Server dead

Dunnmer

May 8, 2024
Hello
Where is to check some kinda of announcment about tech.works or smth?

Trying to login more than an hour and just silence

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Hello
Where is to check some kinda of announcment about tech.works or smth?

Trying to login more than an hour and just silence
On Wednesday there is a weekly server reset. We are in the middle of one at this time. These updates our posted in our discord server.

https://discord.gg/mortalonline (unsure if the link will work)

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
Server is pretty dead, your right. Many said this would happen after subs, because those with many accounts have to juggle them and most don't bother.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
On Wednesday there is a weekly server reset. We are in the middle of one at this time. These updates our posted in our discord server.

https://discord.gg/mortalonline (unsure if the link will work)
Robmo, just FYI if you haven't played one yet, but professional MMO developers tend to put their server status and any updates into their launchers and don't rely on discord alone as a crutch for their incompetence.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Xunila

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Robmo, just FYI if you haven't played one yet, but professional MMO developers tend to put their server status and any updates into their launchers and don't rely on discord alone as a crutch for their incompetence.

Just a thought.
Discord is not optimal. This just hasn't been the teams priority, they are working on the game, not a widget for the website, however, it would be nice to have. I will see if I can get it moved forward.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Discord is not optimal. This just hasn't been the teams priority, they are working on the game, not a widget for the website, however, it would be nice to have. I will see if I can get it moved forward.
I'm amazed you actually need to push this idea, the launcher is more than a "widget for the website", it's the primary entry point for consumers into your product and should be the main page where users can be informed about the game. It's also been a kind of industry standard for the past decade at least.

Now it makes sense why the game, outside the graphics, looks like it's from 20 years ago in it's systems.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If I recall correctly, the old MO1 launcher was a perfect example of what MO2 could use. It had the news for the game, server status, and links to the game's social media and website.

Perhaps it just needs to be reworked to show MO2 news and server status. I'm sure some of the MO1 vets would be happy to see it return.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If I recall correctly, the old MO1 launcher was a perfect example of what MO2 could use. It had the news for the game, server status, and links to the game's social media and website.

Perhaps it just needs to be reworked to show MO2 news and server status. I'm sure some of the MO1 vets would be happy to see it return.

it's amazing all the stuff Mo had. Not to derail, but the database to search people, leaderboards, etc. There are just 1000 little things that make MO2 less unique.

But yea, having status on a launcher is kinda standard.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
it's amazing all the stuff Mo had. Not to derail, but the database to search people, leaderboards, etc. There are just 1000 little things that make MO2 less unique.

But yea, having status on a launcher is kinda standard.
MO1 right now definitely has more features than MO2, I suppose it's a matter of time for the latter to catch up. I also think that MO2 is aiming to be its own game, which may be the reason why MO1 is still running, howbeit on maintenance mode. Though I hope that in time all the things we loved about MO1 will make it into MO2.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Though I hope that in time all the things we loved about MO1 will make it into MO2.

I agree with that, and yeah I'm not letting the 'being its own game' fool me. It def already is, but lacking those features is a big deal. They are core things. The leaderboards were really cool even tho it was a tiny community. It was cool to search like... someone ganked me, who is that guy??

But yea, from a direction standpoint, it's definitely different. But since MO was by all estimates a smaller, less funded game, it's amazing that it had way more 'stuff.' All of those things matter. People using MOmap and making markers (which they still do, sort of, not nearly as much,) leaderboards, etc. It all makes the game more interesting.

I wonder if it will make it to MO2, but yeah, on the Eve of Full Release, I felt everything was coming, too.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Just some clarity on my previous comment as there have been some confusion. Functions such as leaderboards, or a server status widget is a man power issue and priority. We are a small team, our programmers are tasked on working on the game directly. Unless I am mistaken, Sebastian, our lead programmer, is the one who works on most programming tasks that are related outside the game (widgets, website, etc).

StarVault is not "choosing" to not have these things, Starvault is focusing their priorities on the game currently. So even features, QoL, etc that seem easy to do to the consumer, takes time, sometimes alot of time. That time is being spent on the game currently.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Just some clarity on my previous comment as there have been some confusion. Functions such as leaderboards, or a server status widget is a man power issue and priority. We are a small team, our programmers are tasked on working on the game directly. Unless I am mistaken, Sebastian, our lead programmer, is the one who works on most programming tasks that are related outside the game (widgets, website, etc).

StarVault is not "choosing" to not have these things, Starvault is focusing their priorities on the game currently. So even features, QoL, etc that seem easy to do to the consumer, takes time, sometimes alot of time. That time is being spent on the game currently.
Sebastian sure works on a lot of stuff.

Hopefully he doesn't get hit by a bus when crossing the street.

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
Problem is universally Devs in any game tend to be young, so they assume everyone spends all their day on discord and twitch, while watching anime videos.

Being Xennial (between X and Millennial) myself I refuse to use twitch and only use discord when server is down for a game I'm playing. Even then I can only spend 10 min on there before all the meme pictures make me depressed and lose faith in humanity.

The fact this forum is very quiet compared to discord just proves that everyone is being forced towards it.