Guards Thread Suggestions/Rant

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
How many horses have to die in banks before the guards actually move and try to do something.

LIST OF CURRENT KNOWN GUARD PROBLEMS:

1.)Guards Spawning in mid air

2.) or stuck between buildings lol.

3.) Known Snipe Zones in Towns (Just Shoot a Arrow roughly 20 feet away from any guard and you can kill a players horse in the bank or the player and somehow get away without the guards even noticing) There is even areas where you can attack other players without ever worrying about the guards in the center of town, not in a dark alley.. But in the center of town where guards are right there wtf.

4.)House/Building Climbing/Jumping... If you climb on top of the environment you can jump onto one house and then another and once you are high enough you can shoot at people or horses and guards won't do anything. Sometimes it's possible to glitch yourself on the 2nd floor of Fabernum Bank and shoot at players directly below you. Some people can see you and some can't??? Very confused about this lol.

5.) Guards can be out ran by most builds too lol.

6.) It seems to be that it doesn't matter if a guard is right next to you when you are being shot. But rather if a guard is near the enemy player shooting at you. Then again there are days it seems the Ai decides XD

GUARD QUESTIONS:

1.) Are the Above things intentional to allow griefers easier ways to kill you in the city or is there plans to change anything?

2.) On persistence/Game Launch Day, when a guild takes over a town, are we able to make the town safer with more guards?

3.) Has Sv mentioned if we can make our own cities with our own city design/layout of Npcs and buildings? Or will this be limited to guild kingdoms?

SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT:

1.) When a Guild takes over a town, for the cost of gold please allow us the option to have more guards in our cities, and choose spawn zones.

2.) Allow guild town take overs the option of increasing guard stats for more gold. (Extra Movespeed, Extra Line of Sight)

3.) Make a City Mayor Npc, if you report a Criminal to the Mayor it makes them a Criminal for a hour rather then 2minutes. In 2 minutes i can barely revive, get my spells out of bank, equip my armor and get a horse before the player is long gone without penalty. It leaves no room for counter play and makes the whole criminal situation a non factor... The idea behind the criminal Debuff is that if you attack someone then you have to deal with that player + the guards. Because players can hide in plain sight and the guards Ai is stupid and because they only have to be safe for 2 minutes it makes it so the criminal system doesn't really affect game play or do anything of what it is supposed to do.

4.) Guard Towers Idea. Guards stationed in Towers have more line of sight?

5.)Guard gates? Gate around bank for example or a door that you have to open/close for added safety?

6.) Increased Horse Hp/Ability to Breed animals for different stats... Example Pierce Defense/Hp? For Slag Hauler Designed Mounts.

7.) I made a post about a year ago about a idea about a armored Caravan being pulled by Minotaurs/Campodons and other creatures. Had Guards to defend it and It was a gold sink, that costed a lot of gold but provided a ton of safety to materials gathered as well as having a ton of slots many more slots then just a horse or molva and was meant for gathering a large abundance of supplies... Be it wood, Fish, Ores whatever. People told me the developers actually confirmed this idea and will make it a real part of the game. I'd like to know will the Caravan actually be Armored? Have a ton of Hp? Have guards on it? What's the deal with the Caravan i'd like to know what features were confirmed.

FINAL THOUGHTS/FEEDBACK: I don't mind being killed, it's part of the game and i enjoy the occasional murdering as well. With that being said, it seems like a false sense of security is in place when i am standing in bank surrounded by guards in a blue town thinking i am safe and then myself or my horse dies while i am using the bank function. If i was in Jungle camp i'm all for it lol. Or Outside the town or in town headed towards broker near that dark alley lol. Or if the game had no guards then i know what to expect... But in the bank of all places where there is guards near me again and again and i am looking at the guards thinking wtf lol.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
We talked to Henrik about this issue on the last stream, there will be a change that it’s a real crime for killing someone’s horse. I can’t remember all what he said, just check out the last stream ^^

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Remove guards. Hiding behind guards is more of a issue in my view. Guard hugging, getting the enemy to go grey after you fake miss a attack to lure a guard or run back to guards.

Stable your pets its one silver. Dont AFK with gear on, and dont log out with gear on unless you spawn in spot is hidden. IDK how people are dying or losing horse.

Snipes spots are fine, why should a guard by omniscient to every crime that occurs. If some one is glitching to spots that shouldnt be like 2nd floor of fab bank then report them.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
While I am not a big fan of guards, not having them changes the nature of the game substantially. A person has to wait to do most everything when their group is online in force and if the group is not strong enough then it either joins a mega alliance or its members drift to other games except to log in occasionally for a fight. In short it becomes less of a living active world.
As an example, we saw this with various groups living in Kran and Gk over time in MO. 90 percent of the time those towns were empty except for a naked scout. The other 10 there was fighting/crafting/gearing up.
It is not in SV's interest to build the game to where people play something else for a high percentage of the time.

Reactions: Woody

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Remove guards. Hiding behind guards is more of a issue in my view. Guard hugging, getting the enemy to go grey after you fake miss a attack to lure a guard or run back to guards.

Stable your pets its one silver. Dont AFK with gear on, and dont log out with gear on unless you spawn in spot is hidden. IDK how people are dying or losing horse.

Snipes spots are fine, why should a guard by omniscient to every crime that occurs. If some one is glitching to spots that shouldnt be like 2nd floor of fab bank then report them.
That's the thing though most the time no one is afk when this stuff happens. Literally just 30seconds in bank and then trying to get out an move past the other people. But that's where the problem occurs. There is this one guild in the game "Guttersnipes", they go between the towns killing horses. One of their guys a player named Thymatical, He doesn't even play the game he logs off at the bank and will log in like every hour and if he sees a horse he starts shooting it. He's pretty much terrorized the entire town for over a month, there's zero counter play because he's one of those speedy run around builds that jumps on houses. Most of the town is a Oghmir or thursar an can't catch him. Some of the players have even started paying him 5g lol just to get him to stop killing horses. The Player himself isn't even good it's just if you have your back turned looking in your bank by the time you turn around horse is dead and he's climbing a building or sniping from a area in town where guards won't kill him. One day i decided to wait for him with all my spells and everything ready, and i killed him on repeat for like a hour thought maybe that would run him out of town, he just comes back a hour later. He literally started crafting armor from his own skin the second he'd spawn just to try killing other horses and running on buildings. The moment he's on a building it's over you can't catch him after that. Or if he kills you first from far away out of guards line of sight after you spawn you can try getting your weapons out of bank to go kill the bastard but one time i went to hit him and he logged off, another time went to hit him and he wasn't even grey anymore. No one likes this guy in town and everyone knows he's a problem that just takes advantage of bad guard Ai. We have like scouts in the town now that say, "Hey guys stable your horses ThyAssical just logged in again". It's not a matter of skill it's just 1 idiot running around taking advantage of bad line of sight of guards.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
While I am not a big fan of guards, not having them changes the nature of the game substantially. A person has to wait to do most everything when their group is online in force and if the group is not strong enough then it either joins a mega alliance or its members drift to other games except to log in occasionally for a fight. In short it becomes less of a living active world.
As an example, we saw this with various groups living in Kran and Gk over time in MO. 90 percent of the time those towns were empty except for a naked scout. The other 10 there was fighting/crafting/gearing up.
It is not in SV's interest to build the game to where people play something else for a high percentage of the time.
Well yeah exactly i mean I've played Mo1 enough to have died weird deaths enough times so im used to it and will continue playing. But it's not real good to keep the new players around if they are standing next to a guard and dies and the guard does nothing but stand still. I mean i keep a supply of horses in town and once i am down to 2 horses i go for a horse run to get some more. I haven't actually lost a horse to real pvp, i lose them when i am in the bank. But i do a lot of mining and resource gathering so i need the horse near me to unload the items to the bank......

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I lose them when i am in the bank. But i do a lot of mining and resource gathering so i need the horse near me to unload the items to the bank......

Rule number one of Mortal Online 2 is not to take horses to the bank. If you do better be quick. You should be able to run in and off load in 5 seconds. Then you can hop on and leave before people notice.

Treat the game like its the hood. You roll up some where you gonna be lucky if you just find your car on blocks and not gone completely.

Reactions: Bicorps

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Many cities also have just a few guards wich also feels kinda off.
In the center of some cities someone could easy kill you and escape.
The guards that roam roam too far and the ones that stand still hardly ever do their job lol.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Rule number one of Mortal Online 2 is not to take horses to the bank. If you do better be quick. You should be able to run in and off load in 5 seconds. Then you can hop on and leave before people notice.

Treat the game like its the hood. You roll up some where you gonna be lucky if you just find your car on blocks and not gone completely.
I live in the hood and most the time it's just a bunch of crack heads begging you for money or weed while they use a flash light to look in your garbage can.

• Haha
Reactions: Goltarion

bigboy

Aug 5, 2021
here is my idea for the guard, bounty, and criminal system in general

1. Enabling the players to become a city guard with a full fledged guard factions in the game. If the AI guard having an issue, then it lies to the players to stop griefers and criminals.
2. Guard faction were managed solely by the players. which consist of sheriff, marshal, and officers, and non-faction parties such as informant and snitches.
3. Guard faction provides more supply and equipment for aspiring players who wants to be a guard. Buffing players who act as a lawman could guarantee safety for every cities that is supposed to be a safe zone and makes griefing more difficult
4. Enabling a police-like factions could create a new meta of cops vs criminal to the open world
5. A crime system that is more sensical and consistent. currently, you can be flagged as criminal for accidentally hitting your ally during battle. In order to fix this issue, every "criminal acts" including ceasefire, should have been marked as evidence that could be reported to the City guards. where's the player factions could make an investigation to track the evil-doers and put a bounty on criminal players.

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
here is my idea for the guard, bounty, and criminal system in general

1. Enabling the players to become a city guard with a full fledged guard factions in the game. If the AI guard having an issue, then it lies to the players to stop griefers and criminals.
2. Guard faction were managed solely by the players. which consist of sheriff, marshal, and officers, and non-faction parties such as informant and snitches.
3. Guard faction provides more supply and equipment for aspiring players who wants to be a guard. Buffing players who act as a lawman could guarantee safety for every cities that is supposed to be a safe zone and makes griefing more difficult
4. Enabling a police-like factions could create a new meta of cops vs criminal to the open world
5. A crime system that is more sensical and consistent. currently, you can be flagged as criminal for accidentally hitting your ally during battle. In order to fix this issue, every "criminal acts" including ceasefire, should have been marked as evidence that could be reported to the City guards. where's the player factions could make an investigation to track the evil-doers and put a bounty on criminal players.
It's a good idea but they already have guards in the game i don't think they would take them out to replace them with players. In a sense we are already guards when someone goes Grey or Red we can safely attack that player without becoming criminals ourselves. The main thing we need is for them to make guards quicker and their line of sight further and for there to be more guards in more areas in towns then there currently is. But whatever they do, they need to do it quick i just saw a post about a guy who says he is constantly killed in Fabernum and that is telling about what can happen to the new player base.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Many cities also have just a few guards wich also feels kinda off.
In the center of some cities someone could easy kill you and escape.
More guards in towns in different locations would be really helpful. As well as guard towers to snipe the players who run on buildings.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
the thing is , let's compare mortal to eve online ( i play eve , and gank are an everyday thing there )

here what happen if someone gank another in a high security zone

so , gank in eve happen most of the time either when you take a warp gate or get out of a station ( because there is a time lag when you are targetable )
at that moment there are huge load of mechanic that make either camp ( ganked vs ganker ) be able to be more harmful/efficient ( for ganker ) or more tanky/fast ( ganked ) while waiting for police ( guard in mortal ) ;

if ganker(s) win , the ganked die , one of their friend take the loot and gankers die to police 100%

if police come faster and ganked survive , ganker die and ganked get to live/repair/ get the fk out etc

so , doensn't seem like much difference right ?

in fact there are some crucial one

1) a horse is easy solo-able by any naked even if it's a big dick expenxive armored horse ! while in eve , to catch someone solo you need to have specific thing , so ganking become a minimum investment and a bet at the same time ; spend big to kill big
don't speak about molva , , give 4 player a bow and it's the same , for a much bigger loot ( probably )

1) B )
in mortal you can solo those gank ; and the biggest hauling mount , molva in mo1 i think , needed 4 player max to easyly kill

in eve you can gank a big ass ship with tiny fly like ship ; but you need 10 to 50 people to do that !

2 ) well it's very documented on the forum , but too much guard exploit ; in eve , you do wrong , you die , end of it

3 ) the biggest of them all , you can compare bank in mortal to station in eve

station in eve ( if you can dock in it ) are 100 % safe

bank are not , even like no different than street
let's talk about mortal ; full-loot , pvp related ; mediaval like , realist pvp system , magic

why not just give a buff when IN bank idk , something like " god of gold buff " >> +1000 % hp + 2000% defence that go away if you take any agressive action or leave bank

something that make you HALF immortal ;

that way , you are way safer , BUT gank can still be done IF you manage to get a group of 10 people

ppl will camp gate because of that ? it already was a thing in mo1

ppl will abuse guard by being toxic or thing like that ? already a thing

so sry for the big line and all

1 ) just give a us fully fonctional , reworked guard system

2) rework criminal system in town , wild plain are wild plain !

3) make the bank safer !