From an HC gamer but a casual MO2 player

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Cosmetic option in a cash shop are the bane of most hardcore players existance.. why would i play the game for hours upon ours to get some good skill to develop some cool looking and well working gear when another person can go buy a "skin" for 5 bucks and run around with a golden god set of armor.

cash shops are the worst things for the player base but are great for greedy companies to make money.

SV has taken a stance against this by saying they will never have a cash shop in this manner. the day they do everyones time they have sinked into the game becomes worthless.

Lunotto

Jan 25, 2022
Cosmetic option in a cash shop are the bane of most hardcore players existance.. why would i play the game for hours upon ours to get some good skill to develop some cool looking and well working gear when another person can go buy a "skin" for 5 bucks and run around with a golden god set of armor.

cash shops are the worst things for the player base but are great for greedy companies to make money.

SV has taken a stance against this by saying they will never have a cash shop in this manner. the day they do everyones time they have sinked into the game becomes worthless.
How can cosmetics effect the gameplay? You craft items for better stats. comsetics will have 0 stats . Whats the point?
Paying a monthly for have this mess of a game is worthing nothing to players, and will sink the populations make the game feel empty and making the devs work even slowly.
Having another way to makes incomes without losing players can be a way to stay alive.
Sincerly guys, the game still an unfinished product, and not because MMO are always in development, but because it miss basic things.I like it, but is bright as sun that SV are not working good.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
i thought it was worth a sub in ue4.
ue5 launch has been a hot mess.
I honestly can't afford to sink the time into the game but the sub fee is really minimal.

For me, $15/mo is not a dealbreaker.
reading through this thread, it seems like people are listing a lot of dealbreakers that have very little to do with the sub fee.

It seems like people are talking more about why they don't want to PLAY not why they don't want to PAY.

It might be a good idea for SV to have a sub-free weekend every month or so, so that everyone who owns the game but don't have an active sub can log in and check whether or not they think the game has improved enough for them to want to actually play it. Because I think a lot of people want to keep an eye on this game but can't justify actually playing it.

But I stand by my assertion that if you're willing to sink time into the game than you should also be willing to pay a nominal fee. There's people with thousands of hours in the game complaining about the sub. If you log in for 8 hours a day and a sub fee is a dealbreaker, you really need to get a job.
for most of us.. at least my guild, we all quit after ue5 bad performance and new system required. new question.. it is worth upgrading my pc (1000-1500euro) just for this beta state game? i dont know. sub wasnt the real problem for us.

Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
So .. SV sold 110k tickets to a concert venue with only about 2000 seats and now wants a monthly subscription before making sure everyone who bought a ticket, can actually fit inside... nice. That kinda stings me a little tbh. The game has not a single completed feature. Alchemy ingredients are missing, cooking is a joke, mining/woodcutting is incredibly mindnumbing, hunting is boring since most NPCs share the same AI, Combat is clunky and totally unbalanced, movement feels sluggish, Armors and weapons aren't balanced at all ( Heavy Armor, Towershields, some weapons are simply better than others) Pets aren't fully implemented and also not at all balanced and the whole TC/siege system fell flat on its nose because it was added in piece by piece without giving it ANY thought it seems. Just pushed out, so the CEO can boast about it on stream. I dont feel confident giving my money to people who think all the bugs/inbalances have less of a priority than "better lighting".

Reactions: Highlander

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
So .. SV sold 110k tickets to a concert venue with only about 2000 seats and now wants a monthly subscription before making sure everyone who bought a ticket, can actually fit inside... nice. That kinda stings me a little tbh. The game has not a single completed feature. Alchemy ingredients are missing, cooking is a joke, mining/woodcutting is incredibly mindnumbing, hunting is boring since most NPCs share the same AI, Combat is clunky and totally unbalanced, movement feels sluggish, Armors and weapons aren't balanced at all ( Heavy Armor, Towershields, some weapons are simply better than others) Pets aren't fully implemented and also not at all balanced and the whole TC/siege system fell flat on its nose because it was added in piece by piece without giving it ANY thought it seems. Just pushed out, so the CEO can boast about it on stream. I dont feel confident giving my money to people who think all the bugs/inbalances have less of a priority than "better lighting".
cant agree more. we only enjoyed griefing players and some pvp. the game in general is boring and bad implemented. i cant understand how people keep farming over and over same shit or doing "dungeons"

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
ah yes, il may subscribe for a month if they had a rideable feline... nothing against dog lovers... but i want a cat or at least my likyators...

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
for most of us.. at least my guild, we all quit after ue5 bad performance and new system required. new question.. it is worth upgrading my pc (1000-1500euro) just for this beta state game? i dont know. sub wasnt the real problem for us.
real
I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade my rig for years. I finally have it but they also gave me that excuse during christmas season. I'm sorry, I'm not going to buy myself stuff for christmas, I've got too many children.

Every single group fight I'm in, there's at least a small handful of people lagfreezing. It's funny, most people have like a gentleman's agreement, when someone just stops dead during a teamfight, leave them alone, the poor guy is getting UE.5'd