New Crafting Profession: The Artificer

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
noun: artificer; plural noun: artificers
a skilled mechanic in the armed forces.
ARCHAIC
a skilled craftsman or inventor.

I would like to put forth this suggestion for SV to consider as a future secondary skill profession once the main Myrland server is stabilised and flourishing.

The Artificer is a profession that allows players to create different decorative ornaments for other crafted items such as armours, weapons, shields, and so forth, with absolutely zero effect on item stats or performance.

It would essentially be a secondary profession that creates what we would call skins that players pay for in games these days using real world money. Of course, in Mortal Online 2 we don't want any additional paid content as our monthly sub pays for all content including future expansions.

Thus, those who are into skins but don't want any kind of cash shops can have the best of both worlds, in a way that makes sense from a practical and immersive standpoint.

For those who couldn't care less about skins, they can simply avoid the profession altogether, and won't have to contend with any kind of cash shops which is widely shunned in this community.

Last edited:

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I think there's already plenty of other primary skill crafting professions, and given that this is a purely cosmetic/aesthetics profession I felt that it didn't make sense for it to be primary.
if it's a 2ndary most people will have it. The idea would be a serious moneymaker, they'd have to make it so that the sp investment is balanced. It's not a bad idea. Henrik mentioned that for top tier crafters they will have cosmetics skins. I think they'll do it like that, skins will be the end game for crafters and they'll be divided for each crafting profession.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
if it's a 2ndary most people will have it. The idea would be a serious moneymaker, they'd have to make it so that the sp investment is balanced. It's not a bad idea. Henrik mentioned that for top tier crafters they will have cosmetics skins. I think they'll do it like that, skins will be the end game for crafters and they'll be divided for each crafting profession.
Yes, that is another way to do it as well. Whichever way SV decides to take, provided that it is player-crafted and does not involve any additional micro-transactions to acquire them, it will suffice.

Reactions: Najwalaylah