bit of a difference is fine, but nothing so extreme. I get it that it looks cool to have big guys and small guys, but the advantage of being small is always always a huge bonus. A smaller hitbox is always better in any game where you have to aim to hit your target. A miss is 100% of damage avoided. Its a no brainer.

More hp, while helping somewhat, wont really fix the issue that you stick out like a sore thumb and anyone with pulse, both close and far, can target you. Its just bad game design.
HP would help massively, and enough of it would make it a balanced trade. Its not bad design in my opinion, just simply too little benefits for a stat with a negative. Kinda like styg.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
I think HP is the most important change, then str. But sure id agree with your buff too, end of the day its just a bad stat and yes, I agree, Sheevra looks 10x smaller than a Thursar Kallard. Weight is funny af too. A stout Thursar is 150kg and looks like 300kg, and then you get obese min height mage that looks 120-130 kg at most and hes 190kg. But yeah, buff height. It sucks.
The thing with the HP was, I actually wasnt sure what stats affect HP. Its only con and the miniscule effect of height? Id just streamline it and tie it more to weight. So I agree a 150kg Thursar should realistically have a LOT more HP then a tiny character. Im just hesitant to agree with making anyone more tanky. My Sheevra Hybrid dying after hitting him with a top-tier weapon a few times is the only thing in this games combat, that feels "right" imo. Footies having to fight for 5 minutes even if their opponent isnt all that skilled is a problem. You should be able to slay your opponent and ride off before reinforcements arrive.