Everything is realistic in this game except...

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
fight.

Do not understand me wrong. I like this game and its mechanics, but in my opinion, what was missing is the headshots, so it means 1-shot-kill in case of a hit in the head.
I would also reduce healing eg: (10min CD).

Fights would be more natural then and even noob would have a chance to kill a master as it is in the reality.

Last edited:

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
fight.

Do not understand me wrong. I like this game and its mechanics, but in my opinion, what was missing is the headshots, so it means 1-shot-kill in case of a hit in the head.

Fights would be more natural then and even noob would have a chance to kill a master as it is in the reality.
I think that a lot of issues come from the TTK in this game. TTK for a guy in starter gear fighting a graveyard camper in steel is like 2 min of uninterrupted swinging, while the guy in steel can two shot the nub. I think that weakspots should apply to neck shots like they do irl. Same with any joint hit, unless wearing an armor that's designed to protect against them, but in real life these kinds of armors hinder the wearer considerably.

This would be a massive PITA to implement. Changing hitboxes and mechanics would kind of be a waste at the moment, but there needs to be some kind of mechanic that makes it possible for nubs to have a fighting chance against veteran players that have everything in game. As it stands it is literally impossible unless nubs outnumber vets 10-1. I've slapped around groups of 5 people in vendor gear while they repeatedly hit me for 3-5 damage and I'm smacking them with 60-80 damage. Obviously there needs to be a benefit to spending all this time getting good gear, but as is gear is 95% of the fight.

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
(...) As it stands it is literally impossible unless nubs outnumber vets 10-1 (...).

So they lied when they advertised that fighting was skill based? In reality, it's gear based:)

In the reality, I can stab someone in the head. Veteran or noob - death:) In this game as I wrote - everything is realistic apart from the fight.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
So they lied when they advertised that fighting was skill based? In reality, it's gear based:)

In the reality, I can stab someone in the head. Veteran or noob - death:) In this game as I wrote - everything is realistic apart from the fight.
Definitely skill based assuming similar gear between opponents, but that isn't usually the case. Weakspots should be more strike location based and less RNG. They shouldn't be easy to hit, but a two-handed sword to the neck should be enough to nearly dispatch anybody in the game regardless of the material of the weapon used. Because, well, it's realistic and gives everybody a mechanic they can use to win even when the odds seem insurmountable. Obviously I could poke a good handful of holes in this, but it's just an idea. Just the first thing that came to mind. There's got to be a way to develop a more realistic, robust system that actually allows for skilled players to outplay people that outnumber and outgear them.

Also, we seem to be missing basic medieval melee mechanics like guard breaks. If they introduced a guard break the skill ceiling would get wayyyyy higher, and allowed for just a bit more outplay potential.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
fight.

You actually can one shot kill. If you bring down a messing maul directly on a low HP character's head with an overhead I have seen that attack one shot people.

If they were to introduce a mechanic like that without huge drawbacks that actually would get commonly used. No thanks I'm out. I do not want to get one shotted at the opening attack to every fight if I'm standing still mining when I get attacked.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
I do not want to get one shotted at the opening attack to every fight if I'm standing still mining when I get attacked.
That's why some players can attack with impunity. The murderer should be hunted by the mercenaries like in GTA (star system). And like in reality (police). If you are mining and get surprised / attacked by eg: headshot you will probably lose anyway because player used the advantage over your position and health. He is well-prepared for the fight and you are totally taken aback.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
A veteran fighter with bone armor and weps will wipe the floor with a noobie in oghmium. So the game is indeed skill based in that regard.

Reactions: Jatix

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
A veteran fighter with bone armor and weps will wipe the floor with a noobie in oghmium. So the game is indeed skill based in that regard.
This is such a load of shit, You know for a fact bone weapons aint gonna do shit to oghmium.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
This is such a load of shit, You know for a fact bone weapons aint gonna do shit to oghmium.
So you are telling me bone weapons will do zero damage to someone wearing ogh and that they would not even have to block the attacks? My point was even if the bone weps only did one damage per hit to a noob ogh wearer the veteran player is still going to wipe the floor with a noob because he's going to block every incoming attack from the noob... Skill is the dominant factor regardless.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
That's why some players can attack with impunity. The murderer should be hunted by the mercenaries like in GTA (star system). And like in reality (police). If you are mining and get surprised / attacked by eg: headshot you will probably lose anyway because player used the advantage over your position and health. He is well-prepared for the fight and you are totally taken aback.
Nah. Time to kill in this game is long enough I can totally turn around a fight I got jumped in if the skill disparity is wide enough. I can also escape the majority of the time on an alvarin.

If you want to be able to kill a vet as a newb, train. The level of training you need to reach basic competence for group fights is not that high.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

depends on how nubby and if the nub breaks lol.

I remember in MO1, walking to sardu, and this red naked attacked me by his house in desert, and he was whittling me down a little. I was like :eek: I'm gonna lose to a naked w/ a short sword. I was in lite ish armor but still, unacceptable. Either way, I took a deep breath and finished him. MO2's parry system makes gear matter less, but I still think lite weps + ogh level protection would get a win for a large majority of people. Like there is nub (can't win) super vet (can't lose,) but most of the pop is in that 'gear matters' category. IMO at least.