Pet Griefing.

Christian C

Feb 10, 2022
Idea: Make pets downable. It would only die if you die or run out of range of the downed pet. During the time the pet is downed it would passively heal to 25% of its health and then stand up on its own. This would help prevent people from grief killing your pet and riding off, the longer they stick around trying to keep your pet downed then the higher risk they take of getting their horse downed and turning it into a 1v1.

This would have some foreseeable issues such as pets that can attack getting up and joining back in the fight. If that is the main issue then maybe only mountable pets that don't attack?

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
This probably requires much more refinement (how to loot a non-dead pet, what about when you are fighting a large mounted group and target their horses, but they revive again and again, etc.), but a good direction of thought in my opinion. Dead horse in the middle of nowhere is not fun.

Reactions: Christian C

Christian C

Feb 10, 2022
This probably requires much more refinement (how to loot a non-dead pet, what about when you are fighting a large mounted group and target their horses, but they revive again and again, etc.), but a good direction of thought in my opinion. Dead horse in the middle of nowhere is not fun.

I hear you and I agree, its only a start of an idea. I'd say if the pet is downed make it lootable. If the revive is an issue, make the healing to 25% take longer. The person who has the downed pet would have to protect it to keep it from getting looted.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
yeah i feel it a bit of a chore to maintain pets especially with limited stables spaces, the idea of down pets being lootable but not killable unless tamer gets to far away from there minion is a good way to go (Or allow animals to be ressurectable by people but lootable while downed)

Christian C

Feb 10, 2022
yeah i feel it a bit of a chore to maintain pets especially with limited stables spaces, the idea of down pets being lootable but not killable unless tamer gets to far away from there minion is a good way to go (Or allow animals to be ressurectable by people but lootable while downed)
Just to clarify, they would be killable if they are downed and the owner dies too. If the pet isn't downed and the owner dies then it would stay the same as it is now. If your loyalty is to low you could still lose it or if they decide to kill it while your gone.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'll say the exact same thing I said in the thread about pet bonding(UO pet resurrection mechanic).

Once AI(which includes pets) have more limits on them preventing them from being fire and forget torpedoes
Then they can start considering quality of life mechanics for pet playstyles. Right now pets are easy to get, easy to use and the only challenge to leveling one up into a IWIN button is not forgetting to feed it every hour or so until it reaches max level.

There are plenty of things the AI need before they can slack the leash on pet users.
Beast mastery, Beast influence and AI having stamina and other limitations are some of them.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Just to clarify, they would be killable if they are downed and the owner dies too. If the pet isn't downed and the owner dies then it would stay the same as it is now. If your loyalty is to low you could still lose it or if they decide to kill it while your gone.
yeah it just to stop people killing ur pet and runnig off like an asshole or there gonna die and they kill ur pet out of spite and so on before dieing. Your also in a very vunerable spot as a tamer if ur pet dies so doing 2 fight before u can tame another pet its basicly garanteed death since ur pet is most likely gonna die in the first fight

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
yeah it just to stop people killing ur pet and runnig off like an asshole or there gonna die and they kill ur pet out of spite and so on before dieing. Your also in a very vunerable spot as a tamer if ur pet dies so doing 2 fight before u can tame another pet its basicly garanteed death since ur pet is most likely gonna die in the first fight
Well if you roll up on me with a gank squad thinking you're super good at pvp im gonna make you walk back to the bank with my loot.

Reactions: Philthie