PC specs

Fbran

Dec 16, 2021
Hey guys,

I have an i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz and a NVIDEA 1080TI, but this game runs with rly low fps, specially in big fights or cities.

What do you think i should upgrade first? the CPU or the GPU?

I really suck when it comes to pc components and dont know whats bottlenecking my fps

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Like all UE4 games, most will see benefits from a CPU upgrade, unless you're upgrading your GPU which is from like 5+ generations back lol Which in this case, you're not. A 1080Ti is still very good for 1080p gaming, and in some instances 1440p gaming. Your CPU will be the bottleneck.

UE4 is very single core/thread reliant, as the game logic is typically loaded into a single thread meaning for optimal performance, you need a CPU with strong single core/thread performance and high clock speeds. Since MO2 is on UE4 and there's a lot of stuff going on the CPU side, you should see a more stable performance from a CPU upgrade.

If you have 8GB RAM, I would also suggest upgrading to 16GB, since that is the new standard these days. 8GB RAM is overloaded fast and a lot gets offloaded into page file.

Reactions: Fbran

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The game does have multi-threaded rendering and distant character optimisation options in the settings which may help out if you're on older hardware.

Speaking for myself at least, I run 4 core 8 thread CPU and so far it has worked very well. Your results may vary and there are no guarantees, of course.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What's 'really low?' to me really low is like sub 40, are you talking about like 10? If your cpu is not good enough yea that's a big deal. But the way MO is set up, I don't think many people who aren't super enthusiast grade (as well as prolly dealing w/ dips anyway just for the eye candy) that are gonna run this game at high res high settings.

I have a 3700x which, if benches are to be believed, is pretty close to yours, and I have 0 problems running the game. Just not running it at high res haha. I can run at 1440 w/ dips. I can do 4k with hitches. But I play on 1080. It doesn't look great, but in MO you have to decide if you want the game to look good or if you want to not lag. That's a decision everyone except people with the newest toys will make (and even then I question if anyone is running 4k 60fps constant), and yea 8gb ram is prol not enough.

I would just lower settings, even other games have siege settings. MO is like "always siege" level. I would lower to where you are always above 60. Like I've said I do 1080 med, lo aa, and I ain't mad. 4k 50/60% res looks beautiful and runs pretty well, but it's not where I'd wanna be fighting.

It's not the most reliable, but I don't think I've ever pushed my gpu or cpu to 100% in MO2, regardless of settings. But I've not played 4k cinematic DLSS HI. Cuz I feel like my cpu would just explode. MO is a very resource intensive game. It does have to do with optimization but the whole one world thing I think also affects it.

Fbran

Dec 16, 2021
Like all UE4 games, most will see benefits from a CPU upgrade, unless you're upgrading your GPU which is from like 5+ generations back lol Which in this case, you're not. A 1080Ti is still very good for 1080p gaming, and in some instances 1440p gaming. Your CPU will be the bottleneck.

UE4 is very single core/thread reliant, as the game logic is typically loaded into a single thread meaning for optimal performance, you need a CPU with strong single core/thread performance and high clock speeds. Since MO2 is on UE4 and there's a lot of stuff going on the CPU side, you should see a more stable performance from a CPU upgrade.

If you have 8GB RAM, I would also suggest upgrading to 16GB, since that is the new standard these days. 8GB RAM is overloaded fast and a lot gets offloaded into page file.

I usually play it on 1440p, gonna try to lower it to 1080p.

Do you have any cpu sugestions?

i currently have 32gb ram

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I usually play it on 1440p, gonna try to lower it to 1080p.

Do you have any cpu sugestions?

i currently have 32gb ram
The good thing is the CPU market is quite saturated and even 3 generations back are still very good by todays standards and are relatively cheap, along with their motherboards, depending on socket.

Intel CPU's : 9700K, 9900K, 10600K, 10700K, 10900K, 11600K
If you're looking to save some money, you can get the KF versions which have no iGPU. I'd avoid the 12XXX intel series, unless you have the money to splash out for latest CPU's and motherboards.

AMD CPU's : Ryzen 5 5600X, Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 7 3800X, Ryzen 7 3800XT, Ryzen 7 5800, Ryzen 7 5800X
They're not as powerful in single core performance, and lack in overclocking to maximize clock speeds, but are still very decent and have the pro's of lower power usage, generally lower pricing and a lot of them come with a free CPU cooler.