Are we going to get Sub Tokens for Mortal 2 now?

Jaseace

May 28, 2020
TBH i still think this is a great idea, especially now that you have an entry level cost of buying the game along with subscription, the game will greatly benefit from it.
Lets be complete honest, people WILL trade gold for subscriptions no matter what you say or do, and nothing is going to change that. Why not just add the tokens in and bring it out of the blackmarket style where occasionally some newbie goes to the wrong person and gets ripped off, crying their bank got robbed by a hacker when we all know a lot of the time it's someone they gave the info to.

Make some additional money, maybe charge a bit more of sub tokens, but it's not going to destroy the economy because it's going to happen anyway SV. Tons of MMOs out there put this system in for a reason.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
TBH i still think this is a great idea, especially now that you have an entry level cost of buying the game along with subscription, the game will greatly benefit from it.
Lets be complete honest, people WILL trade gold for subscriptions no matter what you say or do, and nothing is going to change that. Why not just add the tokens in and bring it out of the blackmarket style where occasionally some newbie goes to the wrong person and gets ripped off, crying their bank got robbed by a hacker when we all know a lot of the time it's someone they gave the info to.

Make some additional money, maybe charge a bit more of sub tokens, but it's not going to destroy the economy because it's going to happen anyway SV. Tons of MMOs out there put this system in for a reason.
I still have disdain for you from the time you lost your mind and spammed a thread of mine, because it was a fun video I made of some PvE, and not a PvP clip.

This is a good suggestion though, which many people have wanted for ages. +1

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
I'd rather keep subbing for gold bannable, it gives an extra sense of thrill and excitement when you know you're doing something naughty. In otherwords, it's a hardcore mechanic

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It all depends on how easy it is to gain gold, how normal dupes is gonna be and ofc how banning will be imo.

I do hope Henrik will stick to his guns and go name and shame. Less chance to see banned players ingame at later times.

Lucifer

May 31, 2020
It all depends on how easy it is to gain gold, how normal dupes is gonna be and ofc how banning will be imo.

I do hope Henrik will stick to his guns and go name and shame. Less chance to see banned players ingame at later times.
Havent you heard the story of the russian? lol..

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind

Name and shame is a mixed bag. Naming them for shame will just as well motivate some hackers/exploitors so they feel like they are in a hall of fame.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I always liked the idea of sub tokens as well.

I also think the reason we never got them may have been technical issues. If that was the case then hopefully being exclusively on steam will make it less of an issue to pull off sub tokens.

Jaseace

May 28, 2020
Considering that they're still building this sytem, now is the time to get some securities in the works. I understand that they couldn't prevent duping and that's why we were never going to get in MO1, but this is one of the few things that could invite people to play the game that may not want to dump money but have time aplenty. Before I got my first job, I played MO plenty but rarely bothered to Sub unless I knew there was something going down that month. It can only increase SVs revenue as long as they can do it securely and prevent dupes and such.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Considering that they're still building this sytem, now is the time to get some securities in the works. I understand that they couldn't prevent duping and that's why we were never going to get in MO1, but this is one of the few things that could invite people to play the game that may not want to dump money but have time aplenty. Before I got my first job, I played MO plenty but rarely bothered to Sub unless I knew there was something going down that month. It can only increase SVs revenue as long as they can do it securely and prevent dupes and such.

I believe that Seb stated that they could make individual id's for each token. So, Even if you could dupe a token, only one of them would ever work and it would be easy to hunt down dupes. So duping was probably not the issue with the tokens.

[Speculation]
Since we did have reroll tokens, I think there must have been other reasons why we never got sub tokens. Possibly a third party/system is being used to handle the actual status of subs. For example the cc processor could keep track of that status when purchases and rebills have completed. Then the game just checks there to see if a player is subbed or not.

If something like that was the case then it may not be easy for SV to manipulate the status of a sub.

[/Speculation]

Hopefully it will be easier for SV to set up something like sub tokens with Steam doing all of the processing for MO2. (If they choose too that is.)

Though sub tokens may not be as useful with MO2 not having a F2P option.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I believe that Seb stated that they could make individual id's for each token. So, Even if you could dupe a token, only one of them would ever work and it would be easy to hunt down dupes. So duping was probably not the issue with the tokens.

[Speculation]
Since we did have reroll tokens, I think there must have been other reasons why we never got sub tokens. Possibly a third party/system is being used to handle the actual status of subs. For example the cc processor could keep track of that status when purchases and rebills have completed. Then the game just checks there to see if a player is subbed or not.

If something like that was the case then it may not be easy for SV to manipulate the status of a sub.

[/Speculation]

Hopefully it will be easier for SV to set up something like sub tokens with Steam doing all of the processing for MO2. (If they choose too that is.)

A player could with sub tokens, invest 1 month game time and have 1 month to get a sub token for the next month. Its a way for players who cant afford subs to be able to play without spending more than 1 month or purchasing the game if sub tokens are in at release.

Reactions: Amadman

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
i too like the idea of a game token. its really sounds like a giant win for SV in terms of revenue at least. I worry as to what effect it will have on the economy, since certainly there will be side effects and possible extra incentives for cheating. if added, i'd like to think SV will monitor it closely for any detrimental effects, but if history serves as any measure, they wont notice till its too late and then be too paralyzed to make needed changes. Perhaps im a pessimist or maybe i've just seen this cycle too many times...

-barcode

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
i too like the idea of a game token. its really sounds like a giant win for SV in terms of revenue at least. I worry as to what effect it will have on the economy, since certainly there will be side effects and possible extra incentives for cheating. if added, i'd like to think SV will monitor it closely for any detrimental effects, but if history serves as any measure, they wont notice till its too late and then be too paralyzed to make needed changes. Perhaps im a pessimist or maybe i've just seen this cycle too many times...

-barcode
Hopefully they have good logs this time around. As in can see all legitimized resources and as such can easily see and delete illeagal resources and items appeared out of thin air in the logs.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
A player could with sub tokens, invest 1 month game time and have 1 month to get a sub token for the next month. Its a way for players who cant afford subs to be able to play without spending more than 1 month or purchasing the game if sub tokens are in at release.

Agreed, It would still have some use but it would be much less accessible than it would have been in MO with free access. That is not to say its not worth doing though. The comment was mostly just in observation.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Just to clarify for anyone who initially gets the idea that you're buying a sub token with gold outright.

Someone is still purchasing the token with real-world currency and then selling it in-game for gold.

I have a feeling everyone in the thread currently above this post understand that, but I know some people get the idea twisted and think it's purely in-game currency for subtime and think it's a scam.

But yes. Sub tokens literally extend and increase the longevity of the game they are in. Look at it this way.

1. It's another gold sink.
  2. Star Vault profits from it, and potentially hooks new & old customers.
  3. It presents an opportunity for new and old players to try the game out. (Friends getting them a token, or a guild, etc.)
  4. You're safe from being scammed either out of your real world currency and in-game. So no more shady business.

You'd be surprised how many people are for the idea of sub tokens. Cause believe it or not, lets take Mortal Online 1 for example.

It could of potentially had more players in-game if it had introduced a working sub token. Namely the reasons above, but also some people have 'standards' in that they wont pay for a product unless they know it'll be enjoyable and or works. It's harsh, but true. Some people would outright refuse to sub to Mortal Online 1 because of persisting game issues. With the introduction of a game token, they could use in-game resources (if available) to get play time to play with their friends or to try the game out again without being gimped.

Cause believe it or not - a lot of the enduring 'playerbase' MO1 held in the past few years wasn't because they just absolutely loved the state of the game, it was mostly due to their friends, guilds, and ties in-game that kept them around and interested more often then not.

A sub token opens a lot of opportunities for the snowballing of the population as well as making profit from it.

Just my two cents but it would be amazing to actually see this.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

[Speculation]

[/Speculation]

They could be useful, just you'd have to present them differently. Obviously if you can't log in due to not having play time - you'd need to have purchased and used the sub token in advance to stack playtime. Though I can see the perspective of quitting, and not playing; and trying to return.

That does have me stumped honestly.