How do stolen items work ?

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
This has been confusing me for a while. So, some time ago I was robbed or several full stacks of granum by a big group of bandits near city. Since it was so close to the city, they just killed my horse, quickly chased me away and near instantly looted it and rode away.
Meaning, they had to load all of that granum into their horse bags since otherwise it would dismount whoever picked it up due to beiing overloaded.

Now, I try to do the same but so far I haven't been able to find out how they did it. When I murder someone and attemt to steal things off their body, all the items are marked as stole for around 2 minutes or so. During that time, these items cannot be slip, dropped or moved to horse bags and they also will stay on the ground as stolen items infinetly until they dissapear.

I tried several different ways to pick them up but not luck in figuring it out.

Does anyone know how could they have done it ? From what I've experienced, if you steal large quantity of items at once, your only option is to sit there overloared for 2 mintes until these items become legit so that you can put them on your horse.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
well , it's simple ,; take what the people can carry on themselve then destroy ( drop ) the rest , welcome to mortal :d

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
well , it's simple ,; take what the people can carry on themselve then destroy ( drop ) the rest , welcome to mortal :d

I guess that is a possiblity. Still I feel like I'm missing something. It felt far too fast on how they picked all that granum up and disappeared with it. You can't destroy stolen items so they couldn't have done that in such a short time.

Maybe they somehow spread it throughout each other since there was really a lot of them.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Is it possible that you hit one of them that was not grey so you went grey before they killed you?

Could have been easy to do if there was a group of them and you tried to defend yourself.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Is it possible that you hit one of them that was not grey so you went grey before they killed you?

Could have been easy to do if there was a group of them and you tried to defend yourself.

No I bolted for the city without doing any damage to them. The most likely outcome is that it took me longer then I though and the loot just turned to normal after beiing stolen or they spread it between each other.

I was just wondering if I'm missing something when it comes to stolen items and how they're looted. So far it sounds like they work as I described since nobody pointed out any way to put stolen item into your horse bags.

Reactions: Amadman