Combat Logging

D

Deleted member 44

I just tried to log off after killing someone in the jungle and got hit with a, "You cannot log out message." So, SV, you're telling me that if I'm fighting someone and I attack them first, the aggressor is prohibited from logging out but the blue can run into a bush a combat log. I'm all for stopping combat logging but what does who started the fight first have anything to do with this. This just seem like another slap in the face of players who want to PvP in your PvP game.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People asked for a combat log out timer not a criminal log out timer. I think they only did this to stop people from killing a player then logging out to avoid the MC.

It should apply to anyone who was in combat not just grey.

Reactions: Ulysses

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
120 sec is a lot of time regardless. I think if you can get safe you should be able to log out. lol. It's SV bad design that you can't get a MC if you are logged out, imo. I respect combat logging, but it also feels good to catch someone trying to combat/field log.

I dunno, I see both sides of the coin I GUESS. It is wack to log in combat, but if you can get away for 120 seconds, unless you were shooting people w a bow and riding away w/e... then you should be able to log. Cuz I mean even if you WERE shooting w/ a bow and riding away, more time isn't gonna let them catch you. I honestly dunno why they increased the crim timer, either. Buncha weird changes.

D

Deleted member 44

120 sec is a lot of time regardless. I think if you can get safe you should be able to log out. lol. It's SV bad design that you can't get a MC if you are logged out, imo. I respect combat logging, but it also feels good to catch someone trying to combat/field log.

I dunno, I see both sides of the coin I GUESS. It is wack to log in combat, but if you can get away for 120 seconds, unless you were shooting people w a bow and riding away w/e... then you should be able to log. Cuz I mean even if you WERE shooting w/ a bow and riding away, more time isn't gonna let them catch you. I honestly dunno why they increased the crim timer, either. Buncha weird changes.
I can tell you don't go grey much. It's 240 seconds now.

Piet

May 28, 2020
120 for the log out I believe is what he means. so basically it's 120 for not combat logging and 240 to make sure you can't avoid MC.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

This here is proof people are not reading my posts lol. Worst part is I was agreeing with you.

Read it again, outloud :D Maybe shorthand is what fucks with people?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
You kids realise that you cannot logout as criminal right?

D

Deleted member 44

This here is proof people are not reading my posts lol. Worst part is I was agreeing with you.

Read it again, outloud :D Maybe shorthand is what fucks with people?
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I just read the first part and my brain turned off.

I'm not trying to insult you. You tend to write very lengthy post.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
I don't see how this thread makes any sense in most PVP scenarios were two people are trying to kill each other. But I do recognize this OP name in game as someone who just runs around as a Mounted Archer killing people's horses an pets than running away. It makes me think you tried to do this to someone than tried to log out to avoid being hunted down so you could hide an server hop but you were meant with the "You cannot log out message.".

If this really is the same Shmerrick from in game than I understand why you made this thread an I don't agree with you at all, because in a normal fight to the death combat logging is impossible but you don't fight to the death you kill players pets than run away.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I just read the first part and my brain turned off.

I'm not trying to insult you. You tend to write very lengthy post.

I'm good. Trust me, and I know sometimes I write words that aren't supposed to be there/homophones, or omit, etc. My brain is weird. Anyway, yea. lol Do u. But I do agree with OP. And when I start typing, it's hard to stop :eek:

D

Deleted member 44

I don't see how this thread makes any sense in most PVP scenarios were two people are trying to kill each other. But I do recognize this OP name in game as someone who just runs around as a Mounted Archer killing people's horses an pets than running away. It makes me think you tried to do this to someone than tried to log out to avoid being hunted down so you could hide an server hop but you were meant with the "You cannot log out message.".

If this really is the same Shmerrick from in game than I understand why you made this thread an I don't agree with you at all, because in a normal fight to the death combat logging is impossible but you don't fight to the death you kill players pets than run away.
This is a strange post. I am criticized for killing people and then I'm criticized for not killing people.

I had over 2000 murder counts in the beta and I'm closing in on 200 murder counts on the launch version, but sure.