bow stam drain broken after patch

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
before patch with my 119 str I could use 119 / 120 bows with manageable drain on the stam.

Now I have to go under 119 around 118 / 117 str bows for my stam not to get drained, using 119 / 120 bows uses too much stam drain.

EDIT:

Even after maxing out aiming tech to 100 it does NOT bring it back to how it was before patch =/

EDIT 2:

I did not gain weight and got fat, have relogged many times to test.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Def seems bugged. However, bows do need a bit more stamina drain. Its silly to want no stam drain while standing still. Makes me wonder if they were trying to do that, but over-did it lol.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Alvarians clades now work. Seems like maybe all the prepatch bows will be bad for players. I think the devs had to adjust how stamina worked across the board and then make new bows to work with the new stamina to get the alvarians archer clade working.

The pre patch bows dont work for alvarians but the post patch bows do work perfectly for us now.

Reactions: ZVNII

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Alvarians clades now work. Seems like maybe all the prepatch bows will be bad for players. I think the devs had to adjust how stamina worked across the board and then make new bows to work with the new stamina to get the alvarians archer clade working.

The pre patch bows dont work for alvarians but the post patch bows do work perfectly for us now.
Mind explaining what was wrong the clade? I haven't been keeping up much lately.

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
Guys I made all these bows after patch.

The patch broke Stam drain on new bows for thursar from what I know.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Mind explaining what was wrong the clade? I haven't been keeping up much lately.
A couple of patches ago the devs did something to stamina drain on bows which cause both of the alvarian +10 str to bows to not completely work. Alvarians would drain about 5 stam a second from +.01-+20 over there str when it should have been acting like real str for bows.
Old bows before the patch would allow alvarians to after the patch regain stamina as if they had aiming tech, but new bows would do the opposite.

Reactions: ZVNII
D

Deleted member 44

Your bow is over 119 str, it requires 119.03, you don't have that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Olympeus
D

Deleted member 44

I trust the wisdom of a mounted archer 🙂
Thanks, I fixed the typo. To do the OP justice, there was a change, but probably not how he thinks. Previously your bow would work if your strength value to the value to left of the decimal point was equal to the bow strength value to the left of the decimal point. I suspect that somewhere in the code an integer value was changed to a float or vice versus.

The players bow strength requirement is 119.03.

int playerBow = 119
float playerBow = 119.03

int playerStrength

If heavy stamina drain is enabled when playerStrength < playerBow, we have a false result when an int is used and a true statement when the float is used.