A couple of things that need to be fixed before persistence.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People arent going to stick around if they have to deal with abusing systems in untended ways like swimming for example. There is a long list of things outside of swimming but its probably one of the most abused situations in the game outside of ogh pipe animations. A lot of people arent going to deal with bug abuses and abusing systems not fully in during persistence. Barely want to deal with these issues now, why would people keep playing when their persistence resources are affected.

Issue one: No water combat

This game needs some way to attack in water immediately, so many people hug water in GK like they would hug guardzone in lawfull towns. You have to have a mage inorder to attack people who flee into water. As a archer it is hard to kill a person in the water since they just dive down after the first arrow. Hybrids become viable if a you need to chase a non mage. But hybrids and especially mages just splash around on the beach trying to lure you closer to cast on you.

Its like fighting rats to be honest, I see now where the term came from and why it is used. They spawn in on a alt, you wipe them a couple of times they make it to water or only fight you near water. Swim away, then log off in a corner in 10s, go play one a different account log back in 10 minutes later make it to top bank or water pigs to get a greifer weapon if their greifer sword is broken then harass you while your dueling. The counter to them swimming away is just to waste you time looking for them or only stay up bear blast furnace so they dont have enough time to run back to water. Most of these players just want to waist your time instead of fighting and making content for the game.

Swimming abuse also happens in open world fights where one side will flee into the water if they have a superior number of mages and hybrids. Its pretty hard to get people to come far enough away from the water to fight just like mages will stand in guardzone healing and casting on grey names if there is a fight.

For the solution I do not care if there are not even animations, Just add a attack in water. This game will solve so many issues in a lot of the cities and fights if you could just trade against players who fled at low health into the water. Just look at them and left click to do the same damage as a thrust, just add it as soon as possible with out animations and try to get those in before persistence.

It will be terrible if there is not form of water combat in game at persistence and people will be harrassed by people trying to grief by swimming constantly in some spots. It would be better for EA launch of there was no attack animations for the water combat but you could still attack.

Issue two: Log outs in towns

Towns are still battle grounds, IDK why there is a 10s timer for log outs. Players have guards and can hide is safe spots in lawfull town and why have inns or houses if you could log out in 10s at bank. I personally think cities should have a longer but not inconvenient log out time. I personally would like a minute but would settle for 30s at least since even lawfull towns are PvP zones.

But the Issue I actually want to bring up is PvP towns like the unlawfull Kranesh and GK have 10s log out timers. If they manage to get a head start on you they can either make it to water or to a rat hole to log out in. They will go back to their alt and do what ever then they will log back in. I dont want to waist 20-30mins watching a log out spot while the other dude isnt waiting their time. And also they can have their ghosted buddy look to see if the log outspot is safe.

So Unlawfull towns should have 1 minute log out timers. To prevent people from combat logging in biggest PvP hotspot in the game. People eventually will be able to have camps they could use is both places for convenience log outs.

Also Cave camp and Jungle camp should have 1 minute timers instead of 2 minutes. This part doesn't really matter anymore since the wait in the world for 30 minutes part isnt a thing anymore but its a convenience suggestion.

Issue three: Oghmirs pipe has been broken for a long time

The main issue with oghmirs is that they can animation cancel the Pipe when they are not supposed too. They can pipe while blocking and keep blocking but they cant pipe and then block. But they can tap block and then pipe to have no pipe animation and still fight normally. They can pipe while doing a overhead attack as well. They can also pipe during the bandaging animation. We cant loot bags while bandaging because our hands are full but can pipe almost anything with out hands. On top of this they can pipe several times in a fight while using invulnerability gifts.

Pipe usage is very very broken and I just hope that SV fixes it in a upcoming patch already as its been 3 patches maybe 4 of dealing with pipe animation canceling oghmirs. If their reserves get destroyed it doesn't matter they run to water, swim away find some pigs get reserves back up, and do it again. If they just dont log off and come back later when you stopped wasting your time on them.

These are the three things we want to bring to attention and get fixes for, Griefing or attempting to harass players is part of the game but there is too much abuse of bugs or non working systems. Attacks in water isnt adding content in our view but it will make the game so far much better and less of a waste of time chasing people who refuse to fight but will continue to harass you. Persistence is probably a little too soon but it will be game killing if some of the issues are not fixed by then.

Edit: Another thing got brought up to me. That players can break out of the priest spawn animation by going into combat mode.

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
This post gave me PTSD flashbacks of combat alpha and stress test.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I can't help but feel a bit attacked here. I'm that pesky mage you speak about and pverpcrafter is that annoying little ogh you're directly trying to get nerfed. I'll agree and disagree with you on some things and break down my thought process here.

Water combat is stale as fuck right now blatantly putting it. Although, water is probably the only mechanic to outplay in Medulli against more than 3x your numbers. How do we fix this? I certainly have no idea here. I think melee underwater would be complete dumpsters. Parry and swing under water like we're spartan mermaids? What does that leave us with, bows? Do we tweak in bows to have aquatic shot of some sort? Make it so they have to risk stamina to chase mages in the water since they're a direct counter? Make it cost a few extra points 200 ish? I think raw archers aren't plenty enough maybe this can solve this. I can agree with you tho water is op for mages there's no discussion for this. It's probably a blessing that gk meta has opened up the door to more hybrid play.

No quick log out in GK. I'm all for this my man and I think you know why. I can't think of a single time I've logged out of gk from a fight.

Oghmir crack pipe is kind of in a decent spot. I agree and disagree with you here. It's going to be difficult for my tiny brain to even articulate this. We'd have to go over some strengths and weakness about the item now don't we.

If we think about weaknesses what do we think of? Me personally, I think of how corrupt just makes it a dead clade. I'm not saying you can consistently hit a corrupt on an ogh every time he crack pipes, but it slows down the process now doesn't it. You'll have a pretty huge window to kill your target. He has to live purely off of skill of parrying to withstand the furry of melee, until a window opens up for him to heal. Given, there isnt another corrupt loaded up for him to live the first corrupt. It can actually void out the entire clade essentially making it dead. Kind of weird how that works huh? Another huge weakness about crack pipes is the health reserves. Let me break this down to you in our shared anecdotal evidence. Now what you think of this ratty annoying play style has purpose. You see when we crack pipe 40 times in a row for one fight we have zero reserves. This is a direct snowball effect to fast respawns in gk. You try to rez at the priest with 50 hp and just get insta domed back to ghost world. Since there is a lack of spawn point in a very important area like gk. Now, what are the consequences of crack pipe is essentially risking your ability to escape hot towns. You'll have zero chance at 50 hp. Now, I can't disagree with you saying that parrying while healing isnt strong as fuck, but so is a lean veela with movement speed sticky backing your mage. The big problem I see with this is if you do it to ogh you'd have to do it to all clades right. Every class would be useless while clading. It wouldn't make sense to me to give veela the ability to sticky back people while oghs cannot crack pipe and defend themselves. It's all really counter intuitive now isn't it.

Strengths making clips and montages. All seriousness I dont have to talk about its strengths thats why you're here today.

The way you view grief is the way I see getting around the priest rez. I'm sorry you feel so attacked, but if your way of playing for fun is priest camp. I'll find a way to get my boy out of the priest to rez and have fun my way. Pvp is my way of having fun. I hope Henrik doesn't give you his way so its easier to enable priest camping. I think its a terrible mechanic as of the current state of the game. I'll leave that for another time tho and stay on topic.

Reactions: Gutz

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I can't help but feel a bit attacked here. I'm that pesky mage you speak about and pverpcrafter is that annoying little ogh you're directly trying to get nerfed. I'll agree and disagree with you on some things and break down my thought process here.

Water combat is stale as fuck right now blatantly putting it. Although, water is probably the only mechanic to outplay in Medulli against more than 3x your numbers. How do we fix this? I certainly have no idea here. I think melee underwater would be complete dumpsters. Parry and swing under water like we're spartan mermaids? What does that leave us with, bows? Do we tweak in bows to have aquatic shot of some sort? Make it so they have to risk stamina to chase mages in the water since they're a direct counter? Make it cost a few extra points 200 ish? I think raw archers aren't plenty enough maybe this can solve this. I can agree with you tho water is op for mages there's no discussion for this. It's probably a blessing that gk meta has opened up the door to more hybrid play.

No quick log out in GK. I'm all for this my man and I think you know why. I can't think of a single time I've logged out of gk from a fight.

Oghmir crack pipe is kind of in a decent spot. I agree and disagree with you here. It's going to be difficult for my tiny brain to even articulate this. We'd have to go over some strengths and weakness about the item now don't we.

If we think about weaknesses what do we think of? Me personally, I think of how corrupt just makes it a dead clade. I'm not saying you can consistently hit a corrupt on an ogh every time he crack pipes, but it slows down the process now doesn't it. You'll have a pretty huge window to kill your target. He has to live purely off of skill of parrying to withstand the furry of melee, until a window opens up for him to heal. Given, there isnt another corrupt loaded up for him to live the first corrupt. It can actually void out the entire clade essentially making it dead. Kind of weird how that works huh? Another huge weakness about crack pipes is the health reserves. Let me break this down to you in our shared anecdotal evidence. Now what you think of this ratty annoying play style has purpose. You see when we crack pipe 40 times in a row for one fight we have zero reserves. This is a direct snowball effect to fast respawns in gk. You try to rez at the priest with 50 hp and just get insta domed back to ghost world. Since there is a lack of spawn point in a very important area like gk. Now, what are the consequences of crack pipe is essentially risking your ability to escape hot towns. You'll have zero chance at 50 hp. Now, I can't disagree with you saying that parrying while healing isnt strong as fuck, but so is a lean veela with movement speed sticky backing your mage. The big problem I see with this is if you do it to ogh you'd have to do it to all clades right. Every class would be useless while clading. It wouldn't make sense to me to give veela the ability to sticky back people while oghs cannot crack pipe and defend themselves. It's all really counter intuitive now isn't it.

Strengths making clips and montages. All seriousness I dont have to talk about its strengths thats why you're here today.

The way you view grief is the way I see getting around the priest rez. I'm sorry you feel so attacked, but if your way of playing for fun is priest camp. I'll find a way to get my boy out of the priest to rez and have fun my way. Pvp is my way of having fun. I hope Henrik doesn't give you his way so its easier to enable priest camping. I think its a terrible mechanic as of the current state of the game. I'll leave that for another time tho and stay on topic.

I brought up the preist thing because other people wanted me to do it. Im ok with it. It is hard to tell what is a bug and what is intended some times.

Pipe might be ballanced on paper but its supposed to force you into a animation where you cant block or attack. A ogh can in the middle a fight can pipe while fighting which is pretty broken. You cant really kill a oghmir if they abuse pipe bugs, If the devs thought healing during a fight was balanced they would have made bandis not have a long forced animation.
We all know ogh is too strong right now, and probably due to just bug abuses.

Health reserves dont matter because you can just eat pig after you run away from preist. All it does it keeps you occupied for a couple of minutes.

For water issues Ive seen in the past guilds that out numbered their opponets run to water to try and do mind blast. Its not a outplay ability its just a way to escape instead of outplaying.

Reactions: jgonano

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Reserves do matter in so many situations its unfunny. If not why was it implemented into the game?

Gutz

Jul 8, 2021
Ehh im with @FashoMyHoe on this one. Just cause you are having issue with a certain race/weapon/abilities/mechanic/terrain doesnt mean it needs to be fixed to better suit you, or your guilds playstyle- Cause if that was the case I could sh!tpost on meduli all day long. instead I try to get better, adapt, or try to outplay/outsmart my opponent. Oghs are suppose to be tanky, I personally dont play one but I dont see a reason to take away from the animation. it basically just turns it into a bandage at that point which you can kill someone during that duration when they cant defend themselves. if you take that away from then what are they? trash. Then we will be posting about how hard Thursars hit vs Veelas. I smell VVCC PROPAGANDA!!

And I am all for a 30-60 second timer on logouts in Gk and Kran.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ehh im with @FashoMyHoe on this one. Just cause you are having issue with a certain race/weapon/abilities/mechanic/terrain doesnt mean it needs to be fixed to better suit you, or your guilds playstyle- Cause if that was the case I could sh!tpost on meduli all day long. instead I try to get better, adapt, or try to outplay/outsmart my opponent. Oghs are suppose to be tanky, I personally dont play one but I dont see a reason to take away from the animation. it basically just turns it into a bandage at that point which you can kill someone during that duration when they cant defend themselves. if you take that away from then what are they? trash. Then we will be posting about how hard Thursars hit vs Veelas. I smell VVCC PROPAGANDA!!

And I am all for a 30-60 second timer on logouts in Gk and Kran.
Im asking for bug fixes tho not rebalancing. You are not supposed to beable to cancel the animation or pipe while using a bandage. Its not like the clade gifts which animations are mostly for RP and meant to be broken my normal actions. Do you think its intended for ogh to be able to break pipe animation by taping block but not by blocking after the animation starts?

Gutz

Jul 8, 2021
Im asking for bug fixes tho not rebalancing. You are not supposed to beable to cancel the animation or pipe while using a bandage. Its not like the clade gifts which animations are mostly for RP and meant to be broken my normal actions. Do you think its intended for ogh to be able to break pipe animation by taping block but not by blocking after the animation starts?
Intended? No. But does it actually make the clade useful? Yes. So what I’m getting at is that the clade animation should be super short or it’s basically useless. That’s my point. It works better with the animation cancel. It’a either they need to change the animation time, or just leave it as is.
you’re problem with Pipe remains the same either way. That’s my argument. No one is going to use the clade if you have that long of an animation for a decent heal that you can out-damage, eats a sh!t ton of your reserves and can get 100-0 during the animation, it’s intended to use while in combat. Also it’s the only clade in the game that has a counter. Corrupt the ogh- kill the ogh.