Mercy Mode 2.0 Theft?

Rulant

May 30, 2020
I've been thinking about this idea. It seems like a way for someone to avoid the consequences of their actions (all the fun of killing without whatever equals a murder count) I wonder if everyone is thinking about the result, the author mentions taking away criminals, murderers, etc., weapons, I think it more likely that it will be used extensively by said murderers to avoid the consequence of murder, making it easier to attack farming, wood chopping, or whatever, peaceful citizens.
Depends entirely on how new flagging system will be, unless its said to be like MO1.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
in MO1 there was a command /drop which would drop your gear and inventory on the ground.

though was mostly used by crafters to dump garbage gear when leveling up :D

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Depends entirely on how new flagging system will be, unless its said to be like MO1.
They have been vague as far as I know. They mention reputation and how it will be different depending on where you are and that giving accusation of murder won't be instant but at a priest. Not enough details to know.

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
Hey folks I've been thinking, in the combat alpha there is lots of theft happening due to killing one another or just to get players into it or because of toxism.
I respect the gameplay of each player, but I would be keen to see another system put into place that gives people the choice to steal a somewhat amount of items of a player that has been put into Mercy mode, before they actually have to kill him and become a murderer.

Means, this is a design concept that I have known from another game that had been following.

In its original form it would look like this:
• Once Player A's health drops down to 1, he would enter mercy mode
-> Player A's body goes unconscious, he falls to the ground and gets a black screen about for 15-20 secs, he can still hear everything though
-> In that sequence Player B is able to loot everything from Player A's inventory, in his hands, sheathed items, banner, cloak but none of the gear like armor that he is wearing which is strictly bond to his body and hard to take off
• Should a Player be killed on mercy mode, then he will of course give away his full inventory

But this way we can actually take away Robbers, Murderers or other Criminals weapons or items that could potentially harm others or stop someone going nuts without necessarily having to kill em!

What yall think? Personally I like it to disable someones combat but not necessarily end his life for it.

Suggested something similar for MO1 and would love to have it in MO2, additionally I'd suggest to add a yield function to put yourself into mercy mode.

Important thing about yielding:
A) Visual hint - hands up or something simliar
B) Character movement is slowed down
C) Player cannot log off
D) Exiting yield mode should add a short time stun

If people get my stuff anyways I can at least avoid ghosting to the priest and healing up.
I feel this is more than a "kinky RP" feature as dying really slows the game down for most people.

Reactions: MyrmexThraxvágr

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
in MO1 there was a command /drop which would drop your gear and inventory on the ground.

though was mostly used by crafters to dump garbage gear when leveling up :D

Yes, they introduced /droploot but in a situation where you want to yield AND the other has to know if you yielded INSTANTLY this was not sufficient at all. /droploot had a delay and no visual feedback sadly