Movement speed and casting spell

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Hey everyone,

One suggest here -> For me its seem really weird to not be able to walk or move when i cast a spell.

For now, magic work like this :
1-select your spell
2-cast the spell without moving
3-your spell is ready to use
4-you launch your spell

My suggestion :

-You can walk/run when you cast a spell
-Be able to use only mouse key to charge/launch the spell -> after selecting the spell you would use, you just need to hold mouse key to cast and release mouse key to launch the spell.

Have a good day all

Reactions: Farligbonde

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Dev plz you really need to do somethin to simplify the key system to cast/launch spell !! For now its horrible....
It will be better with one unique key to cast/launch, may be mouse key or an editable key in setting
AND the delay when you launch the spell is a way to long

thank

Piet

May 28, 2020
Just get a mouse with buttons on the side like a normal human. Although I do agree that the final little bit when putting hands down causes to much delay after charged the rest I heartily disagree with on all points.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Q: charge the last spell you used / cast it on the enemy
E: charge the last spell you used / cast it on yourself

if its not like this delete the Input.ini AND make sure E and Q are not binded ingame: C:/users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/mortalonline2/saved/config/windowsnoeditor/Input.ini

DISCLAIMER: its not allowed to EDIT the .ini files

Reactions: Agog Vilechopper

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Q: charge the last spell you used / cast it on the enemy
E: charge the last spell you used / cast it on yourself

if its not like this delete the Input.ini AND make sure E and Q are not binded ingame: C:/users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/mortalonline2/saved/config/windowsnoeditor/Input.ini

DISCLAIMER: its not allowed to EDIT the .ini files

woah okay nice to know, thank :)

Reactions: Bernfred

Agog Vilechopper

Dec 9, 2020
Just get a mouse with buttons on the side like a normal human. Although I do agree that the final little bit when putting hands down causes to much delay after charged the rest I heartily disagree with on all points.

-You disagree to be able to walk/run when you cast ?
Most MMo i played or other video game have this "features" , sometime like WOW its for some spell and other game like DFO is for all the spell.
Only MO have this way of playing magic. In melee, when you swing you can walk, its the same for bow, it will be weird if not, nop ?

-About the keybinding, i dont really get the point we cant use mouse key like when you swing to cast/launcha spell. Or may be we need a staff or something to use magic.

You are certainly a vet and you arent astonish by this way of playing but for ppl who come from other game like MO its a bit weird. For now i have the sentiment to be a magic tower not really a mage.

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
-You disagree to be able to walk/run when you cast ?
All MMo i played or other video game have this "features", only MO have this way of playing magic. In melee, when you swing you can walk, its the same for bow, it will be weird if not, nop ?

-About the keybinding, i dont really get the point we cant use mouse key like when you swing to cast/launcha spell. Or may be we need a staff or something to use magic.

You are certainly a vet and you arent astonish by this way of playing but for ppl who come from other game like MO its a bit weird. For now i have the sentiment to be a magic tower not really a mage.
I very much disagree with running as you cast because even the single straight damage spell you could do this with in mo1 was considered OP mostly because of that. It's not that I don't get it and it does feel odd but balance wise it would make mage's very very op if they could do this because they hit through armor. The main issues start to arise in high end armor and fighting people who kite like hybrids. It would render their play style and higher end armor much less effective. Any situation it would be very very rough for anyone fighting a mage. I wish it could be that was as a mage myself but it just isn't feasible for balance.

keybinding wise I can't give much help on unfortunately because I use keys on the side of my mouse so I can hit any spell without moving my hands off my movement keys and then use Q or E to cast from there. If you use Q or E again it re casts same spell kinda like your idea so I wouldn't really mind it as long as I wasn't forced to use it cause I like using my mouse keys.

I remember the felling you are talking about so I feel what you mean though with the tower. There are little tricks to help but it is always going to feel a little like that. First trick is most of the time as a mage you are going to be running and never standing your ground but you can jump and start charging a spell to give you a little bit of an edge and more movement. From there the second trick is to fire it off if you can or run till you can but when you do fire the spell as soon as you fire you don't have to wait for the animation there so can spin 180 and book it and your spell will still land true. I know it doesn't help much and still feel pretty immobile. Mage's get a hard life. They are support and can't farm or 1v1 someone of the same skill level. But they are the backbone of any fighting force and keeping them alive is the key to battle. I wish there was a way to improve to make them feel less tower like but I just can't think of a solid way without sever balance issues.

P.S. I actually do like your idea of moving while casting if you do it slowed down significantly so it at least feels a little better but even then it would need to be done very carefully. Sorry if I came off as more harsh then intended it is 4am here and I just have insomnia so am being dumb staying up typing things without being able to fully think them all through on how they come across.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
One of the downsides of the ecumenical school is that you precast spells and you cant precast while moving.

In mo1 there are other schools that have spells that can be cast while moving but can't be held, or can only be held for a very short time.

Mages already have a great mobility advantage over melee and ranged users due to the fact that they only use stamina for sprinting and jumping, if they could do this while running there would have to be other very great disadvantages to the school.

Atr3au

Sep 22, 2020
As previously stated, each school has it's own upsides and down, moving while casting in ECU isn't a thing. There are other schools for that.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
like all have stated above, being able to continuously kite while casting 40+ damage spells (or heals) that can’t be blocked or deminished would be way OP.

a fighter uses stam for moving, blocking AND dealing damage. A mage can use it exclusively for kiting ( negating all incoming melee damage). You would never be able to catch a mage.

Other magic schools had cast-on-the-go spells but they were much weaker spells( except high end necro pets which were just rediculous).

Reactions: bbihah