City Reworks For New Player Retention

Culinary

Mar 11, 2022
The city of Toxai and Morin Khur need to be reworked ASAP. If not , then at the very least they need to be disabled as starting cities for new players.
SV You cannot expect an economy or player base to grow in these towns with the insane placement of NPC's , Large empty assets placed randomly, and the greatest sin of all.....The travel time to a horse Spawn. I cant for the life of me picture what was goin on in the design room when these two cities were designed, and put before players leaving Haven as an option.

One of the first things i did after leaving haven when i first started the game, was choose Toxai. I was like "Cool a fishing village". Within 15 minutes i realized how screwed i was when i had to run up that ramp. And how screwed this towns population and trade was going to be. So i Suicided and ghosted to MK. Oh boy same problem. Except this time i deleted the toon and started over in Haven. Yes these two towns are that BAD. Its akin to trolling from the devs.

Exetorius

Mar 11, 2022
Having not visited either of those places yet I cannot comment on how bad they are personally...

However rather than not allowing new players to start there, maybe put a difficulty warning on each starter zone? This could be in the form of a small description for the zone describing living conditions and population sparsity etc.

If you pump all the new players into say Tindrem, the economy there will crash and the overpopulation would result in constant PK'ing and a drought in available resource which will put off new players from even leaving town to migrate to other cities/towns.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Yes, both Toxai ramp and MK corridor are long like hell (and mk corridor doesn't even have guards) and can be boring to travel back and forth but those cities have some good stuff that other cities doesn't have: Toxai is one of the best cities for fishing, it have a Petrologist librarian (the other closest one is very far away), it have fucking good ingredients for alchemy that you can't find in the entire region of the map and offer you shady paths to reach unseen various part of the surroundings.
MK on the other hand is, with Vadda, the most central city of the Myrland letting you reach whatever place you want with ease, have a fucking Nitre Spider Queen Cave right next to it, is surrounded with an incredible amount of two of the three types of rocks you need to make steel, have big rice and cotton fields INSIDE the city with guards super close to it, convenient razorback spawns to grind free golds like crazy without competition and again, shady paths to reach important places without being seen.

And, you are telling me those two cities are BAD just because of long exits? Dude, as much as i hate traveling on those super long corridors (and trust me, i really do hate it), i think the only bad thing here is you as a player. Sorry to say this, but this is why new players should shut the fuck up about balancing and learn to play the game first, you need to realize that you know literally nothing about this game and for this reason you don't have a clear vision about what is good and what is not.

Boring? Yes. Bad? Totally not.

Reactions: Bladeer01

Culinary

Mar 11, 2022
Yes, both Toxai ramp and MK corridor are long like hell (and mk corridor doesn't even have guards) and can be boring to travel back and forth but those cities have some good stuff that other cities doesn't have: Toxai is one of the best cities for fishing, it have a Petrologist librarian (the other closest one is very far away), it have fucking good ingredients for alchemy that you can't find in the entire region of the map and offer you shady paths to reach unseen various part of the surroundings.
MK on the other hand is, with Vadda, the most central city of the Myrland letting you reach whatever place you want with ease, have a fucking Nitre Spider Queen Cave right next to it, is surrounded with an incredible amount of two of the three types of rocks you need to make steel, have big rice and cotton fields INSIDE the city with guards super close to it, convenient razorback spawns to grind free golds like crazy without competition and again, shady paths to reach important places without being seen.

And, you are telling me those two cities are BAD just because of long exits? Dude, as much as i hate traveling on those super long corridors (and trust me, i really do hate it), i think the only bad thing here is you as a player. Sorry to say this, but this is why new players should shut the fuck up about balancing and learn to play the game first, you need to realize that you know literally nothing about this game and for this reason you don't have a clear vision about what is good and what is not.

Boring? Yes. Bad? Totally not.

The level of ignorance and Dunning Krueger on display here is insane.I would imagine the dev that designed these two town are about as low iq as yourself.

First Off MK = Morin Khur , so your already wrong, its not in the center of the map with Vadda, unless you meant Moh Ki. In which case we have a bigger problem because apparently you cant read XD.

Secondly, if the only thing Toxai has going for it , is a petrologist and some alchemy reagents, which btw are not unique to Toxai, only hammers in my point.And no Toxai is not the best for fishing. Stop it, thinking is not your strong suit.

And lastly you did not adress the large empty assests , and the fact that new players spawn in without a mount in these Towns. They dont know about the positives of toxai becasue the negatives are so insane they will uninstall before they even think about fishing. And yes travel time and city layout , make or break the economy of a city, you know.....just like real life.

This ladies and gentleman is why older players should STFU and learn to read. Its an important skill in life. Honestly i dont know how you can embarrass yourself in such a short amount of time.

• Haha
Reactions: CrgHck

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
You clearly don't know what you are talking about but keep talking. As usual, you are not here to give constructive criticism and help the game develop but to vent your frustration on other people.
I'm so so sorry for you guys, i really hope life will get better for you! Good luck.

• Haha

Culinary

Mar 11, 2022
You clearly don't know what you are talking about but keep talking. As usual, you are not here to give constructive criticism and help the game develop but to vent your frustration on other people.
I'm so so sorry for you guys, i really hope life will get better for you! Good luck.

Oh so you bail the conversation when you realize how badly you just fcked up LMAO.
The least you could do is apologize, but bailing like a coward is what i expect from a toxic child.

• Haha

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
i haven't bailed anything, everything i said is correct and you can go and verify it if you want, you just refuse to understand that you lack in knowledge to talk about this topic so this discussion is pointless. Is clear you just want to vent on other people and i'm not available to absorb your frustrations.
Again and for the last time, i'm sorry for you. Wish you the best.

Culinary

Mar 11, 2022
i haven't bailed anything, everything i said is correct and you can go and verify it if you want, you just refuse to understand that you lack in knowledge to talk about this topic so this discussion is pointless. Is clear you just want to vent on other people and i'm not available to absorb your frustrations.
Again and for the last time, i'm sorry for you. Wish you the best.

Ah your one of those people. Double down on being wrong, after explicitly and objectively being proven wrong. You wont even mention the MK mix up LMAO.
And now your playing the victim after being the toxic one . Gotta love it . Your either a troll or the intern who was asked to design those two cities astroturfing .

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah some towns are more niche than others. The problem with Toxai is that besides having sea dew it's just a worse version of MK. I think that removing toxai hyllspellia as spawns would've been a good call

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
I hope SV change access to bankeer, cuz it stupid to stuck inside horses and people. I just have idea about it:
1) Make a windows with access from outside of building
2) Add some street bankeer like in MO1 and like a campfires in small city. (i mean with enough free space around of him)

About all others, i think Toxai be same in MO1 with free space with nothing (only trees)
MK - yes, most horrible city in MO2. IDK why they change it so much.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I fully agree. When SV had the opportunity to rebuild the entire map with MO2 and didn't rework Toxai, the worst town in MO history...was a little surprising to me.

More people live out of a small jungle camp than what could be an awesome port town with good fishing.