Remove Worn Short Sword (add a replacement system)

Remove worn short swords

• Yes and add the rusty weapon system

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Yes but no new system

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • results

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like worn shortsword pet killing in town worked. But you could also do a better job using a cheap animal mat weapon, which was needed if they weren't afk. Me and my friend could kill a horse at the tind bank and then I'd tab into my alt and loot us before anyone else like 75% of the time. I also did a ton of random quests with the worn shortsword. Ghosting to the middle of nowhere and killing mobs with the worn short to get lores for taming. Etc. Having 0 weapon at all and not being able to craft in the wild just adds as many issues as removing's the worn short fixes.

lol in 1 I went afk and dude kept ressing and going in on my horse until he finally got it w/ wss. They def need more crafting stuff. I mean they made those camps, why can't they put little unguarded camps w/ a table or two + storage.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
lol in 1 I went afk and dude kept ressing and going in on my horse until he finally got it w/ wss. They def need more crafting stuff. I mean they made those camps, why can't they put little unguarded camps w/ a table or two + storage.
Or even better, add the ability to craft without a workbench. That would be a sandbox game mechanic tho and this game definitely isnt a sandbox game.

Reactions: Tzone

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Or even better, add the ability to craft without a workbench. That would be a sandbox game mechanic tho and this game definitely isnt a sandbox game.

Yeah it's interesting, but it makes you wonder what you would be crafting. I played LiF and all. Yo you had to like heat up an oven to do metal and stuff, it was pretty wild. But their just on the ground crafting, you could make some stone age stuff.

Def agree that it could happen, but like I said a lot of stuff it seems like it's hard to imagine crafting off the ground. Stuff that might have 1% worth I mean. I'd take forever to whittle a sword or make one of out bone.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah it's interesting, but it makes you wonder what you would be crafting. I played LiF and all. Yo you had to like heat up an oven to do metal and stuff, it was pretty wild. But their just on the ground crafting, you could make some stone age stuff.

Def agree that it could happen, but like I said a lot of stuff it seems like it's hard to imagine crafting off the ground. Stuff that might have 1% worth I mean. I'd take forever to whittle a sword or make one of out bone.
Like I get needing good tools to turn a rock into metal and make a sword with it. but like making a spear out of bone and teeth, you really shouldnt need a town work bench lol.

And while I'm talking about the dumb crafting system, you shouldnt have to have a leather/textile handle. Dumbest change from MO1 to 2. like wtf lol.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like I get needing good tools to turn a rock into metal and make a sword with it. but like making a spear out of bone and teeth, you really shouldnt need a town work bench lol.

And while I'm talking about the dumb crafting system, you shouldnt have to have a leather/textile handle. Dumbest change from MO1 to 2. like wtf lol.

yea that + the wt 'normalization.' The durability revolution.

I think they should keep benches just cuz that's how the game is designed, but maybe they could make low tier benches like wilderness benches? I try to think of things thru the lens of what is already there. Should be easy to add in.

Like the whole "I died, I'm naked, where can I go?!" thing is def an issue. It's still an issue if you have a WSS, but if you are like at jungle camp you can parry, you can poke people. They are grey and you are blue so you can just keep fighting them.

A lot of this could be fixed by just letting everyone into town. Like I said it will create all sorts of fun to have the biggest murderers come into town and stand by you. Nobody should be banned from town. You shouldn't be forced to go wayyy away to res. Worst case is like not being able to res @ town priest if you are griefing the town, imo.

That being said yea places like dungis shouldn't have priests cuz if you lose in there, you should have to go back from afar. THAT should be an inconvenience! Not dying in pvp.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
I like it but i'd replace shortwords with a basic wilderness crafting mechanic. Gathering certain materials could give the possibility to craft a shitty weapon, perhaps under the idea of a wilderness restart.
Not intended for a griefing tool but intended as a basic survival tool.

I thought about this in terms of taking some pressure off towns opening a windows for wilderness resets. Opening the playfield for more than just dead travelling time to houses or towns.
And to be honest, there should be even more wilderness crafteables, such as primitive horsebags, campfires and other basic survival tools.

I understand the bound shorty is a strong griefing tool and by removing it something better should be placed instead, not intended as a griefing tool but as a surviving one thats preferibly involved in a pve rather than pvp scene.

Also, didn't vote cuz theres no option for another system. Rusty sword is not bad and it would serve it's purpose but i rather see something pve related placed instead, just to encourage other playfields.
Like minecraft!