Confusion of Policy, Rules and Enforcement.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
There was a post on the MO2 Discord, as of 08/02/2022 at 3:21 PM, A message by Rombo.

Robmo Screen 1_08_2023.JPG
This Post was taken down as of 01/08/2022 From 5:00 to 6:00 PM, after discourse on the MO2 Official Discord General Chat.

God King Henrik Himself, had said on stream many times, that so long as the pets were created with a Ritual Table on the other side of the Invisible bridge of the necro-dungeon they were legal to have, meaning the players had to bring their own carcass across, and no living pet could be in the dungeon. These tables and candles were either brought into the dungeon or looted from the Risen Troll Chest, or Necro Boss Chest.

There is a spot in the back of the exits, where if you jump and attempt to trade a player you can trade them pets, items and materials. This has been a known fact for some time, many guilds have been using this to restock to stay within the Post Bridge section while not needing to leave and reconquere the dungeon. This is more of a grey area, however one fact remained, trading a Living Pet to a user in the dungeon and having it run up the side of the exit, was prohibited.

Now with the Implementation of teleporting pets, to make sure they keep up and are not lost to tamers a very good system mind you, The Discord notification, and Henrik's own remarks on the necro dungeon had not changed. The teleportation across the bridge, More than a few guilds had asked about this very thing to GMs. Such responses as far as many were concerned were gospal, and the rules had not changed.

Without any public discourse, or notification or announcement this was allowed to continue, while others were told by GMs to either look at the discord notification or a flat 'Not allowed' this has led to many guilds and players not bringing pets to the dungeon, however other guilds and players have continued to bring pets across the invisible bridge.

*Logging out inside of the dungeon was also prohibited, 'ALT-F4' or combat logging was not allowed, intentionally disconnecting from the dungeon was also prohibited, as far as Henrik was concerned. However the only way to update a Necropets level is to relog, or to stable and unstable it for its HP values to update, and its damage. However there were a handful of guilds who always seemed to have max level pets across the bridge, this would take hours of time, even with Animal Care. We are talking Four Pluse Hours. I am unsure how anyone may have missed this. For months now these guilds have been operating in direct opposition of a public statement made by the community manager on behalf of the developers, and we were repeatedly told that the team would handle this. Now, suddenly, without warning, we are told that the rules have changed, not from a new public post or announcement, but from a personal message by one of the GMs.

This is all very boring I'm sure, but let me get to it.

During the 'Fluxening' where many spiritualists were able to farm together and receive a large bonus of Flux just by working together, was deemed a legal action by GMs. There was no public notice of it, or condemnation of its actions.

However, what if without warning a GM or group arbitrarily decided on their own that such an action was in violation of intended mechanics after telling players such an action was fine? How many players would have been banned? If we take this to its logical end then many things may be in violation, what is no longer a violation? Is the bag glitch no longer a bannable offense? There has not been an announcement of it post the event, have the GMs decided that it is no longer note worthy?

The issue here is trust, if I cannot trust what is on the Discord as Policy and Gospel, how can I as a Law-Abiding Citizen of Nave reasonably expect to not be banned? What is and is not unlawful conduct within Nave? Will opening a portal in the bank be deemed obstructive gameplay at some point? Will I receve a strike on my account for 'Tax Evasion' helping a player without spiritism get boxes and now operate within the Ether?

How can I now have faith that when someone was banned, they deserved it?, I cheered for the Baggening, we all did.

Henrik The Power of God The Baggening Mortal Online 2.jpg

In the future, how can I cheer and be behind what should be a positive event for our community, with that kernel of doubt of how legitimate it seemed?

I love this game, I really look past all its flaws, for the future it is building. We all see the potential here; I want this game to succeed unlike other games that have tried in the past and failed. Henrik and his team have flaws, but they also have one of the best track records of commitment of any game developers I've ever seen. I however cannot overlook this clear violation of trust.

Will there be any action taken to prevent such a thing in the future, will anyone be held accountable. How do we move forward from here? I wish to know will this game have any reason for me to trust and continue playing or supporting this game.

Edit: Spelling Errors & Rewrote one Paragraph

Last edited:

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Yeah pretty annoying that there is such a miscommunication internally between teams and that SV don't properly publicly announce changes of policy.

For the longest time i tried to not bring pets past the bridge even if i knew plenty of ways to do so, but low and behold every time i went to necro dungeon there was people with max level pets on the other side when our guild mates back at that time were being told not to bring pets or else.

It feels super disheartening to be a player being negatively impacted by rules while others ignore them with impunity unless I'm there at the dungeon 24/7 policing and reporting, doing the job SV staff should be doing.

Also on top of that if you have publicly stated that such a behavior is forbidden and punishable, if you somehow change your mind for whatever the reason at least invest a little bit of effort into spreading your new ruling regarding the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasa

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
The largest issue is that SV has no clue what is and isn't possible in their game at any given time, so they might just randomly one day find the next "exploit" which has been going on for years etc. but they weren't aware of it and everyone assumed they were and it was fine. I feel it's incredible that this game has stuff you can do, but as a player you will never know for sure whether it is "intended" or not. Usually games are designed and built to restrict the players from doing anything exploitative, and if such rare thing is found it is fixed rather swiftly, but this game has way too many issues to even keep track of, speak of fixing em, so the players have to either choose to do everything the least efficient way possible and actively try to not be creative about anything to make sure that they don't get banned, or risk the random banhammer.

I think it's for example ridiculous that you can build strongholds, and the game restricts where you can place them, and yet still you can have for example trees nearby which you could hit with an axe to get some wood "safely", but apparently this is an exploit too (at least very potentially) even though the game literally does the checks for where a stronghold can be built..

Reactions: Daikos and Jasa

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Similar thing has happened with killing people in town, for the longest time i warned them that the system they had in place could be easily exploited, cause of grief and harassments. That it will lead to many people getting bullied out of the game. For example i know that at least a few people have quit the game after being gank with more than half their modest wealth 2-5k gold stuff that it took them months and months to get in the middle of town by known murderers playing the faulty systems in place.
I heave been dealing with this shit for months, more than half a year this has been my daily gameplay when im in towns, so far only two attempts at my life in towns out of 400-500 were successful because i have to be on edge more so than when im out in the wild.

This has been happening for forever, the only difference is the perpetrators had to use crawling hands a few times afterwards.
noted that I don't want to retroactively punish people that did this to me but i have been pushing for changes in the system since forever and nothing has been done, yet somehow it happens to other group and suddenly actions are taken.

At this point i feel like a second class citizen.

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
It feels super disheartening to be a player being negatively impacted by rules while others ignore them with impunity unless I'm there at the dungeon 24/7 policing and reporting, doing the job SV staff should be doing.
This has been my issue Ad Nauseum. The other day I had a bounty in town and chased him, lost sight of him for a second in fabernum while my wolves started pelting his horse. The damage suddenly stopped, and my crow came back and said target was nowhere to be seen. The GM said I need to provide a video to prove this is combat logging. In the amount of time, we spend going back in forth I run out of time in the day and have to go to sleep. The GM couldn't check that players combat log and investigate themselves? Is it my job to show Burdon of proof? They said I didnt do dmg to the player because the horse name is what showed up on combat log... such bullshit.

Another issue I had was similar, in the jungle a guy reported my guild member for lagging, he was then banned by the GM for playing for several hours and the GM kept kicking him. Right afer this I chased the guy into his house and he trapped me in there even though I pushed him to the other side of the house with my tower shield. He was clearly too far to close door and I blocked him from looking. I went through all the effort of recording and snipping and sending the video to the GM and got no response. Why do I need to do the GMs job? I dont get paid to investigate every issue for them just to be ignored.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
There was a post on the MO2 Discord, as of 08/02/2022 at 3:21 PM, A message by Rombo.

View attachment 5293
This Post was taken down as of 01/08/2022 From 5:00 to 6:00 PM, after discourse on the MO2 Official Discord General Chat.

God King Henrik Himself, had said on stream many times, that so long as the pets were created with a Ritual Table on the other side of the Invisible bridge of the necro-dungeon they were legal to have, meaning the players had to bring their own carcass across, and no living pet could be in the dungeon. These tables and candles were either brought into the dungeon or looted from the Risen Troll Chest, or Necro Boss Chest.

There is a spot in the back of the exits, where if you jump and attempt to trade a player you can trade them pets, items and materials. This has been a known fact for some time, many guilds have been using this to restock to stay within the Post Bridge section while not needing to leave and reconquere the dungeon. This is more of a grey area, however one fact remained, trading a Living Pet to a user in the dungeon and having it run up the side of the exit, was prohibited.

Now with the Implementation of teleporting pets, to make sure they keep up and are not lost to tamers a very good system mind you, The Discord notification, and Henrik's own remarks on the necro dungeon had not changed. The teleportation across the bridge, More than a few guilds had asked about this very thing to GMs. Such responses as far as many were concerned were gospal, and the rules had not changed.

Without any public discourse, or notification or announcement this was allowed to continue, while others were told by GMs to either look at the discord notification or a flat 'Not allowed' this has led to many guilds and players not bringing pets to the dungeon, however other guilds and players have continued to bring pets across the invisible bridge.

*Logging out inside of the dungeon was also prohibited, 'ALT-F4' or combat logging was not allowed, intentionally disconnecting from the dungeon was also prohibited, as far as Henrik was concerned. However the only way to update a Necropets level is to relog, or to stable and unstable it for its HP values to update, and its damage. However there were a handful of guilds who always seemed to have max level pets across the bridge, this would take hours of time, even with Animal Care. We are talking Four Pluse Hours. I am unsure how anyone may have missed this. For months now these guilds have been operating in direct opposition of a public statement made by the community manager on behalf of the developers, and we were repeatedly told that the team would handle this. Now, suddenly, without warning, we are told that the rules have changed, not from a new public post or announcement, but from a personal message by one of the GMs.

This is all very boring I'm sure, but let me get to it.

During the 'Fluxening' where many spiritualists were able to farm together and receive a large bonus of Flux just by working together, was deemed a legal action by GMs. There was no public notice of it, or condemnation of its actions.

However, what if without warning a GM or group arbitrarily decided on their own that such an action was in violation of intended mechanics after telling players such an action was fine? How many players would have been banned? If we take this to its logical end then many things may be in violation, what is no longer a violation? Is the bag glitch no longer a bannable offense? There has not been an announcement of it post the event, have the GMs decided that it is no longer note worthy?

The issue here is trust, if I cannot trust what is on the Discord as Policy and Gospel, how can I as a Law-Abiding Citizen of Nave reasonably expect to not be banned? What is and is not unlawful conduct within Nave? Will opening a portal in the bank be deemed obstructive gameplay at some point? Will I receve a strike on my account for 'Tax Evasion' helping a player without spiritism get boxes and now operate within the Ether?

How can I now have faith that when someone was banned, they deserved it?, I cheered for the Baggening, we all did.

View attachment 5295

In the future, how can I cheer and be behind what should be a positive event for our community, with that kernel of doubt of how legitimate it seemed?

I love this game, I really look past all its flaws, for the future it is building. We all see the potential here; I want this game to succeed unlike other games that have tried in the past and failed. Henrik and his team have flaws, but they also have one of the best track records of commitment of any game developers I've ever seen. I however cannot overlook this clear violation of trust.

Will there be any action taken to prevent such a thing in the future, will anyone be held accountable. How do we move forward from here? I wish to know will this game have any reason for me to trust and continue playing or supporting this game.

Edit: Spelling Errors & Rewrote one Paragraph

This is my primary reason behind wanting a complete and absolute wipe of the game with the launch of TC.

Sorry but with the list of exploits, bugs, abuse, and rule changes that have basically uprooted the entire core of the game. The few things you listed isnt the beginning of the number of "wishy-washy" decisions made by SV over the last year.

-Risar dungeon unlimited instant risar respawn without aggro at launch.

-Unlimited gold allowed through from haven at launch.

-speed hackers exploiting several major in game bosses for up to 2 months after launch. (while their initial items were removed with each banning the follow on items were not. So if someone bought or got those books, skills or items and exchanged them for the skill book needed and read it they did not lose it.)

-Pets farming dungeon bosses, again the Sator dungeon Vessel, Nitre Queen, Minotaur King, Clothos Queen, and every Troll. This was later disabled except the Trolls... but was allowed to go unimpeded for several months.

-Argos Sponge diving and selling, the price was nerfed several months after launch, allowing some groups to amass HUGE fortunes.

-Portal use to exploit dungeon bosses. Several guilds abused this for months. Using a spiritist with portals and mental projectile to kill the Minotaur king and the sator vessel with ease and without drawing aggro. This was changed but AGAIN nothing was done to balance the changes in the economy.

-Flux farming. Flux farming was abused by so many for so long that the price of flux was actually starting to balance out and had no lasting effects on the economy TILL SV decided to end it and give notification to the community. Which in turn lead to a massive increase in farming for days if not a week prior to the nerf. This means many people even to this day are sitting on hundreds if not thousands of gold in flux in their banks. (Yet I was told I was lying when I mentioned it on stream by Henrik.)

-Trinkets, trinket patch hit and they were broken, they were dropping with higher tier attributes on them instead of the correct attributes. They were nerfed approximately 48hrs later, but at that point several large groups had farmed them so much that there is a disproportionate amount of high tier trinkets on the market.

-The Bag exploit aka the baggening. This was a known exploit since the late beta early launch timeframe, it was abused by a large number of the community as shown by the numbers and I feel others got off with a slap on the wrist as they were complacent in helping SV in rooting out those who were the greatest abusers. Again while the initial items and accounts were removed the follow on effects were not. So any assets acquired after the initial transaction was not removed.

-Glitching into or out of houses/strongholds. This was abused so often that it later became a ban offense, but even after that it is STILL abused and very little if anything is ever done about it.

-Countless numbers of GM interactions where one time they will do something and others they wont do anything. The consistency between their action or inaction is akin to playing roulette.

-Halloween event. High number of higher end loot drops in the initial few hours of the even later nerfed into oblivion. To be honest I expected the same thing with the Krampus event.

In short the constant changes by SV has destroyed the rarity of some skills, like portals in the game to a select few who happened to be around when it was an easily abusable by one of the above systems. Same goes for any of the above issues. Oh you want a footie who hits like a truck harder then any other character in existence, here I have this pre-patch uber amulet from way back.... yeah remember when they said their was going to be NO legacy items in the game, oh.. I guess this doesnt count.

Oh you want to be a spiritist with portals, but you didnt play prior to 2022 June, well good luck raising the 12k gold for those books. Not that you will ever get your gold back from being a spiritist because they removed all of the functionality out of being a spiritist.

Right now it is just a race for patch day to exploit what ever the new bug is in game until SV patches it in the next 24hrs.

Kegbeard

Jan 15, 2022
Yep, Necro dungeon was super annoying. There was a public policy of no pets past the bridge.

A few months ago, we wiped a group with a risen taur dog that hit a player in armor for 50 damage. We get told risen pets past the bridge are ok if they were raised there (and not ported).

For those who know ritualism, your pet only raises in level after you relog (remember ALT F4ing is prohibited) or you stable. No way that thing was level 50. I explained it to the GM (they were unaware of how ritual pets didn’t benefit from levels until stabled) but the player continued to abuse it.

We come back a few weeks later to meet packs of dire wolves past the bridge. Public facing policy still says it’s bannable. GMs say otherwise! Eventually the public “No pet” policy is quietly removed! I understand that policy can change, but it should be done publicly and openly.

Players who break public policy should be punished.

Players who push limits (boss mechanic abuse, ye olde “spurt” casting, etc) should be warned and eventually banned IF their behavior is deemed abusive of mechanics and it continues after warnings- in some cases those abuses should be made visible as policy…. Don’t allow players to do something when it is publicly shared that it is not permitted.

Reactions: Jasa

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yep, Necro dungeon was super annoying. There was a public policy of no pets past the bridge.

A few months ago, we wiped a group with a risen taur dog that hit a player in armor for 50 damage. We get told risen pets past the bridge are ok if they were raised there (and not ported).

For those who know ritualism, your pet only raises in level after you relog (remember ALT F4ing is prohibited) or you stable. No way that thing was level 50. I explained it to the GM (they were unaware of how ritual pets didn’t benefit from levels until stabled) but the player continued to abuse it.

We come back a few weeks later to meet packs of dire wolves past the bridge. Public facing policy still says it’s bannable. GMs say otherwise! Eventually the public “No pet” policy is quietly removed! I understand that policy can change, but it should be done publicly and openly.

Players who break public policy should be punished.

Players who push limits (boss mechanic abuse, ye olde “spurt” casting, etc) should be warned and eventually banned IF their behavior is deemed abusive of mechanics and it continues after warnings- in some cases those abuses should be made visible as policy…. Don’t allow players to do something when it is publicly shared that it is not permitted.

Its only bannable if it is obviously exploited and is not in the favor of the bigger streamers or Hen's "vision".

Need I mention the exploit of the necro boss by just casting magic reflect on yourself and walking in and him insta-killing himself with his first spell.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
What I don't understand is why they dont make you unable to log off while in combat, even with alt+f4, forcing you to stay in game for x seconds if you try to combat log. Wouldn't this fix the issues?

Reactions: Jasa and Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What I don't understand is why they dont make you unable to log off while in combat, even with alt+f4, forcing you to stay in game for x seconds if you try to combat log. Wouldn't this fix the issues?

I thought it was the same as logging out in the wild, with that 120 second logout timer. And if you take ANY damage during that time it resets. But I havent tested it, one would have assumed it was already a thing. I mean its a thing even in Star Citizen and that is a half billion dollar tech demo.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
I thought it was the same as logging out in the wild, with that 120 second logout timer. And if you take ANY damage during that time it resets. But I havent tested it, one would have assumed it was already a thing. I mean its a thing even in Star Citizen and that is a half billion dollar tech demo.
what people usually do is get inside any open house and if you lose line of sight for more than 10 seconds they are gone, for example a footie rans inside a house i need to dismount charge a tlash then get inside, i thought he was bandaging but when i finally get inside he logs out

Reactions: Hodo

Deathstrik3

Apr 18, 2021
what people usually do is get inside any open house and if you lose line of sight for more than 10 seconds they are gone, for example a footie rans inside a house i need to dismount charge a tlash then get inside, i thought he was bandaging but when i finally get inside he logs out
There really needs to be a combat timer for things like this, if you dealt damage to anything, or if anything dealt damage to you within a certain amount of time, it should not be possible to initiate a logout by any means, regardless of location.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
There really needs to be a combat timer for things like this, if you dealt damage to anything, or if anything dealt damage to you within a certain amount of time, it should not be possible to initiate a logout by any means, regardless of location.
There is a combat timer the problem is combat is so clunky it is pretty easy to go 10-30seconds at a time to avoid damage.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
This is my primary reason behind wanting a complete and absolute wipe of the game with the launch of TC.

Sorry but with the list of exploits, bugs, abuse, and rule changes that have basically uprooted the entire core of the game. The few things you listed isnt the beginning of the number of "wishy-washy" decisions made by SV over the last year.

-speed hackers exploiting several major in game bosses for up to 2 months after launch. (while their initial items were removed with each banning the follow on items were not. So if someone bought or got those books, skills or items and exchanged them for the skill book needed and read it they did not lose it.)

-Pets farming dungeon bosses, again the Sator dungeon Vessel, Nitre Queen, Minotaur King, Clothos Queen, and every Troll. This was later disabled except the Trolls... but was allowed to go unimpeded for several months.

-Argos Sponge diving and selling, the price was nerfed several months after launch, allowing some groups to amass HUGE fortunes.

-Portal use to exploit dungeon bosses. Several guilds abused this for months. Using a spiritist with portals and mental projectile to kill the Minotaur king and the sator vessel with ease and without drawing aggro. This was changed but AGAIN nothing was done to balance the changes in the economy.

-Flux farming. Flux farming was abused by so many for so long that the price of flux was actually starting to balance out and had no lasting effects on the economy TILL SV decided to end it and give notification to the community. Which in turn lead to a massive increase in farming for days if not a week prior to the nerf. This means many people even to this day are sitting on hundreds if not thousands of gold in flux in their banks. (Yet I was told I was lying when I mentioned it on stream by Henrik.)

-Trinkets, trinket patch hit and they were broken, they were dropping with higher tier attributes on them instead of the correct attributes. They were nerfed approximately 48hrs later, but at that point several large groups had farmed them so much that there is a disproportionate amount of high tier trinkets on the market.

-The Bag exploit aka the baggening. This was a known exploit since the late beta early launch timeframe, it was abused by a large number of the community as shown by the numbers and I feel others got off with a slap on the wrist as they were complacent in helping SV in rooting out those who were the greatest abusers. Again while the initial items and accounts were removed the follow on effects were not. So any assets acquired after the initial transaction was not removed.

-Glitching into or out of houses/strongholds. This was abused so often that it later became a ban offense, but even after that it is STILL abused and very little if anything is ever done about it.

-Countless numbers of GM interactions where one time they will do something and others they wont do anything. The consistency between their action or inaction is akin to playing roulette.

-Halloween event. High number of higher end loot drops in the initial few hours of the even later nerfed into oblivion. To be honest I expected the same thing with the Krampus event.

In short the constant changes by SV has destroyed the rarity of some skills, like portals in the game to a select few who happened to be around when it was an easily abusable by one of the above systems. Same goes for any of the above issues. Oh you want a footie who hits like a truck harder then any other character in existence, here I have this pre-patch uber amulet from way back.... yeah remember when they said their was going to be NO legacy items in the game, oh.. I guess this doesnt count.

Oh you want to be a spiritist with portals, but you didnt play prior to 2022 June, well good luck raising the 12k gold for those books. Not that you will ever get your gold back from being a spiritist because they removed all of the functionality out of being a spiritist.

Right now it is just a race for patch day to exploit what ever the new bug is in game until SV patches it in the next 24hrs.
This is actually a nice summary. The problem with a wipe is that it doesn't solve future problems. Whats the point of wiping so that 6 months later you write a brand new list this long again. This game needs a " ___ days until last exploit." Once that reaches a reasonable number than the discussion can take place.

Reactions: Hodo

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021

Just made a post in a different thread highlighting the biggest issues I've found in all major dungeons. I freaking adore this game. Same as Jasa. I'll wear Henriks rose colored glasses and enjoy it, but with that comes an immense amount of hopium that the game succeeds.

I'll likely be paying sub regardless, but I'm a raging psychopath. You can't honestly expect the average gamer to have the time or patience to decipher the current issues in game. These combined with how broken all of the dungeons are, and the skill system that has some many weird idiosyncrasies for new players to learn are all going to drive any potential players the game has away from the game. Like... To use the skill system effectively you have to understand so many tiny little things that shouldn't be a problem. Why do skills STILL OVERFLOW 2.5 YEARS LATER? Why... When trying to level a child skill... Does the parent skill have to be unlocked? Just so it can overflow again? Like the most simple stuff that new players will see IMMEDIATELY needs to be fixed before epic launch and subs, and not for my sake or any existing player. This is so that new players want to stick around. We've all proven we'll deal with the jank systems and broken content, but for any real success to happen these small things need to change.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Just made a post in a different thread highlighting the biggest issues I've found in all major dungeons. I freaking adore this game. Same as Jasa. I'll wear Henriks rose colored glasses and enjoy it, but with that comes an immense amount of hopium that the game succeeds.

I'll likely be paying sub regardless, but I'm a raging psychopath. You can't honestly expect the average gamer to have the time or patience to decipher the current issues in game. These combined with how broken all of the dungeons are, and the skill system that has some many weird idiosyncrasies for new players to learn are all going to drive any potential players the game has away from the game. Like... To use the skill system effectively you have to understand so many tiny little things that shouldn't be a problem. Why do skills STILL OVERFLOW 2.5 YEARS LATER? Why... When trying to level a child skill... Does the parent skill have to be unlocked? Just so it can overflow again? Like the most simple stuff that new players will see IMMEDIATELY needs to be fixed before epic launch and subs, and not for my sake or any existing player. This is so that new players want to stick around. We've all proven we'll deal with the jank systems and broken content, but for any real success to happen these small things need to change.

I mean... why do we still not have a dismount timer for when you are knocked off your mount, a solid year and change since it was first brought up in beta?