More Visible Arrow Trail

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
The arrow trails are basically invisible during the day when it comes to long distance sniping with the bow. This means i can't see where my arrows are landing to readjust my aim during the day.

They are very visible at night however.

Now, i'm not sure why they stand out more at night, but is there some way we can get a fix so we can see our arrows well in the day too?

It is really frustrating feeling like i can only snipe properly during the night. Perhaps add a way for us to alter the color of the arrow trail, maybe make it longer and thicker? But of course, have this client side only. I don't think they should be more visible to other players since that would equate to an archery nerf.

It is just very critical to be able to see where the arrows land to be able to readjust the aim, and at times if can feel like you're working blind ESPECIALLY when you're aiming at something near draw distance.

The bow excels at sniping when used on foot, but is poor in nearly every other scenario. If this is to be it's core function, i really feel you need to figure out a way of making arrows more visible up to draw distance for the person firing them.

ALSO

Because the trail is white, if it rains.. Well. Good luck seeing the arrow. If it rains and it is daytime? It is essentially impossible to see where long range arrows are landing.

Again, i stress... This is really LONG range archery. If you test it, and you can see it in medium range, that isn't what i'm talking about. I mean shots all the way up to draw distance. Very long distance shots. They are very possible at night, but in day? It is horrific and simply doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaShadow