Creating a crafter character.

Andysowhatgg

Jan 29, 2022
Hello, I enjoy the game so far. I try not to look on guides. Hopefully someone can look critically at what I am saying.

So I would like a crafting/farming character, which I believe takes a lot of skill points. I figured I need high intelligence, and I need some glade abilities to support that. I tried to click around making every character finding that humans, would get more skill points to use then with glades. Say a high intelligence oghmir. Can someone confirm this?

But I am not able to calculate how useful the glade gift of Alverin is. Giving the message of how likely it is to find rare material and the increased farming skills. I can see the benefit of increased mineral find. I simply don't care about this one, I gladly spend time farming. However what is this Message thing? Is this something I really have to invest into to do the high end crafting?

Thank you for insight.

For a last thought.

I think I am looking at Taming, Human, Sidoian. With support abilities to go in groups. Do you think age 60, is important to get every single skill I want for crafting?

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
make sure it human, humans get +50 profession skill as a clade then go what ever has most int in the human (Can make him old if u dont wanna pvp much) they get more int the older they are.

That being saidprofession often get bonuses with other stats too like daggers/bows also get bonuses from Dex and i think other melee weapons are str buti think int is universal.

you can probaly almost doevery crafting profession as a human with that clade :p
also can cheese the system and get ur profession to lvl 50 on allcrafts than take the human clade so you get the easy half done and cheese the remaining 50 points which take more XP to unlock viaclade bonus :p

Reactions: Andysowhatgg

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yea human is the best crafter, period. Not only is the +50 helpful, the 20% (was 50% iirc) book speed is very helpful, and the +10 lores goes really far as well. Ogh gets a lot more bang for their buck, but if you want to spec the most skills, it's human. Obv, you won't be taking all, but right now there are 10, I think potential +10 skills you can take, botany, adv dendro, metal, master, petro, alch dis, alch min, animats, scales, and tex. And that's not counting papy which I don't even think is in the game??

I personally advocate for human to have even more crafting/town buffs like +100 and +15, because they are not fighters really. They are the town class, every other class has a meta fighter build. Best you can do as a human is a Khur, which is cool but nothing out of the ordinary, and if you want intelligence, that's not gonna work, either.

Andysowhatgg

Jan 29, 2022
make sure it human, humans get +50 profession skill as a clade then go what ever has most int in the human (Can make him old if u dont wanna pvp much) they get more int the older they are.

That being saidprofession often get bonuses with other stats too like daggers/bows also get bonuses from Dex and i think other melee weapons are str buti think int is universal.

you can probaly almost doevery crafting profession as a human with that clade :p
also can cheese the system and get ur profession to lvl 50 on allcrafts than take the human clade so you get the easy half done and cheese the remaining 50 points which take more XP to unlock viaclade bonus :p

Wait, are you saying it give 50 points to each profession?

I thought it gave 50 points for me to spend...... ?!?!?

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Wait, are you saying it give 50 points to each profession?

I thought it gave 50 points for me to spend...... ?!?!?
I thought it was 50 to all i could be wrong i dont have a human, all the other clades automaticly get place that gives skill points in something so i would assume it be to all.