Patch/Hot fix feedback

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
* Troll boss is fun. AI is more interesting than previously seen and the rock throw being a projectile that can be dodged is a really nice change to see from hitscan AI. I would like to see more of this in the future and I think audio cues to winding up a ranged attack would be a nice addition to give players a better sense of timing. Many players think the stone toss is hitscan because of a lack of prompt. Really all of the bosses are fun and have more interesting mechanics than we've seen before.

* Sator Dungeon is beautiful although it feels as if it could stand to have a little more in it, but maybe it's just too early to tell what the full scope will be. Like the Risar dungeon it needs more things you can interact with instead of simply being hallways filled with mobs. Give us lootable chests or rare gathering resources maybe?

* Troll Carcass does not give good enough Ironfur yields in proportion to how much is used in crafting. With an Alvarin with maxed professions and the clade gift you only receive 55 Ironfur from 10k of carcass, and while the Troll does drop quite a lot of carcass it's not enough for the amount of effort that goes into the kill and hauling carcass back in terms of crafting.

* Not having Resurrection yet is becoming increasingly an issue. The boss groups are most likely to lose maybe 1 or 2 players is so far from a Priest that it becomes quite a drag on gameplay to wait for someone to run across the large map to get back. This really cuts into guild activity time which drives population down as people don't want to deal with massive amounts of running or waiting around.

* Combat change as of this moment is quite poor imo in terms of smallscale. The penalty to ground hits increasing parry delay is a step in the right direction however the damage reduction given from parry takes it two steps backwards. It is now even more parry reliant statue gameplay than ever. The slight speed increase in attack charging has hurt bait & punish gameplay rather badly. The situation as it is on my Veela for example is that feeding a 420 combat speed Thursar a parry and attempting to run (442) out of reach is no longer fast enough to avoid being hit and as an added bonus your attack hits for half damage. What this means is that the optimal choice is to fall in line and wait for parry, turning combat into even more of a snorefest in the smallscale. I won't even go into what this means in terms of ping.

* More bandit camps and ruins in the gameworld is nice to see. It'd be interesting if bandit & risar camps occasionally changed location in the game world, give it more of an alive feel. But that may be excess work for aesthetics.

* Magic using AI appears to be ignoring PSY. I'm not sure how a Bandit Caster lands a Spurt for 8 through 70 PSY but I'm very certain a player could not do the same. More importantly, AI is ignoring Reflect Magic entirely making the spell completely useless for PvE. While I am on the subject, Bandit Casters/Healers need to be adjusted when initially aggroing. As it stands now, they are instantly casting their first spell with no windup.

* AI of all kinds continues to ignore shields and never lands equipment hits. Please fix this, why are shields complete trash?

* Wood materials need a balance pass. They are required for bows and shields but for any other use even the best wood is very poor. It doesn't make sense that dense wood is worse than bone tissue for a weapon's hilt.

* Ironwool in general seems to just be rather bad for everything and needs to be looked at.

* Light Armors still need improvement, nobody wears anything outside of Kallardian Padded as all other options are just generally worse.

* Flaming Hammers was a nice improvement and gives players something exciting, it would be good to see more things like this especially if they could serve a utilitarian purpose like the flaming hammer does. (P.S. how about a Lightning Spear?)

* Bandit Bowman mobs are shooting through walls such as the fences in bandit camps. This needs to be fixed, no AI should be shooting through walls of any kind.

* Horses are getting too close to their owners while standing still causing frequent issues of becoming stuck inside your horse. They also appear to be getting stuck on surfaces and floating up surfaces for some reason. Tamed horses and all other animals also still do not keep up with a mounted tamer going at 2 speed.

* Desync is really bad lately. I hit someone I was dueling tonight and immediately parried their attack as soon as the hit landed and received [Blocked] damage. I hit another player through their parry for full damage. I hit another player TWICE on one swing.