Melee combat suggestions and new abilities.

What type of abilities would you like to see?

• Total voters

Esproc

Jan 21, 2022
Meduli
As we move closer to the possibility of seeing melee specials attacks I'd like to give my suggestion.
My concern is how much is it going to take away from the skill ceiling. Disclaimer: I'm not great at dueling and i can't feint for shit, if anything i figure 8 crutch way too hard.

Main concern is with abilities that can parry bypass or knockdown is in group fights. People already pile on each other and this could make it super easy to take out higher skilled players.

I would rather see fundamental additions to combat for all weapons such as:
-A kick to stagger, would have a long recovery animation if missed.
-Parry chip damage being more impactful with larger weapons against small ones. Simple weight based comparison.
-Giveing heavy weapons the ability to knock down players when they are hit in the back.

Those changes would not kill the skill ceiling like a parry bypass and would reduce the ping advantage.

As for special moves I'm very pro movement abilities like charges/leaps, aoe swings, knockbacks. These type abilities are fun because they add something that is impossible currently.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I think melee special abilities will finish killing whats left of fun in this game, duels and small scale pvp (already almost dead because of pets). Dumbass Henrik listens too much to streamers that cry about spinning macros....

Reactions: Locke