Best Melee Weapons for Various Pings?

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Hi folks,

As the title states, is there any real difference to success with various weapons based on your ping? For instance, are slower harder hitting weapons worse for higher pings?

It seems regardless of my core role, I need to have some form of passable melee.

Thanks!

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The problem is more about blocking than attacking, so every weapon is fine. Although yeah two handed weapons are the meta. As for the exact type it depends on what you're fighting against. Blunts better for armored enemies and sharp better for naked ones

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Though I guess if you're really laggy you could use it to your advantage by using fast weapons that enemies will have a harder time blocking while you're lagging around. Though you're going to make a lot of people mad

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
If you have enough lag that opponents often dash a bit closer or further and you have a hard time predicting where they will be, use two-handed swords to minimize handle hits. Most other weapons are very sensitive to distance when swinging.

Also, if you are a mage or a mounted archer, you don't need to bother with melee.