GTX vs RTX in MO2?

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
If you want to run higher resolutions like 1440p or more use an RTX 30 series. Game runs just fine at 1080p with a GTX 1080ti. Bigger fights and level streaming are an issue for any hardware of lesser specs.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
If you want to run higher resolutions like 1440p or more use an RTX 30 series. Game runs just fine at 1080p with a GTX 1080ti. Bigger fights and level streaming are an issue for any hardware of lesser specs.
I was thinking graphics, like you know that vid on youtude that has minecraft & minecraft RTX side by side?

D

Deleted member 44

You want to know if the game has ray tracing?

RTX does not equal ray tracing. RTX is a series of Nvidia graphics cards.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
I know just having a RTX won't give a game ray tracing if it isn't a feature of the game.

D

Deleted member 44

I think that's where I am confused by your question. Ray tracing is a rendering technique and RTX is Nvidia's brand name for the technique. The RTX brand name is also used as classification for Nvidia's graphic card line(s). Ray tracing is not limited to Nvidia's graphics cards.

Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Engine 5 support ray tracing with UE5 supporting the new Lumen global illumination solution.

Given that it will be easy for SV to transition to UE5 as they are currently on UE 4.26, it should be easy for them to implement Lumen and hopefully Nanite.

Additional Information...