Make the game's PVE more fun.

soulpcbr

Dec 20, 2023
Make the game's PVE more fun.

Currently, to do a dungeon you need to fit into one of the three groups below:
- Go zerg with 30+ players as Odinseed or Karnimata.
- Be one of the best pvp players in the game and have the best equipment like nightfall and levia players.
- Have less than 1 month of playing the game and go to the city sewers.

But there are many players who don't fit into any of these 3 options and would like to have fun doing a pve inside a dungeon, but they can't because for them the sewer is boring and they always die to the best players or to the zerg. I don't know what the best solution to the problem would be, so I ask developers to think about it and players to submit solutions here.

One suggestion is to place more than 5 entrances in each dungeon with a door inside that can be closed and opens automatically after 30 minutes. Each of these 5 entrances must have 3 exit points where it is not possible to enter.

Reactions: Inai and Teknique

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Random spawning nodes (not the static garbage they have now) with a chance to find rare mats like tephra anywhere in the world. This will get people out exploring knowing they have a chance to find something rare.

Rare named mobs that path through the world on various spawn timers that drop rare loot that's worth getting. This also gets people out in hopes they would find a rare named mob to take down. SV THIS MAKES EXPLORATION ACTUALLY FUN WHEN ITS UNPREDICTABLE... Static spawns are extremely boring as you always know what to expect and they are usually camped as well.

Leader boards are also great, it give you goals to shoot for. You want to be the character that's mined the most granum on the entire server??? So it be it, start swinging that pick axe. There should be leaderboards for everything doable in game with a title you get for being number 1.

All these things give solo players something to do and and gives them hope to to find something rare.

Or, keep it boring, bland, empty and predictable like it has been, you're choice I guess SV... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
theres plenty of ruins and POIs on the map now why cant they have some random mob spawn at them at random times? like a bandit leader/outlaw leader named boss type charecter. IT HASTO BE RANDOMLY TIMED. or you will have the same groups of people showing up when they know it will spawn over an over and then it just becomes camped. why cant sigmund the bandit leader spawn at a random POI on the map once every 7 hours? if he is not engaged and or defeated he despawns. then do this with more mobs.

Jacob the Necromancer spawns if he isnt defeated within 1-2 hours of spawning he summons a deathknight. jacob has a 0.1% chance to drop the death knight scroll. etc etc.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Most of these ideas would just involve some more coding and debugging. They could be implemented with existing assets.

Now imagine throwing in some new Creature Types to that spawn list. PVE would really take off.

Edit: hopefully Bandits can be replaced with those new creatures in some of these locations once more monsters are added to the game?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Ideas that SV had either previously implemented or could potentially implement because another dev team managed to do it:

Random invasion spawns:

Virtual ecology:

Real-time dynamic NPC conversations:

Reactionary NPC behaviour and dialogue:

If SV could implement even just one of the above, MO2 would instantly become more interesting.

Last edited:

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
The virtual ecology was interesting. But I could see why SV wouldn't really go down that road.

Instead I liked the idea about random boss creatures. I've played board games where you draw a card and assign it to a monster giving it a unique ability or two.

You could have an Eldritch Nightsnatch that spits magic spells you have to dodge. Then each ability or buff adds to it's loot pool metric or something. Just have the game give the creature a special color shade to it's fur, glowing eyes and so on, and you've got a new monster right there.

I wonder if SV is worrying too much about making everything tameable? And if that would screw up PVP. Yea it would. A monster like that doesn't need Tamed. It's special to fight.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I would just settle for the regular mob spawns to have a decent respawn rate so that one guy doesn't clear the whole spawn in 2 minutes and then has to wait 10 minutes for respawns.

Also timers on bosses, trolls, elites, outlaws should never be a thing. It should be random within a 6 hour window. This shit of people having timers for farming everything is just moronic.

Thirdly, there should be NO stronghold spots near valuable farming spots or dungeons. This is an absolutely demented feature in this game. Every guild building strongholds outside every farming spot on the map. Makes farming as a single player or small group almost impossible as all it takes is 1 guy to spot you and the entire guild logs on to zerg you. This by far the most aids mechanic in this game.

Reactions: Inai and Rahz

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
If you want to run dungeon as small party without joining any of the already eastablished PvP dungeon guilds (Not even necessarily the big zergy ones), you and your friends unfortunately need the right setup, all be veelas so you can outrun the zergs and play ratty evading all the fights waiting for the time when the dungeon is more ''dead'' so you can sneak in a boss kill.
Or just pick the unpopular less profitable dungeons like sator dungeon, I highly doubt any of the big guilds will be fighting you there.

Besides, they are adding dungeons right now at lightning speeds, if they keep up with that, there will be too many dungeons to hold and inevitably the big guilds will hold the best most profiable ones and more room will open up for the smaller group to get in.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Debugging is always needed

The original idea was how to dezerg dungeons

And that's simple

Get rid of the current Veela Sight so they can't see you when you are at least hiding solo or in a small group. (edit: and add in more things to hide in and behind.)

I get that VS must be terribly fun to pop open loot bags when zerging but if you can't use terrain to remain unseen there's not much point when 2-4 veelas are rotating sight timers.

Inai

Feb 16, 2024
I'll copy my suggestions from a different thread in here, as this one is gaining more traction:

1. More group oriented content that is not dungeons

For me as a pve player, going into dungeons is not a thing I do often. The thing to find there is pvp content (death) most of all - if you are not experienced and well geared for that, you will not have a good time.

If we assume a scenario of a clean pve-dungeon-run without any pvp, then I would also like to add that most dungeons currently in the game have very weak content for this purpose. Most of the time the only interesting and hard part is the boss. Any content inside the dungeon leading toward the boss is way too easy to be engaging as a group (sewers, sator dungeon, spider caves, most of necro dungeon, fabernum tower). It is simply boring to do them from a pve standpoint.

If you are looking for casual and fun stuff to do in a group (that is not primarily into pvp), the options are very scarce.
- Spider caves are way too easy for a group, the boss is way too hard for a random small scale group.
- Bigger dungeons are no great option (see above)
- Trolls are kind of cool, but the most effective way to kill them is by putting a turtle on them and healing it. That is not engaging group content.
- Outlaws are too easy to be considered group content. 2 players are usually enough to deal with them. Although I would say outlaws are still something to do while traveling.
- POIs are usually too easy for groups - again, 2-3 players max. are enough for those - many can be done solo.

So if I have a group of 4-6 people. Where do I go, when I'm not actively looking for pvp? This is a problem we have always had in our guild since release.
What happens is that most of the "farming" happens to be solo-farming and anything else becomes a pvp-challenge.

My suggestion would be to add harder "open world" (as in not inside dungeons) mini-bosses or camps. Roaming mini-bosses would be fantastic as well, because they could not be camped as easily and thus the danger of pvp is not as high. It would be important that the loot these guys would drop corresponds to the number of people necessary to deal with them. Trolls are quite alright in terms of risk/reward (if they couldn't be cheesed as easily).

I think this part is one of the most important aspects to change in the game for newer and less hardcore pvp-players to get enjoyment out of mortal. I am actually a bit shocked this has never been talked about in roadmaps. I do appreciate the sudden realization that more dungeons are needed to lessen the "all the dungeons are gatekept by big guilds" factor - but I still feel like this is missing the point a bit and more/better solutions are needed.
2. Rare mobs and plants with random spawns
I want to stumble upon this ultra rare flower when I run my usual errants in the world. I don't want to always KNOW "okay salvia is always here and I walk there and get it". How cool would it be to find this super rare mob walking around the world and you know he will drop something really good and you get your guys to try and kill him before others see him.

This would make remote regions in the world so much more cool because as there are less players these rare random spawns might survive much longer. Every single walk from A to B would be more exciting than it is now - where you know every single spawn, everything is always there and there is just no randomness and rarity going on. And please dont make them fixed spawns like outlaws are right now. They really need to be random or with lots more possible spawn locations
3. Rare item drops for any creature/mob in the world

I love games where I have the chance to find something really valuable on any mob. This makes farming "easy" mobs I've already killed thousands of times still exciting to farm. Currently, when I kill a pack of wolves, I know exactly what I will get out of them. It is like collecting a paycheck. The element of suprise and excitemend is missing. Other enemies in the world have this kind of rare loot (mainly trinkets) and are thus more fun to engage with.

My suggestion would be to add (at least one, better 2-3) unique and rare material drops with a very small dropchances to every single mob, i.e. shore prowers have a 0.05% chance to drop a "shore prowers scale". What exactly these rare items do is up for debate - the value has to correspond to the rarity and difficulty of the mob. Exchanging a number of these items to npcs out in the wild is a good concept that will also encourage exploration and travel.

I feel like if these 2 things suggested above would be added to the game, the gamplay loop for many players would be vastly more fun and engaging. Solo pve grinding for rare mats (grinding the mob of your choice that is) and when you got a group together you have some fun things to do outside of pvp

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I have to agree that Veela Sight is overpowered, almost like cheat mode.

I've seen videos where a Veela can see who is in their own homes so they can troll or wait for them to come out and gank them.

I was horrified that they can even see who is hiding where in a dungeon, allowing his or her group to find them no matter how well tucked away they may be.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
I have to agree that Veela Sight is overpowered, almost like cheat mode.

I've seen videos where a Veela can see who is in their own homes so they can troll or wait for them to come out and gank them.

I was horrified that they can even see who is hiding where in a dungeon, allowing his or her group to find them no matter how well tucked away they may be.
Same with trying to tuck horses away near dungeon entrances. Unless you are well away from the entrance horses can be easily spotted and eliminated. I would say the problem is there is no way to counteract this. An attack has a way to parry it. There's nothing to do about Veela sight that I'm aware of.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Same with trying to tuck horses away near dungeon entrances. Unless you are well away from the entrance horses can be easily spotted and eliminated. I would say the problem is there is no way to counteract this. An attack has a way to parry it. There's nothing to do about Veela sight that I'm aware of.
SV should change Veela Sight so that it gives them better ability to see in low light or total darkness for a short period of time instead.

Reactions: SeaShadow

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
SV should change Veela Sight so that it gives them better ability to see in low light or total darkness for a short period of time instead.
Yea something like that. Or reduce the radius of Veela Sight to detect players and pets that have stood still for 10 seconds or something.

I would also add more ways to use concealment. Such as patches of hanging roots you can walk into (sewers). Or SV could reconsider the placement of objects around the perimeter of dungeon rooms to give hiding spots. At least then Zergs would be required to manually check for people. And solo players would be required to be smart and use the hiding spots.