Making riding consume a little bit of health reserve (MA buff)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ive been testing MA and have been doing some PvE on it.

The issue I have notice is that your health reserves are never touched as MA, but you lose a lot of stamina reserve.
Any stam food you eat with low health will make you gain weight even if it is extremely low health.

So just make riding lose very small amounts of health reserve so you dont have to suicide to keep your weight right.

I would ride horse all day for several days in a roll when I was younger, and your back would receive a massive work out along with the legs. So its not like you didn't burn a lot of calories working from horse back.

Reactions: Rorry

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
There is the bread made out of grain's flour that has 140+ stamina and under 2 health.

Plus, you can be less cautious when doing MA PVE and run a smaller circle around the target. You will get hit a couple times but probably finish the job even faster. I know currently most (all) animals in the wild are so short that wont reach the rider and hit only the mount, but the bandits are tall enough to hit the rider. And in the future there will be more PVE targets that can hit the rider. And also shorter mounts.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I think the issue here is that Stamina Reserves used to also be tied to weight (which makes total sense, you're exercising...) and since they have changed that, they haven't thought about how it impacts certain game-play styles.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Everyone says eat better stam food, but ALL good stam food will send you overweight when your health reserves stay full.
Someone told me things can be added to remove health when you make it, but bizarrely they mentioned almine and I don't have any to try it. I didn't think it would be edible, either.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Everyone says eat better stam food, but ALL good stam food will send you overweight when your health reserves stay full.
Someone told me things can be added to remove health when you make it, but bizarrely they mentioned almine and I don't have any to try it. I didn't think it would be edible, either.
Theoretically you could add posion to your meal to take dmg while eating.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I could and do jump off cilfs as a solution to the health reserve issue but I shouldnt have to. I can play around it but there is no reason I should have to.

Even 200 with 2 health is too much health for this situation. The health reserve is almost maxed out. As a Alv using bows over my real STR and under the +20 from the clade which causes me to constantly lose stamina I drain far to much for water to fix.

I cant afford to waste hunger on water.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I could and do jump off cilfs as a solution to the health reserve issue but I shouldnt have to. I can play around it but there is no reason I should have to.

Even 200 with 2 health is too much health for this situation. The health reserve is almost maxed out. As a Alv using bows over my real STR and under the +20 from the clade which causes me to constantly lose stamina I drain far to much for water to fix.

I cant afford to waste hunger on water.

I think the issue here is that Stamina Reserves used to also be tied to weight (which makes total sense, you're exercising...) and since they have changed that, they haven't thought about how it impacts certain game-play styles.

It's a deeper mechanical issue than just riding vs HP reserve. Your annoyance is valid, but fixing it through bandaids isn't a solution. They should redesign the reserve system, or allow Stam to control weight again (too).

D

Deleted member 44

Any food with a small amount of poison will negate health gain. I really don't know how you PvE so much that this is a problem.