Feint / Pirouettes

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Hello,

Tried many times to do feints / pirouettes during the fight, but I still do not understand how it works.

One player explained me :

1. Need to fully charge left or right attack
2. Need to press walk / feind / interrupt spell key binding
3. Need to carry out mid attack.

I tried to do (section 3) even holding (and releasing) the feint key. Tried both mid-attacks (thrust and overhead) and my friend says I don't do a pirouette.

A) Can anyone write what am I doing wrong?
B) Is there a way to find out when I've done a pirouette if I am alone and no one can tell me that?

Thank you.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I really dont think you will get the answear here, the forum its just complaining simulator for what MO2 doesnt have.
I think you are pressing keys to long, I know that was my mistake to.

Got in Fabrenum town and spar in town square then ask there, you may get your answear.

Good luck

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Hello,

Tried many times to do feints / pirouettes during the fight, but I still do not understand how it works.

One player explained me :

1. Need to fully charge left or right attack
2. Need to press walk / feind / interrupt spell key binding
3. Need to carry out mid attack.

I tried to do (section 3) even holding (and releasing) the feint key. Tried both mid-attacks (thrust and overhead) and my friend says I don't do a pirouette.

A) Can anyone write what am I doing wrong?
B) Is there a way to find out when I've done a pirouette if I am alone and no one can tell me that?

Thank you.

The spin is done by setting mouse DPI really high while doing the other actions to feint. It is a bit of a trick but it can be done. Some of the poorer players set up macros to do them. Others just learned through muscle memory.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
The spin is done by setting mouse DPI really high

O LoL, I was convinced it was done by the game:))) Now I understand. Thank you.
So this bind walk/feint/interrupt is virtually redundant in my case - you can also cancel your charged attack by RMB.

That's a typical example of how many people cannot explain simple things they are doing:)

Just try to imagine why BigBadWolff told me it was his mistake too - holding keys too long. It's not possible to do a pirouette in the way I wrote:))

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Just buy a spinny feint macro from your local Levia or CTX player, you'll be spanking kids in no time.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
And last question:

There is a bind in options:

WALK / FEINT / INTERRUPT SPELL

What does do feint if you press the key? Is it just cancel the charged attack?
Is it the same effect as you pressed RMB?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
And last question:

There is a bind in options:

WALK / FEINT / INTERRUPT SPELL

What does do feint if you press the key? Is it just cancel the charged attack?
Is it the same effect as you pressed RMB?

It cancels the attack if you are holding lmb. Or it cancels the cast if you are casting a spell.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Spinning around while swinging is only half the battle. Its more important to ensure that when you pirouette with your pickaxe into a tree that you hit it at just the right angle to give you oghmium.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yes, you are right. But now I have no binded a key for feint and can cancel the attack just by CTRL.

I use E for feint key. Control is way too far down. all those pinky left hand buttons... lol muh handz. Bad enough to have to touch shift. When are games gonna have progressive sprint SHEIT.

I do a lot of block cancels, too, but that's actually bad. It's slower, it uses more stam. It's just a muscle memory mistake from 1. It might kinda mess w/ people sometimes, dunno? The real key is to get the perfect parry that transitions into a swing and get the perfect swing that transitions into a parry and then you will be ok :D

You should technically be able to do this to most people who aren't EU haha.

Reactions: Raimbow