Feedback on the Kramps' event

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
First for reference you can check the data of my loot from the event:

So the event was rewarding enough but that was not the problem, picking bags randomly respawning around a main city full of guards in a full loot pvp game didnt felt like the most engaging gameplay, it was more akin to a tedious chore you do in theme parks MMOs rather than a sandbox game.

Lore wise it doesn't makes sense to me for these bags to be randomly spawning all over the place and the gameplay was super weak. Kramps wanting to share the wealth of an unlucky house owner was cool but the burning and pillaging lasting 10 days didn't make any sense.

So i hope that for next year we can have plenty of more systems set in place that help with the event

If we keep exactly the same system the first priority for next year should be fixing the different placement of the bags on each player client depending from witch node line you came into Tindrem, it felt super scuffed that some people saw the same bags in the ledge of rooftops while others saw them on the floor of the alleyways.

Also it would be nice to only be able to pick a set amount of bags per day or for the whole event, that will help the eventfulness and balance the rewards in a way that makes sense without damaging less dedicated players, you can make it so Kramps warn you to not be greedy and you get a special debuff on witch normal guards chase you out of the vicinity, as long as the buff is still on you you have to leash them, if you fight back with them you become criminal and killed by proper guards for example.
A way to exploit an event with these mechanics would be to use ether portals with a character with negative rep in Tindremic provinces but this can be easily solved by preventing portals in the area or setting the items as stolen after the criminal gets killed by guards.

Another option would be getting the rewards by talking with Kramps, these rewards should be tied to your current standing with Tindremic provinces so people leaving haven after two clades would get the lowest tier of rewards and if you have high standing with Tindrem and/or complete specific quest lines tied to the event you can get the highest tier rewards from talking to Kramps before the event finishes, for example a raffle bag with 16 to 20 inventory slots with a special icon would be pretty cool, as long as there is something unique and themed within the rewards is fine, it doesn't have to be crazy value.

The last option i have on mind would be for Kramps to be an actual SV staff member instead of a npc with just a few lines and for him to give you proper interactions, quests and the like while he polices the event or you play multiple possible minigames with him, like a prop night type of gameplay.