Potions Potions Potions Where they at doe?

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
For those who do not know. Alchemy takes 800-1000 points currently, This is for the most common and needed lore's to make the only potions available in the game currently. (Direct healing, Healing over time, Weight loss/gain, Age loss/gain and Poisons (That you can not do anything with right now)). This is not counting Alchemical Dissolvents, and Alchemy Contraptions. (Thaumator Operation, I believe this will play a huge part in achieving Alchemy throwable potions, For all the special effects. Such as Fire bombs, exploding bombs, smoke clouds, and poison clouds.)

So what I am getting at, is this is one of the only 2 profession that takes full 1200 profession points to do it all. (Refining is the other) Other Professions can as well, but you can piggy back off the other professions, Like butchery can also do weapon and armor, Armor crafting can also do weapon and so on. You are also not required to use all 1200 points to do your chosen profession effectively. I guess you can argue to have someone refine your herbs and stuff, But you still need Botany to make quality potions, So you might as well spend the simple 100 points to refine them your self.

So Where are all the mfin potions at?
I want to see:
Magic resist (Coming soon)
Some type of stone skin potion, for physical resistance.
Feather fall, So you can jump off a huge cliff and live. Or perhaps if this is op, You can make it "skill based" so its like you have to time the fall perfectly and drink the potion within .5 sec of making contact to the ground or something.
All the Fire bombs, exploding bombs, smoke clouds, and poison clouds.
Stamina and mana regen potions.
Stamina and mana reduction potions.
Run speed, potions.
Jump height potions.
Literally everything.

Alchemy is A form of magic in its self, There is nothing more that I want (Besides thievery Maybe! Depends on how they do it) then to be able to just play an alchemist, and be able to bring a certain play style of support, DPS, and run away champ with alchemy. Dont even say this is stupid, Because there is going to be a "Bard Magic School" How tf is a lute going to do more then 1200 points in alchemy.

The crazy stuff:
I want to drink a potion and be able to turn into a animal, for like 5min.
I want to be able to drink a potions and be transparent.

Potions to give attribute buffs. (Tempory more Stg, Con, Int, Psy, Dex.)
Potions to give Skill buffs. This would allow better and unique crafting for people that want to truly make one of a kind weapons and armor. (It would temporarily increase you skill past 100, to 125, 150, 200 based on the quality of potions. For crafting, and You can drink one for alchemy and make stronger and stronger potions to push the limits of your craft. So If If a alchemist drinks a potion that is +100 alchemy. and they discovered the recipe, and have the skills they can make even stronger potions for a set amount of time. To push the skills, up even more. But they are not stackable. (This sounds crazy op but that would be lit as fk imo.)

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Yep, the lamest rewards for a really difficult and time-consuming profession. This is why many people don't even bother to attempt learning it, because why would you for just health pots basically.

Reactions: 2Op4Scrubs

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yep, the lamest rewards for a really difficult and time-consuming profession. This is why many people don't even bother to attempt learning it, because why would you for just health pots basically.

imagine food. People know if you pot and scrape a W you lost, but you can stand around knowing you potted. Boo pots. Fight for keeps w/ them.

SV def raw dogged crafting though. In 10 years, you'd think they could come up with a really cool, maybe even interactive crafting profession. I am a crafter at heart and I'm forced to be a MOlamer and do the same shit most everyone else does because there is no system with which I can separate myself other than broker in/out.

It's HARD. The game is so bare in that regard, and instead of adding dungeons they should add some real crafting content. Mats are not crafting. Fleshed crafting is. Making food matter. Making potions about more than gathering select mats. The reason cooking was cook in the beginning was because there were so many different ways to do things. There need to be things like that with alchemy as well.

THEN, they need to ADD WAY MORE PICKABLES TO THE GAME. It's a disgrace how few pickables there are in the game. DIS GRACE FUL.

Anything that needs base salvia/ is a nogo for me, tho.