Are shields worth considering?

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
I have seen mostly 2h weapons used in-game, along with in videos I've watched.

Are shields worth considering at this time for standard play (aside from blocking arrows)? Lower skill ceiling like some other directional blocking games, or how is it different?

Also, if yes: can you put both shield and sword on a single hotbar somehow? I seem to recall this being a thing, but it may have been Darkfall or a different game.

Thank you!

Tzone

May 16, 2021
For a mage yes, for a fighter no, it uses too much stamina compared to with out a shield when you attack. A good amount of people still use them but it really just holds people back when they get more skill full in the game.

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
For a mage yes, for a fighter no, it uses too much stamina compared to with out a shield when you attack. A good amount of people still use them but it really just holds people back when they get more skill full in the game.

Thanks! Why would a mage benefit from using a shield while a fighter would not? I am thinking hybrid, so would be helpful to know :)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Thanks! Why would a mage benefit from using a shield while a fighter would not? I am thinking hybrid, so would be helpful to know :)
Mages wear the shield on our backs and it blocks hits that hit the shield. You can look down and they can only hit your legs if you face away from other players.