meta for arcane archer? must solo viable (have no friends)

MaybeAddicted

Feb 1, 2022
Hey,

im juggling around with builds and stuff and i landed finally on full tindrem human, because the points aviable for psy or int.

i ask me if 90 psy really defend me from mages, i dont know it.

but i think i want to play arcane archer, i dont know if its played on horse only or foot too. but im unsure how to build it.

maybe somebody has a plan!

greetings

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
No it doesnt. The main reason why everyone stopped playing hybrids was because they nerfed how psy lowers magic damage taken.

The only thing psy is good at these days is for mana pool.

Archers on foot are quite garbage unless you are shooting mounts or people running away.

You can definitely make a miunted archer/mounted mage hybrid. That is a very strong build. However they tend to be wheelchair builds.

Reactions: MaybeAddicted

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I wouldn't run a tindremene. I'm gonna do MM/MA, had it on my veela, but I wanted to get a weapon back. You have to take heavy hits to do it, and if your int isn't right (mine was only like 70~,) it's not really worth it. So, I chose SHEEV.

What I would do is take the two bow gifts and put your str to like 70 for dense crepite. I dunno exactly where it starts pulling mega stam, but 90 has always seemed like enough.

Anyway, the premise doesn't have to be wheel chair, but you def have to drop things like stance, endurance, 60 aiming tech/control at least. Optional marksmanship.

You don't get a wep. You can KINDA do something on the ground as a mage. But the main idea is that on a mount, you are gonna be the smaller target and you can heal your mount + high dex for turning. At least that's my PoV. Low armor training + no defensive stance means you are gonna get knocked tho if you do get hit.

I wouldn't worry about other mages if you have bow spec and magic as well, also imo.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Truly the only thing that is solo viable is mounted archer/mounted mage.

Its the only build that lets you farm most things and run away from a fight if you see it coming ( or if you have a faster horse). Even if you get jumped, you have the best chance to kill their horse and then choose if to ride away or finish them. No other build gives you so much mobility and survivability.

humans arent the best pure MA/MM.
Vheelas have clades for high wakspot chance, small hitbox some extra attribute points. Oghmirs have armour clades, high hp, high strenght for best bows and a personal hp pot (pipe).

However humans have more skill points, and for a solo player that might come in handy for adding things like taming ( get your own horses) or dominating to also have a pet. The mana regen clade is also nice for when you are wearing heavier armour.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Truly the only thing that is solo viable is mounted archer/mounted mage.

Its the only build that lets you farm most things and run away from a fight if you see it coming ( or if you have a faster horse). Even if you get jumped, you have the best chance to kill their horse and then choose if to ride away or finish them. No other build gives you so much mobility and survivability.

humans arent the best pure MA/MM.
Vheelas have clades for high wakspot chance, small hitbox some extra attribute points. Oghmirs have armour clades, high hp, high strenght for best bows and a personal hp pot (pipe).

However humans have more skill points, and for a solo player that might come in handy for adding things like taming ( get your own horses) or dominating to also have a pet. The mana regen clade is also nice for when you are wearing heavier armour.

asyms kill your stam, tho, you gotta switch, and I still think switching is clunky. I was firing a dense crepite bow as Lean and that's about what they do to stam. I think the asym unless you are hard aimbotting or coming in from afar... like I've taken some shots from people that had to be asym shots, if they got me from behind while farming or something. I could never get used to firing an asym, tho. The human bonus is... 6kg armor and 15+15+15 att pts. Oh and they get anatomy and combat manu right? Human has a nice array of pts, they just need a POINT. Oooh.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Sadly, foot archer is pretty bad on its own. With max bow skills pulling a bow 20+ str under your str (which gives minimum stam usage) a shortbow can shoot about 8 full charged arrows in a full stam bar while sprinting. Unless you are getting a lot of weakspots, a player can just run in a straight line and even if you land every arrow to the body, they might not die. Then factor in that nobody is running in a straight line and you probobly missed art least some shots. If they are attacking you, you are likely dead unless they are really bad.

I do feel like psy still has a decent reduction to magic damage but its better to go int for healing. Especially if you go mounted.

If you want to bow magic build then mounted is definitely the way. Because then you can heal your mount well and bows bad stam while sprinting is fixed by being on a mount.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sadly, foot archer is pretty bad on its own. With max bow skills pulling a bow 20+ str under your str (which gives minimum stam usage) a shortbow can shoot about 8 full charged arrows in a full stam bar while sprinting. Unless you are getting a lot of weakspots, a player can just run in a straight line and even if you land every arrow to the body, they might not die. Then factor in that nobody is running in a straight line and you probobly missed art least some shots. If they are attacking you, you are likely dead unless they are really bad.

I do feel like psy still has a decent reduction to magic damage but its better to go int for healing. Especially if you go mounted.

If you want to bow magic build then mounted is definitely the way. Because then you can heal your mount well and bows bad stam while sprinting is fixed by being on a mount.

I rolled back over to psy on my veela. Just didn't have the points. Ability to use a footwep was more important at that point + I am raising an actual "arcane archer sheev" which will be able to get 100 int (basic 0'd psyche or left over) and then pour the extra short bow +10s in psyche after it's filled out. Might even do 105 int since it's linear OO..

I didn't know about the +20, but I def feel it's close to +10 mounted before you start getting raw dogged by stam w/ a short bow. You def need SOME leeway. That's why I'd take a bow gift on a lean veela just so you never hit that threshold mounted.

I still don't understand why they have all these steadying gifts, but you can't run and shoot your bow at least a little better. I understand all of the hoppity stuff people can do, but you could do a lot more... like foot archery would be more viable even with 'low damage' if you could actually aim the thing with some care. I been playing timing based sports games since I was a pre-teen, and I've def regressed, but I'd like to see a vid of anyone hitting consistently with a bow at full sprint. That's just TOO NUTS. I could prol do it eventually, once I realized the timing, but it'd take awhile. I'm not saying it's impossible for anyone, but the skill level is pretty high imo, even tho it's all just rhythm. Them moving, you moving, the arrow arc, + the major wobble it's almost like MEANT to miss. The only time I hit people is when I am not even thinking.

MaybeAddicted

Feb 1, 2022
good points are made. its just hard to choose what to play in the end, because if we be honest we want always the best xP

EDIT:

so psy is not that good anymore, means i could just go for thursar or oghmir too, because it doesnt make a difference? is that so hmm

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
good points are made. its just hard to choose what to play in the end, because if we be honest we want always the best xP

EDIT:

so psy is not that good anymore, means i could just go for thursar or oghmir too, because it doesnt make a difference? is that so hmm

you want a lot of pts. I def wouldn't do thursar. The reason human and Alv are the best IMO is because they both get magic buffs + they have overall more attributes, and most bowing is done with a short bow. Being able to pull a long bow is great, and you can as a stout, gifted veela, but to pull a 121 is the biggest advantage of being thur/ogh... however, you lose a lot. IMO at least.

Psy = more magic and magic points + mounted archery pts. So it's not all bad, but yea...

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
wanna play archer? lean oghmir 400 stamina and dense crepite bows, 1h weapon and crackpipes/potions. or veela MA/MM

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I rolled back over to psy on my veela. Just didn't have the points. Ability to use a footwep was more important at that point + I am raising an actual "arcane archer sheev" which will be able to get 100 int (basic 0'd psyche or left over) and then pour the extra short bow +10s in psyche after it's filled out. Might even do 105 int since it's linear OO..

I didn't know about the +20, but I def feel it's close to +10 mounted before you start getting raw dogged by stam w/ a short bow. You def need SOME leeway. That's why I'd take a bow gift on a lean veela just so you never hit that threshold mounted.

I still don't understand why they have all these steadying gifts, but you can't run and shoot your bow at least a little better. I understand all of the hoppity stuff people can do, but you could do a lot more... like foot archery would be more viable even with 'low damage' if you could actually aim the thing with some care. I been playing timing based sports games since I was a pre-teen, and I've def regressed, but I'd like to see a vid of anyone hitting consistently with a bow at full sprint. That's just TOO NUTS. I could prol do it eventually, once I realized the timing, but it'd take awhile. I'm not saying it's impossible for anyone, but the skill level is pretty high imo, even tho it's all just rhythm. Them moving, you moving, the arrow arc, + the major wobble it's almost like MEANT to miss. The only time I hit people is when I am not even thinking.
I have tested and at +20 str on foot over the bow, theres a night and day stam difference. There's no curve or anything, its just do you have the str or not, and if you are +20 over the bow, its about 50% better stam.

Also on moving while shooting, you 100% need 100 controlled aiming. It makes an insane difference. It goes from unplayable, to bad but usable. My issue is just the raw amount of arrows you can fire while sprinting. Its like 8-9 arrows full charged with a shortbow per stam bar ()while sprinting, and thats if you dont take extra time to aim.

The issue is taking marksman and controlled aiming blows primaries. So if you want magic with that its really hard. And then fitting a melee wep is hard. So to me its take magic but no vitalism and only 20 ecu, and no def or agg stance and you can maybe fit a wep. Or you ditch magic to get stances and go psy.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I have tested and at +20 str on foot over the bow, theres a night and day stam difference. There's no curve or anything, its just do you have the str or not, and if you are +20 over the bow, its about 50% better stam.

Also on moving while shooting, you 100% need 100 controlled aiming. It makes an insane difference. It goes from unplayable, to bad but usable. My issue is just the raw amount of arrows you can fire while sprinting. Its like 8-9 arrows full charged with a shortbow per stam bar ()while sprinting, and thats if you dont take extra time to aim.

The issue is taking marksman and controlled aiming blows primaries. So if you want magic with that its really hard. And then fitting a melee wep is hard. So to me its take magic but no vitalism and only 20 ecu, and no def or agg stance and you can maybe fit a wep. Or you ditch magic to get stances and go psy.

nice, almost makes me wanna take the 2nd bow gift to try. I know for mounted the range is more like 7-9 str where you get the asym like drop off then you get no stam loss at all basically. If you have a lean veela with a dense crep bow and have the +10 gift, you will not lose stam on a mount. Quoth Maltie.

I don't have much experience with foot archery tho tbh. I spice it up and shoot things on foot sometimes, but I do MA because it's the most versatile. Some people are mad because you can't get kills or whatever, but in general, if you wanna get kills, you can do it on another character, and you can have your MA good enough to get some kills, if necessary. If not, just dismount.

60-60 really is viable tho. I've been running it since forever. Gonna lock it there on my MAMM, once I get my MA ground up. 120 pts on top of a build is not that bad. I mean you might have to drop... a wep... stances... taming... shit isn't like MO anymore where you HAVE to spec say balance or you get sprint broken. There are a lot of options to just go no stance no armor really. I'd do that and keep both the magic and bow. But I'd def suggest mounted archery, it's one of the most effective things at pve, good for transporting, can grief people easily in wild by just making them walk home. Then if you want a fighter, roll a fighter. You can def spec MM and MA together tho. On a sheev haha. It's just not as good on a human, I can't explain why. It should be, but it's not. Being tiny and such.