Regarding the Recent Ban Wave for Exploits

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The game has been scuffed from launch day and every major patch has had some farming exploit or over tuned loot drop rates. The game really needed a solid 12 - 18 months more in the oven. There's been so much issues with the game that somehow the economy is worse than the first months after MO1 Sarducca release, and people were literally getting 1000s of gold out of single chests for weeks during this time. Some how MO2 has surpassed that.

TC and Epic release should be tied to the same patch, with a partial wipe - As in all wealth and items gone, only thing that remains is character progression, so people don't have to grind up again.

back in reality (sadface)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Also Albanjo, not trying to be salty, just being 100% real. I feel like during all that anti-ID shit that a lot of people got duped (as I said before) then dropped off. They wanted more access later + they lad personal vendettas against ID, however, which was better? What's actually happening in Hyl is that: two groups that have contested the troll since hmm a couple months ago are fighting, fighting by proxy, allying up. It's actually ultimately about GK keep, I think. I don't support who they think is gonna get GK keep so I'm trying to peace the two groups so we can fight as citizens. Even tho hyl is gonna get destroyed soon enough, we can rebuild! Or not, but I mean, I'd rather do that than kiss the ring. I feel like HERJ was kinda that guild that got played out. Big, successful guild, but they kinda got used. I don't wanna see people get used, and I refuse to let KARNI get that keep. Well, as if I have power, but I'm not voting for them! I dunno who their forum rep is anymore w/ Shmerrick gone.

But now that they are fighting, people are able to PK and do other stuff. Seen the troll actually sitting cuz wars. I told some untags to do it haha. Like welp go ahead nobody else is here. I don't mind people PKing, but the idea of being a townie is to protect your townies, you know? More or less, if they can be dealt with haha. I feel like all that Hyll stuff can be good content even later on, but throwing it away to get on Karni's good side and help them get a keep that's nobueno, and I'll take the house knock down that comes w/ saying that haha.
Herj wans't used" on that server war, we willingly joined a side because we wanted to be part of that conflict, in big part because quite a few members of herj had been DEUS (a proper meatshield ID alliance guild) with an Aralis reluctant to support that betrayed headless group that not long after became part of HERJ and soon the opportunity to fight against the ID regime we were against.

The animosity you refer to ID didn't came free of guilt. ID had built that political reputation and that was the reason when VH sieged HERJ's demon keep we could gather on our side the entire southern coalition who had also been target of ID's model of territory expansion and threats, typical "if you don't join our alliance you are our enemy" when the south had a clear neutral policy.

I get what you mean, i don't think any guild hasn't been used" (better yet, been part of) in the big macro schemes, players gets affected by regional or global conflict and thats the beauty of it. Some groups had it harder than others, but the dispute about dominace ultimately ends up on someone getting displaced and further discrepancies surely emerge, It's the organic nature of the players social configurations.

Sounds like a nice dispute over there lol allways an interesting place to be at.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
So if we get the server wipe so many people want, what happens when the next patch adds an exploits that gets abused for 3 months? Game is screwed no matter what lmao.

Reactions: Xunila

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
So if we get the server wipe so many people want, what happens when the next patch adds an exploits that gets abused for 3 months? Game is screwed no matter what lmao.
If content was to be tested in a public server before release there would be a wider spectrum of feedback to sort during whatever amount of time, to ultimately deliver something thats been somewhat tested properly. That would change so many things, i believe half the time or more between parches Is debugging and adjusting the last patch, setting a proper testing would clearly be an intelligent use of the resources, dev and players time.

When content Is not tested, they end up spending massive resources on fixing broken shit that should be fine in the first place

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If content was to be tested in a public server before release there would be a wider spectrum of feedback to sort during whatever amount of time, to ultimately deliver something thats been somewhat tested properly. That would change so many things, i believe half the time or more between parches Is debugging and adjusting the last patch, setting a proper testing would clearly be an intelligent use of the resources, dev and players time.

When content Is not tested, they end up spending massive resources on fixing broken shit that should be fine in the first place
I agee, this would help. But its not uncommon for people to discover some super obscure exploit, dupe etc later on. And then the game would still be screwed. It would just happen less often. because some of these things are just no brainers and never should have been in to begin with lol.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I rerolled last night, saw 10 players in 5 mins, in Haven, WTF man, are the banned players comming back?

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I rerolled last night, saw 10 players in 5 mins, in Haven, WTF man, are the banned players comming back?

SV likes to throw the game on sale after they shit the bed haha. They also squish people into the same instance. Try going to the change instance and typing in random numbers until you get something.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
SV likes to throw the game on sale after they shit the bed haha. They also squish people into the same instance. Try going to the change instance and typing in random numbers until you get something.
Haven is for babys, 2 clades and I'm out