player capture, slavery and confinement. (prisons)

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

I recently heard someone in discord talk to me about whether it would be interesting or not, that the game would implement the possibility that players could not only be killed in combat, but also captured.

Personally it is an idea that I do not dislike.
It would allow new concepts such as kidnapping, torture and even slavery to be developed at stake.

I think those concepts fit with Myrland's wild personality and would add a lot of depth to the conflicts as well.

Guilds could capture prominent members of other guilds and ask for ransoms for them, or lock them in some kind of prison or cage that players should be able to possess in their castles.
They could also enslave them for a time, whether it be working in mines or cutting down trees, or whatever else the game's mechanics would allow.

I have been thinking about this concept for days, although I am still not sure how it could be implemented.
The subject of the captures and the possibility of locking up players in prison seems interesting and feasible to me.

I think the idea of enslaving them with a time limit or torturing them would be more difficult, although I saw it in some other games.

While it's not a big deal right now for the game, I think it would be interesting, it would add depth and give players more options.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Wouldn't this just drive players out of the game if they are logging in, can't move for days or weeks, logout or even delete the character? Or suicide and port to next shrine?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Mm I think for it to work there should be a maximum time that a player can be locked up after which they could commit suicide or die from lack of food.

Another option would be to enable techniques so that players could escape using picks or something like that.