Pets suggestions

Largonaute

May 23, 2021
France
Hello,
The progression of pets is random.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I think that at certain times animal care is working and not at others.
I have often had to give up my pets and tame it again to make it progress (without being sure that it will work)

My suggestions :

1 / Progress bar.
I would like to have a pet level progress bar (from 0 to 100% for example). We could see if it's bugged quickly without having to wait several long minutes (even more than an hour) before realizing it.
In case of disconnection, logout, pet that disappears, it seems to me that the progress started is lost.

2 / Maximum level
I would also like to be able to indicate the maximum progression desired. If i tame a level 20 horse, I would like it to progress to level 45 and therefore be able to block this level from the start.
Sometimes I locked the pet at the level I wanted but it kept improving.

3 / Stables
It would be logical that in the stables the pets regain life. Outdoors they regenerate 1 hp per minute, in the stables they recover nothing.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
In MO1 it used to be that the pet would not level up exceeding the Pet Points of the owner. Now even that is broken. And yes, I had pets that would level up even when locked. Beast Mastery still does not work. I have not tested myself but I heard from others that Animal Care does not work as well.

I guess... pets still need (a lot) more work ?

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
In MO1 it used to be that the pet would not level up exceeding the Pet Points of the owner. Now even that is broken. And yes, I had pets that would level up even when locked. Beast Mastery still does not work. I have not tested myself but I heard from others that Animal Care does not work as well.

I guess... pets still need (a lot) more work ?
This was never a thing.. ? Pets could very easily level up and not be controlled by you anymore in MO1. They would level up if you didn't lock it and exceed your points (assuming they COULD anyway, looking at you high level bears..)

Hello,
The progression of pets is random.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I think that at certain times animal care is working and not at others.
I have often had to give up my pets and tame it again to make it progress (without being sure that it will work)

My suggestions :

1 / Progress bar.
I would like to have a pet level progress bar (from 0 to 100% for example). We could see if it's bugged quickly without having to wait several long minutes (even more than an hour) before realizing it.
In case of disconnection, logout, pet that disappears, it seems to me that the progress started is lost.

2 / Maximum level
I would also like to be able to indicate the maximum progression desired. If i tame a level 20 horse, I would like it to progress to level 45 and therefore be able to block this level from the start.
Sometimes I locked the pet at the level I wanted but it kept improving.

3 / Stables
It would be logical that in the stables the pets regain life. Outdoors they regenerate 1 hp per minute, in the stables they recover nothing.
I like your suggestions! Something to keep in mind that the pet system and taming is all placeholder right now, bare bones. They say they will be updating it a massive amount in the future, before persistence.

A progress bar for the pet level would feel really nice, and keeping progress through log outs would be cool too. I like the idea of setting a hard limit on your pets level too, because it is always tragic when a pet goes just ONE level over what you can control/what you want.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
This was never a thing.. ? Pets could very easily level up and not be controlled by you anymore in MO1. They would level up if you didn't lock it and exceed your points (assuming they COULD anyway, looking at you high level bears..)

I leveled up a horde of pets in MO1 and I can assure you they stopped leveling before you didnt have the PP to control them.

Largonaute

May 23, 2021
France
I think I found where a stuck level bug came from but the pets continues to progress.
It happened when the pet went away.
If it disappears while it is set Level Up, it returns to level close and it continues to progress.
After that, we no longer know where we are.
So when I lose a pet, I logout / login.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I leveled up a horde of pets in MO1 and I can assure you they stopped leveling before you didnt have the PP to control them.
It must have been a change made during the very end of the game.... I overleveled pets dozens of times.

Largonaute

May 23, 2021
France
Pets level up need to be fixed.
It makes no sense.
Just after taming it's ok but if you want to level up your pets later it takes a lot longer.

Reactions: Nefnate

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Pets level up need to be fixed.
It makes no sense.
Just after taming it's ok but if you want to level up your pets later it takes a lot longer.
I am assuming you are referring to the 1h per level when you park them. Yes, that is way too long. But you do have more options: when attacking pets level up every 15 mins. So just attack the training dummies. Also, Animal Care used to halve the timer in MO1 and I guess it will do the same in MO2, when it will work.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
It must have been a change made during the very end of the game.... I overleveled pets dozens of times.
I also over-leveled many pets, they never stopped when they hit the pet point cap.

Henrik has said they're looking into adding an experience bar for pets.

Reactions: Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I also over-leveled many pets, they never stopped when they hit the pet point cap.

Henrik has said they're looking into adding an experience bar for pets.
I'm glad, an EXP bar would be a really nice addition.

I am thinking, between EZgold and our different experiences.. perhaps Animal Care added in the block? If you had AC your pets wouldn't over level? I wouldn't know because I never used it.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
I did have Animal Care most of the times. And 100 PP. So multiple lower pets (horses, jungle lyks) did stop lvling. Also the Stone Lizard stopped at lvl 102, Guardian Minotaur at lvl 109, Red Megnaton Soldier at lvl 85, Red Akrep at lvl 109, etc.
Maybe there was a check that only stopped leveling past 100 pp. If the same check was not there for under 100 pp I could not observe that and I find it an overlook on the part of the developers.