Material Lore Streamline

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

As MO2 is an evolution of MO1, there are a couple of material lore primaries that are left out of place with the games evolution. Those two lores are Scales and Textiles. At the start of MO1, there was really no way to wear armor made of heavier materials without experiencing a significant disadvantage on the battlefield. Everyone had to make armor out of scales or soft textiles like silk. With these materials being the default choice for any player to use, they were locked behind primary trees as to restrict their availability to all professions. As the game has evolved, heavier armor has become viable and easier to obtain. The advantage that scales and silks once had has eroded over time as there lower protection values availability has discouraged wide scale use. It is with this short history that I recommend changes to these skills.

Recommended Changes

Scales
  • Transition from Primary Skill to Secondary Skill

Textile Lore
  • Remove Skill
  • Place Cotton Lore under Botany -> Malvaceae
  • Place Silk Lores under Arthropod Produce Lore
Ironsilk
Bloodsilk
Silk
Zoology

Remove Honey and Beeswax lore from under Arthropod lore. Having the lore skills under the zoology tree makes absolutely zero sense as it already exist under Material Lore.

Future Changes

In the future animals will be dropping the raw materials of a given substance. For example, pigs will be dropping Raw Fullgrain Leather that will be processed into Fullgrain Leather. In addition there will be the requirement to use a Bronze, Silver, or Gold tier skinning knife to butcher in the field. With these future changes I propose additional skills be added.

Extraction - Secondary

Material Processing - Primary
Tanning - Secondary
Fiber Weaving - Secondary

Add raw lores under their respective categories.

Skinning Knife
SV has yet to disclose how the new skinning knifes will work or how much they cost, etc. My desired usage is below.
Skinning knife will exclude boss drop materials like Bloodsilk, Ivory Hide, Ironfur, Dragon Materials, etc.

Gold - 50% yield, 20 gold, 100 uses
Silver - 40% yield, 10 gold, 100 uses
Bronze - 30% yield, 5 gold, 100 uses

Last edited by a moderator:

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
As MO2 is an evolution of MO1, there are a couple of material lore primaries that are left out of place with the games evolution. Those two lores are Scales and Textiles. At the start of MO1, there was really no way to wear armor made of heavier materials without experiencing a significant disadvantage on the battlefield. Everyone had to make armor out of scales or soft textiles like silk. With these materials being the default choice for any player to use, they were locked behind primary trees as to restrict their availability to all professions. As the game has evolved, heavier armor has become viable and easier to obtain. The advantage that scales and silks once had has eroded over time as there lower protection values availability has discouraged wide scale use. It is with this short history that I recommend changes to these skills.

Recommended Changes

Scales

Textile Lore
  • Remove Skill
Ironsilk
Bloodsilk
Silk
Zoology

Remove Honey and Beeswax lore from under Arthropod lore. Having the lore skills under the zoology tree makes absolutely zero sense as it already exist under Material Lore.

Future Changes

In the future animals will be dropping the raw materials of a given substance. For example, pigs will be dropping Raw Fullgrain Leather that will be processed into Fullgrain Leather. In addition there will be the requirement to use a Bronze, Silver, or Gold tier skinning knife to butcher in the field. With these future changes I propose additional skills be added.

Extraction - Secondary

Tanning - Secondary

Skinning Knife
Skinning knife will exclude boss drop materials like Bloodsilk, Ivory Hide, Ironfur, Dragon Materials, etc.

I too think the Material Lores can be streamlined and I like your ideas about that. However I really dislike the idea of animals dropping raw materials - I personally enjoy Butchery and the process involved with Hunting. It rewards hauling, but you can also skin in the field.

Reactions: Zbuciorn
D

Deleted member 44

I too think the Material Lores can be streamlined and I like your ideas about that. However I really dislike the idea of animals dropping raw materials - I personally enjoy Butchery and the process involved with Hunting. It rewards hauling, but you can also skin in the field.
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately the raw materials portion is a part of SVs plans. They haven't released how that and the skinning knife will work.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately the raw materials portion is a part of SVs plans. They haven't released how that and the skinning knife will work.
Oh god I am not happy about that one. Was it mentioned on Henrik's stream?

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Is that a recent change they've mentioned? It's also unclear if the bronze/silver/gold tier skinning thing is yours or their idea.

D

Deleted member 44

Is that a recent change they've mentioned? It's also unclear if the bronze/silver/gold tier skinning thing is yours or their idea.
I edited the post. I hope that clarifies things.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yet another step towards turning MO into a survival game. :( Why Starvault?

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020

Recommended Changes

Scales

Textile Lore
  • Remove Skill
Ironsilk
Bloodsilk
Silk
Zoology

Future Changes

Extraction - Secondary

Tanning - Secondary

Skinning Knife
SV has yet to disclose how the new skinning knifes will work or how much they cost, etc. My desired usage is below.

I prefer the old one. Carcasses to butcher/ High skills/lore give better results. Much realistic.

Reactions: Rorry

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I agree with the changes to scales and textile lores. No opinion on the arthropod produces. Everything else just sounds like a drag that makes the game less enjoyable.

Reactions: Zbuciorn
D

Deleted member 44

I agree with the changes to scales and textile lores. No opinion on the arthropod produces. Everything else just sounds like a drag that makes the game less enjoyable.

Arthropod produce lore is a secondary under material lore. Worms produce silk in real life and is an animal byproduct. In game we have spiders producing the silk. Spiders fall under the phylum arthropoda.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Arthropod produce lore is a secondary under material lore. Worms produce silk in real life and is an animal byproduct. In game we have spiders producing the silk. Spiders fall under the phylum arthropoda.

I know. I don't particularly see an issue with it being where it is, if you're going to be a butcher you will have that anyways.