I wouldn't take a genius...

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
...to see I was unhappy playing the game as a solo mage. It was a very painful and unsatisfying experience from the start. Why would a person expose themselves to such a negative experience? Perhaps if the rewards were worth it...but let's say...the rewards were just more painful BS?

I loved UO, and this game reminded me of it, but to think that magery is some kind of 'kewl-dude' mode after the gang of scrubs that swipe weapons left and right...you are very wrong. magery is SHITE. As is taming and domination.

Just stay archery and dexxer,

I wont change my build because I spent weeks making it.

Also, being killed over and over and over by local wolves or random PK's/drowners makes me see tehre are no real repurcussions for pking or drowning people and pets suck assdespite the effort needed to make them worthwhile.

There is no balance.

I am out.

koruun

Feb 8, 2022
Can I have your stuff?

Also, I hope they never buff taming. You ever been jumped on by Terrorbirds/Snapping Turtles while being shot in the back by otherwise awfully bad players?
Would be better off if they just disable it for bigger beasts so you "i Am a tAmEr bY vOcAtIoN bUt sO brOkEn" guys can shut up.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sadly magery is not a noob friendly class, cuz it ain't that efficient in PVE, its hard to get clades and spellbooks are expensive. Mages are often forced to be hybrids, but a good alternative for the low STR requirement would be a dagger mage at the expense of losing some atribute points to STR and some skillpoints to daggers.

Reactions: Bladeer01

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
...to see I was unhappy playing the game as a solo mage. It was a very painful and unsatisfying experience from the start. Why would a person expose themselves to such a negative experience? Perhaps if the rewards were worth it...but let's say...the rewards were just more painful BS?

I loved UO, and this game reminded me of it, but to think that magery is some kind of 'kewl-dude' mode after the gang of scrubs that swipe weapons left and right...you are very wrong. magery is SHITE. As is taming and domination.

Also, being killed over and over and over by local wolves or random PK's/drowners makes me see tehre are no real repurcussions for pking or drowning people and pets suck assdespite the effort needed to make them worthwhile.

There is no balance.

I am out.
Valid complaint. Mages always needed a better PvE/solo friendly magic school. But for some reason people like to leave mages as a "support class". A magic school like staff magic could have fixed all this. Yet, we have Ecumenical, Spritism, and soon Necromancy.

Its just weird. If you want to play a mage you're kinda fucked when it comes to solo farm. Sure getting a pet helps, sure using a dagger helps, but that changes your build.

So yeah dude, I don't blame you. For some reason after 10 years SV still doesn't see an issue with this. Best part is you can only make once character now as well.

Reactions: CrgHck and Teknique

Akaza

Jan 31, 2022

There is no balance.

I am out.

i agree with you but there will be magic schools that let you move while attacking and should make it alot better for mages overall. my character is made as a mage but for now he is stout and a melee archer user until they add some cooler magic schools. also taming is getting a complete rework you, instead of you just sending the pet to attack you will be able to control their attacks and generally have more control over your pet which seems fun. henrick talked about it on stream months ago but when that will be implemented idk

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
i agree with you but there will be magic schools that let you move while attacking and should make it alot better for mages overall. my character is made as a mage but for now he is stout and a melee archer user until they add some cooler magic schools. also taming is getting a complete rework you, instead of you just sending the pet to attack you will be able to control their attacks and generally have more control over your pet which seems fun. henrick talked about it on stream months ago but when that will be implemented idk
The issue with what you're saying is its all stuff that is "planned". This should have been in the game from the beginning. You said it yourself, you mage your mage a stout melee archer until they add some cooler magic schools. Unfortunately, you're gonna be waiting a good long while.

Reactions: Najwalaylah