Lets talk lancing

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
lancing for me seems to be the funnest part of this game but the damage just isnt there. with all riding skills at 100 including mounted charge and lances at 100 I do 60 damage to a zombie with flakestone tips on a desert horse at max speed. The damage calculator seems to be a little wonky to, some times my hits at 60 and sometimes my hits are 15, it seems that unless I aim the lance at my horses head then ill do less than 50% damage, meaning if I lance slightly off to my right like a real lancer does I do poop damage and im forced to charge my horse directly into some one.

now for pvp, its understandable that a lancer isnt for 1v1, your someone who is suppose to lance the unexpected, but using a nice chunck of horse stam for 5-25 damage feels.....EHHH. The funny thing is if you lance on foot you do full damage and your lance durability acts like a normal weapon instead of taking that hefty 5 durability hit or so when on horse back. Also the horse being 4 shotted feels kinda bad, all those primary points to ride and manage a horse to go down in 8 seconds is the worst

But whats your guys opinion? I havent seen another lancer in this game anywhere, every now and then i see people buy my lances but i never see anyone with them

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
Saw that video yesterday. Seems pretty OK to me.
i saw that video but this is before the changed horse speeds right? think he talks in the comments that its not doing as much damage anymore.

And Bane im assuming it gets really exspensive since we need multiple lances for fights. Im gonna keep sticking with it and figuring things out but the lancing videos ive seen the authors of the videos dont seem to lance anymore

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Mounted combat in mo2 as a whole is just trash.

Horses are simply too easy to kill, even at 125 in steel horse armor.. still to easy to kill.

Jotun horse should have twice its current max health. Horse armor needs to be improved. Jungle horse needs its burst sprint upped to be viable and as a little touch for immersions/qol sake, horses should run when attacked while not mounted.

No animal would just stand there and die its stupid.

I have killed dozens if not 100+ horses with 4-8 longbow shots since launch. And my archery is only 70 on my FF lol.

These weak horses are the main reason mounted combat is trash atm.

Higher end heavy lance do dealnsignificant damage but again. Back to the horses, i simply dome their horse a few shots and then its GG. What you gonna do with that lance vs a sword or axe? Get chain parried to death thats what.

Reactions: Deleted member 44
D

Deleted member 44

Kill any level 125 steel armored horse with 6 long bow arrows from a 123 long bow.

Kill any level 125 horse regardless of armor with 6 thunderlash attacks from a dex mage.

Block down with a dagger to parry a lance attack for 0 despite the player charging you at 40+ mph with a 15 lbs weapon.

People keep crying about how "over powered" mounts are despite introspectively realizing that they don't understand the game and it's mechanics. If you die as any foot fighter to a mounted 1v1, you just suck.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Saw that video yesterday. Seems pretty OK to me.
Lancing actually looks really fun. And surprisingly pretty balanced just going off the the video. It shows exactly the role mounteds should do in my opinion. They let him roam around freely in their groups...so he was pretty effective.

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
Lancing actually looks really fun. And surprisingly pretty balanced just going off the the video. It shows exactly the role mounteds should do in my opinion. They let him roam around freely in their groups...so he was pretty effective.
yea its what keeps me hoping, only changes i know from after that video is lower horse speed and DEX determining horse turn speed. wish i knew what lance head he has on