Balance STEEL!?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
And why should steel even do good dmg to steel armors? You got messing and hammers for this. Swords and spears are not made to fight against heavy armors.
Please buff the sword meta. :D We ain't got enough sword players.

Unfortunately maces are just shit. The hitbox is so much fucked up. Almost quitted mortal until I switched to a different weapon class.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You are playing veela? You wont notice the dmg difference a lot. you should never do a lot of dmg as a veela.
Materials in MO follow the rules of diminishing returns. The higher you get the more you have to work for every single dmg stat. The same thing you call out between Jadeite and Steel can be sad about Pansar and steel. The line beween right balance and the weaker being useless is pretty thin and i think its good where it is.
And why should steel even do good dmg to steel armors? You got messing and hammers for this. Swords and spears are not made to fight against heavy armors.

just going off the hear-say that Henrik said he wanted the game balanced off steel. Steel --> heavy carp, that's a gap. MEGAN FOX that's a gap, no I don't really know much about megan fox, but I swear someone wrote something like that somewhere before. :eek: But yea the gap between Jade and Steel is not enuff, the diminishing returns should start at steel, which is supposedly base mat.

As for dmg, I want more dmg in general! I have a veela and a human. I dunno what else you could possibly need unless you want a crazy dmg bonus or to be tanky af. Mage, maybe! But ble... I'd tell everyone who is rolling w/ two accts to spec an elf and a human (For crafting.)

@Rhias yeah, they changed the shape of stuff. I really did like old flanged maces as a light flogging wep v low blunt resist armor. It's rare that I face off against someone whose armor would require that. Generally, it's just slashing kids up. Blunt is trash v mage armor obv. haha.

But yea MOAR DMG.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Please buff the sword meta. :D We ain't got enough sword players.

Unfortunately maces are just shit. The hitbox is so much fucked up. Almost quitted mortal until I switched to a different weapon class.
Yeah... While we're on the topic of balance, clubs really need something to make them more worth-while.

I hear they are 'better' in large scale PvP, and of course some people can make them work, but overall they just feel lackluster and hard to justify 100 points for a niche status like that unless you are going to invest multiple hundreds of points in melee.

Anyway, I'm still against buffing steel if everything else remains the same, because frankly Steel is already the best low tier metal by a large margin. If you're going to buff steel, you've gotta buff up something to be poor-man's steel like jadeite is currently. As it stands now, you are already better to be based out of a calx area and do steel for metallurgy, if you buff steel alone there's literally no reason for any other metal to exist.

I agree jadeite is too good/'easy', but buffing steel alone in response is bad. That's the fast ticket to making metallurgy even more meta 1 dimensional than it already is.

Just to spitball, in theory I'd be for buffing steel 3~ points slashing, and buffing bron by like 8~, and leaving jadeite where it is... So, steel for slash would be like 27~ and bron would be around 24~, and jadeite around 22~...

That way you create more options for metallurgy, bron is no longer mostly useless, bleck is no longer useless, and messing still has a use if you want to push to t3 for Tindremic Messing.

Steel is already the standard. Not sure what you mean about diminishing returns, but steel is better than jadeite in every single way. Higher dura(double+ that of jadeite), useful for all applications(unlike jadeite), higher slash dmg than jadeite, higher pierce damage than jadeite, higher blunt dmg than jadeite. It's superior in every way, and sells for way more gold because of this.

Jadeite's only real use is in slashing weapons, in which it serves as a low durability, lower dmg equivalent to steel. The problem isn't really jadeite's stats, but rather how easy it is to get jadeite. Like I said, it's basically a waste product. That's why I'm saying giving another actual metal jadeite's status as 'poor man's steel' is the only way to adjust it without breaking the balance even more.