Points from reading books

Olyvur

Mar 2, 2023
I get that intellect is supposed to affect the speed at which I read books. However, is it also intended to decrease the number of skill points I receive in the subject as well? I have a low intellect Oghmir character, and for books that state they will level a skill passively to 70, I finish reading with the skill leveled somewhere in the mid-40s. It just doesn't feel right to be penalized by low intellect for speed and levels when reading.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
it should level to 70 base + the free points you get from yout stats. What book was you reading ? Concentration have 3 books and the only other book that stoped at 50 seems shield crafting. All other books should read to 70.

Olyvur

Mar 2, 2023
It seems to happen with crafting and material lore books. The three I remember for sure are soft & laminated armor books, and cuprum lore. However, there have been others. My int was ~35 at the time I read the soft armor book, and ~14 for the laminated. Both stopped with their respective skills around 45 IIRC.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It seems to happen with crafting and material lore books. The three I remember for sure are soft & laminated armor books, and cuprum lore. However, there have been others. My int was ~35 at the time I read the soft armor book, and ~14 for the laminated. Both stopped with their respective skills around 45 IIRC.
Did not read anything in the patchnotes about such a change but my lether will now sell better.

daemer

Oct 11, 2022
Its really interesting. I did not know such info about points get of reading books