Beast Mastery

Avary

Jan 15, 2023
I have played tamer and dominator actively for several hundred hours and I got solution for you.
I really like what you guys are trying to do with pets but its not pet user friendly mechanic.
If you want inside from players... I would change all beast mastery skills into attack left, attack right, attack up (overhead). Any pet would have attack - trust as a basic. And could not do anything else without it. Last skill would be something special.
Focus always regenerating as a stamina... capping at 500 (1000 when attacking), directional attacks cost 100 focus. Special skill 300-500 depending on creature. Directionals do not need aiming at target, only having a target. Also pets do not stop, while performing those.
This would kill 2 birds with a single stone. Please, look into it more from a gameplay side, and less from an art and expression side. This would shut every "one button" Andy and beast mastery would become reasonable. +Influence should give additional armor and magic resistance. Pets simply have NO survivability and are too big of a point sink.
Command on directional attack does not show in chat... If possible.
Its not so hard to balance pp also. I would love to help and put my lifeforce into the improvement of a game.
Also there is big missunderstanding between pets being "strong" and second side not being responsive to it. If you cannot parry, you blame your skill but it its pet its pets fault? No
Lastly, you should be able to have every single pet in the game 125 lvl, break point should be if you can have elder (101 lvl pet) with a horse lvl 0-1 or not. Thats only measurement needed to balance pp.

Reactions: Frelsa