Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes to kicks

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes to blocking endurance

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
I'd like to suggest adding 1 combat mechanic from Gloria Victis and 1 from Chivalry.

Kicks from GV: Special move you can perform at the cost of stamina. It deals very low dmg but it breaks the enemy's guard if connected. If you stop blocking just before it connects, you get no consequence. But if you are taken by surprise, you are dazed for 2-3 seconds, similar to the mercy mode.

Block endurance from Chivalry: you cannot spam blocks forever. You have blocking endurance based on blocking skill and str/con stat. If blocking durability is depleted you cannot use blocking move for some time, lets say 10 secs.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Nothing that stuns you belongs in a skill-based combat system.

It would be ridiculous to have people running through a group kicking people and freezing them in place for their team mates to cut down while they can't move.

I agree that blocking is too effective, but I want them to handle it in a different way.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
No daze on kick, but we definitely need anti block/possibly anti cast kicks.

Blocking endurance is 100% needed

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Both sounds like 1v1 and zerg mechanics....especially the kicks.

There are two issues with your blocking endurance suggestion. The first is that its based off of str/con stat. Why would you want it that way? That makes the already meta builds even more meta and hybrids and mages even more gimped. If anything it should be based off your dexterity since that would only effect fat mages (as it should) and give dex builds a little more of an edge (which they desperately need).

Secondly, it can't be as simple as your stats and blocking skill since there are tons of different weapon choices and they all have different attack speeds and stamina drain. So the issue is lightweight spam weapons will become the meta to force you to deplete your enemies stamina.

Then if blocking takes too much stamina, kinda like it did once upon a time in MO1, you're just going to have people doing the figure 8 again and trying to dish out the highest dps.

I'm not saying there isn't an issue with combat, but I don't think these are good suggestions.

(a little off topic, but I do think getting hit while charging a bow should interrupt your pull)

Reactions: Rorry