An ideia about how to implement 2 character slot (Diva System)

Marchioro

Mar 25, 2024
I'm well aware that this isn't a very popular opinion, not just in MO2 but in other MMOS as well, but one of the most interesting things about this game for me is the idea of commitment to one single character and gameplay style. I must confess that I see beauty in a game where your choices, your reputation (your name), affects how the universe (NPCs) and the community itself (Players) see and interact with you.

As much as this idea, for me, is very beautiful, I also see some problems... It seems sensible to say that the majority of the player base is adults (At least in age...). This theoretically implies a shorter game time, which makes it less interesting for many to be stuck with one style of play, since today, if you want to try something different, the only option in the game would be to give up all your progress and create a new character.

In practice, most players deal with this problem by simply paying for a new account. This in itself is already a certain way of circumventing the commitment to your reputation and reduces dependence on other players, since you have an entire profession tree to meet your needs. And of course it is possible to be completely self-sufficient depending on how many accounts you are willing to maintain.

In this context, I would like to propose a solution that provides a little more flexibility for a single account without compromising the interrelationships between players, providing the best of both worlds.
The best way I see to implement a second character in this concept consists of a reputation and profession tree shared between characters. To achieve this, the following measures need to be taken:

• The family name will now be the name by which you will be known in Nave, i.e., it must be unique. This way, players are free to name their characters as they wish without problems with repeated names.

• Remove profession clades from the gift tree, such as Plantshaper, Alchemist, Faunist, Metallurgist and the like... from each clade and add to a “profession gifts” tab. This tab will be common for all clades and shared between both characters.
• Increase the number of profession skill points by 300 – 500 (Or some other number that Star Vault deems appropriate). The idea here is to help dedicated builds such as alchemists and refiners not have to decide between doing everything the profession is capable of or having some way of processing the materials they need, as well as more “self-sufficient” builds being a little more flexible without being completely self-sufficient.

Such changes will help players experiment new things without hurting MO2's concepts of reputation and dependence on other players, since these additional profession points will help without impacting as much as a separate new profession tree.

Reactions: VanaheiimTTV